PDA

View Full Version : PSP: SNES9xTYL 0.4 source code stolen and official version released

Pages : [1] 2

tsurumaru
May 7th, 2006, 23:32
http://image.lik-sang.com/images//large/super-famicom.jpg

UPDATE

The Standard Version for v2.0+ Owners has been updated, heres why:

[FIX] Speed issue for non-me version and sound emulated modes.

Download Both Versions Via Comments

Yoyofr (http://yoyofr92.free.fr/psp/snespsp.html) has posted the following on his Site/Forums.

Official release of SNES9x TYL V0.4

s9xTYL 0.4 ...... is released! ;)

Heres whats new in the latest version of the Best Snes emulator for the PSP:

main new features :
- adhoc 2 players mode. both player need to launch the same rom
- full sound emulation on media engine for ME version
- new GUI
- small fixes for lots of stuff
- SPC player
- seems however slower when launched in no sound (not emulated) mode, perhaps related to the latest pspsdk... have to analyze this.

Since v0.3, there's 2 versions :
- standard, running in user mode, allowing firmware 2.0+ psp.
- me, running in kernel mode and using the Media Engine for sound mixing, only working on firmware 1.0 & 1.5 psp.

Download and Give Feed back Via Comments

<blockquote>Source code leaked

VERY IMPORTANT :

The source code of the emulator has been leaked through some people which found how to download it from the official web site. (I have contacted yoyo, but he is probably still sleeping right now and anyway the damage is done)

While it is not TOO MUCH of a trouble (but we dont agree with it neither ok ?). We are wondering about SECURITY PROBLEM.

Downloading already compiled binary from our official site garantee you that the program will NOT do something REALLY BAD to your PSP.(it may be a buggy and crashy emulator sometime :-), but it will NEVER BREAK your PSP)

So, this is a message to the whole PSP community.
Please do NOT download binaries of TYL that you don't know where it is coming from...

Laxer3A</blockquote>

We at PSP News/DCEmu agree with Yoyofr that stealing of code ruins the PSP Scene.

Download this excellent emulator and Leave Feedback Via Comments

tedou
May 8th, 2006, 00:55
yessssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ss thanks youuuuuuuuuuuuuu veryyyyyyyyyy muchhhhhhhhhh lollllllllll

idapimp
May 8th, 2006, 00:57
this rules

tedou
May 8th, 2006, 00:57
but donkey kong run slowwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

rock_light
May 8th, 2006, 00:59
Most Apreciated!! Thank You Thank You!!

wraggster
May 8th, 2006, 01:01
thanks for the news submission :)

Thanks massively to the coders for the main reason i use my PSP for homebrew :)

tedou
May 8th, 2006, 01:02
no sorry fast lol

Yankee_182
May 8th, 2006, 01:04
this emulator run at full speed?

pspfan
May 8th, 2006, 01:07
Been waiting for this forever! Finally another Ad Hoc emulator. I've got Dgen, NesterJ, SMS Plus, and now SNES9xTYL with Ad Hoc. That only leaves Daedalus and RIN without it. (Obviously it's not a high priority for Daedalus and M64, but I'm still hoping someone would add it to RIN...I think the source is out and Chris Swindle has given his Ad Hoc code, too, I believe...Oh well this is great for now.)

Awesome job guys.

tedou
May 8th, 2006, 01:08
very fast

KoolAidMan
May 8th, 2006, 01:09
any new compatibility?

tedou
May 8th, 2006, 01:15
oh yessss mario kart run faster

Emeriastone
May 8th, 2006, 01:19
Impressive...

Voltron
May 8th, 2006, 01:21
YES YES YES - I was starting to think twice about wether this would actually be released. I'm so proud of this EMU and the team behind. I will try it out thoroughly and report results.

So the source was leaked huh? That is definitely not cool but maybe good in the long run. The TYL team knows this EMU best. So their code will likely be superior to someone trying to alter the source.

tedou
May 8th, 2006, 01:22
secret of mana run fasttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt very nice

thePavelish
May 8th, 2006, 01:23
donkey kong is still quite slow in some levels, however great gui! n must try the netplay soon =D

tedou
May 8th, 2006, 01:26
no its fast pspaccel+accusoft frameskip 1 and enjoy this fantastic emulator

jordanblack68
May 8th, 2006, 01:26
hi

MikeDX
May 8th, 2006, 01:32
This is a fantastic release. The few games I have tried ran flawlessy 60/60fps

Sadly I could not get my 1.5psp to play netplay with my girlfriends 2.01 sp using bock eloader :(

tedou
May 8th, 2006, 01:36
starfox run slow but all games run fastttttttttt

thePavelish
May 8th, 2006, 01:39
oops, your right =] great stuff!

sroon
May 8th, 2006, 01:41
YAY secret of mana!! SD3!! and Chrono trigger!!!

Voltron
May 8th, 2006, 01:42
Starfox, Mario Kart, Kirby Superstar, etc. will likely still run slow due to the FX

I don't have a 2nd 1.50 PSP so if anyone tries netplay and gets it to work successfully, please post your results.

If netplay is as good as it looks on 1.50, I will be buying a 2nd PSP to have 2 1.50's. I'm dying to play Super Bomberman via adhoc on PSP.

sroon
May 8th, 2006, 01:42
Which is better medea edition (ME) or the other one?

sroon
May 8th, 2006, 01:43
How does adhoc work? is it good?

tedou
May 8th, 2006, 01:45
Voltron no mario kart run fast

Voltron
May 8th, 2006, 01:45
If you have a 1.50 PSP ME is the best because it puts it uses the ME (Media Engine) for sound which allows more resources to be freed up and better, faster emulation. SNESTYL 0.3ME only had sound partially on the ME. It was said with 0.4 that sound would be completely on ME so there would be a performance boost.

aries2k4
May 8th, 2006, 01:48
Nice job on the update. As soon as I have time and can grab a hold of my nephew and his psp IŽll try the adhoc

PsychoSync
This release is awesome! Overall, its a big speed boost, games that are not using mode7 or make small use of it run at 55-60fps, that's great. But we must not ask too much from a Snes emu for PSP, SuperFX games will never perform at full speed even with very good optimizations (maybe with dynamic recompiler?). Yoyofr & Laxer3A did a hell of a good job on that emu so please don't complain if some games do not run full speed, some games will probably never run full speed or be supported.

The GUI is one of the best there is! Simply amazing!

sroon
If you have a 1.50 PSP ME is the best because it puts it uses the ME (Media Engine) for sound which allows more resources to be freed up and better, faster emulation. SNESTYL 0.3ME only had sound partially on the ME. It was said with 0.4 that sound would be completely on ME so there would be a performance boost.
Thank you I am very much apreciated for you to clear that up for me!

DeathEvil
May 8th, 2006, 01:51
so far I'm disappointed. Don't get me wrong I love the emu and was waiting for it ages. I downloaded the regular version because from what I understand ME version should be for 2.0 or higher right? Tried donkey king trilogy, mario world 2 yoshi story, and so far games run slower than they did on tyl 0.3. I do like the new GUI - very sexy.

Should I try ME version for 1.5PSP?

Thanks for the authors of this emu

DeathEvil
May 8th, 2006, 01:52
my bad, I confused the versions:D I have to download ME for my 1.5 PSP. WHOOOHOO back to testing:) will post results

F9zDark
May 8th, 2006, 01:53
I tested DBZ:Hyper Dimension, runs pretty good. I need to configure my settings fully, see which works best.

I want to try ad hoc mode next, but charging up my 1.0 PSP. Will let everyone know how it is.

tedou
May 8th, 2006, 01:55
no in settings pspaccel+accusoft and frameskip 1 and all games run fast yessssss

V3N0M
May 8th, 2006, 01:57
I have been waiting for this release for monthes now and then when i least expect it comes out!

tedou
May 8th, 2006, 01:57
yesssssssssssss street fighter alpha 2 run he's compatible very nice

Emeriastone
May 8th, 2006, 01:58
this isn't as fast as uosnes9x

Edit: yeah, definitely, way slower.

the GUI is cool, but it comes down to the fact that this is an emulator. Spend more time working on the emulation and less on your GUI. Things may work out better for you in the end.

I'm switching straight back to my old one (my faster one).

scarph
May 8th, 2006, 02:00
uhh this is sorta depressing

if this cant run mega man x3 perfectly how will i ever run something like mega man 64

PsychoSync
May 8th, 2006, 02:01
What are you talking about? This is the fastest Snes emulator there is.

cyanide_nfs
May 8th, 2006, 02:02
how is the source leaked if it is directly available on his site?
on the left, below to the download links is the source link...

tedou
May 8th, 2006, 02:03
street fighter alpha 2 working he he he nice

sroon
May 8th, 2006, 02:06
uhh this is sorta depressing

if this cant run mega man x3 perfectly how will i ever run something like mega man 64
I was just playing mm64 on the n64 emu for psp!

Voltron
May 8th, 2006, 02:06

the GUI is cool, but it comes down to the fact that this is an emulator. Spend more time working on the emulation and less on your GUI. Things may work out better for you in the end.

You must be using a 2.00 or higher PSP then. 1.50 PSP owners will benefit most from this.

scarph
May 8th, 2006, 02:12
I was just playing mm64 on the n64 emu for psp!

yea i understand that but itll never run full speed if snes mega man cant

squidler80
May 8th, 2006, 02:16

I wish people would stop complaining about, the speed in the standard version, it's already optimized to the max, the psp only has 333mhz processor, your not going to get full speed snes emultion, try running snes9x on p2 333 ain't going to happen. The me version is like running it on 666mhz p2 test that and you will see the diffrence.

333mhz for the main processor and 333 for the media processor.

It is recommended that you get a semi-
modern PC with a 600mhz Pentium 3/celeron/duron/athlon processor if you want
good results. A 1 GHz is recommended for those that want a near perfect
experience. Also 64MB of ram is highly suggested with the possibility of more
being needed if you play a game that requires graphic packs. (Right off the snes9x facts.)

people should be happy with the performance there gettig it's pretty awesome what this team has accomplished.

wraggster
May 8th, 2006, 02:29
Updated the newspost with a new version for v2.0+ firmware owners

robotdevil
May 8th, 2006, 02:34
Squidler, that's not a comparison that can be made. For a PC to run an emulator it is usually done in Windows, a very bloated OS. Windows 98 uses approx 45-70MB of RAM when loaded (depending on optional content), Windows ME uses 55-85MB and Windows XP uses 130-170MB. And those are JUST windows, there's still all the other software that runs on top (the emulator itself, your anti-virus software, camera software, IMs). At time of writing this I have 390MB used running only Windows, IE, Trend-Micro's PC-Cillin and Webroots Spy Sweeper. Ok, there's a few other proggies, but they're making up less than 4MB. All of that stuff running subtracts from processing power too. The PSP has 333MHz CPU, and it's OS is only 8MB. It also has a highly adaptive CPU, ME and GPU. To say that this emu is optimized to the max is making a very bold statement. Unless you're part of a development team for Sony sanctioned software on the PSP there's no way to make such a claim. There's always something that can be done. A huge step has been taken to use the ME, I believe the next step will be to offload more onto the GPU, after that cleaning up the core CPU stuff would be nice (but probably not necessary).

I do, however, agree with your last line:

people should be happy with the performance there getting it's pretty awesome what this team has accomplished.
True-er words were never spoken.

Very nicely done EMU, and I am running 2.0

Emeriastone
May 8th, 2006, 02:37
Voltron: I see... Thanks.

John Vattic
May 8th, 2006, 02:44
very nice yoyofr! very nice! :cool:

compliments due to the chef!!!!!!

will try the ad hoc this evening!

lmao@ playing with myself :p

John Vattic
May 8th, 2006, 03:02
sorry for the double post but:

he put a frekin game genie in it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

my new favorite emu!!!!!!!!!!

LazerTag
May 8th, 2006, 03:07
I am beyond impressed, that is all.

shadow77
May 8th, 2006, 03:10

what the ..

I am VERY picky on frame rates and TYL 0.4me is more than 150% faster than uosnes9x

MMX1 - 3 work full speed for me 60FPS

there is like a couple spots and boss fights where it dips down but for 99% of the game it is 60fps

the uosnes9x was slow on everything.. even Super Mario World it couldn't pull 60fps .. tyl 0.4me pulls 60fps on basically every game except for like 3, those being SMRPG, Star Fox and Kirby

squidler80
May 8th, 2006, 03:11
I agree with you about the windows thing, but x86 porocesor is also much faster than a mips processor, so it's a trade off.

as for the speed thing they may be able to get a couple frames here and there , but not noticable enough. The only way there going to get more performace that's going to be noticable enough is if the right emu from the ground up completly in assembly. which would take for ever. However i don't want to burst anybody bubbles so we will just have to wait and see and hopefully i'm wrong :)

Squidler, that's not a comparison that can be made. For a PC to run an emulator it is usually done in Windows, a very bloated OS. Windows 98 uses approx 45-70MB of RAM when loaded (depending on optional content), Windows ME uses 55-85MB and Windows XP uses 130-170MB. And those are JUST windows, there's still all the other software that runs on top (the emulator itself, your anti-virus software, camera software, IMs). At time of writing this I have 390MB used running only Windows, IE, Trend-Micro's PC-Cillin and Webroots Spy Sweeper. Ok, there's a few other proggies, but they're making up less than 4MB. All of that stuff running subtracts from processing power too. The PSP has 333MHz CPU, and it's OS is only 8MB. It also has a highly adaptive CPU, ME and GPU. To say that this emu is optimized to the max is making a very bold statement. Unless you're part of a development team for Sony sanctioned software on the PSP there's no way to make such a claim. There's always something that can be done. A huge step has been taken to use the ME, I believe the next step will be to offload more onto the GPU, after that cleaning up the core CPU stuff would be nice (but probably not necessary).

samthegreat68
May 8th, 2006, 04:23
sorry for the double post but:

he put a frekin game genie in it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

my new favorite emu!!!!!!!!!!

Game genie is for n00bs man!

shadowprophet
May 8th, 2006, 04:24
So is the 2.0+ version improved too?
Or what ?
Byw im very pleased to see another release of this awsome emu :rolleyes:

mcleod
May 8th, 2006, 04:33
omg this is freaking awesome yayayayayayayayayayayayayayayayayayay thank you soo much for your hard work !!!!!! ^.^

kayhanbakid
May 8th, 2006, 04:35
Game genie is for n00bs man!

have you ever beaten Maximum Carnage without cheat codes. that's like the only game on snes that i can't finish.

btw, incredible update. the new menu is awesome, the speed increase with sound is great. almost all games work perfectly without sound but most games are now enjoyable with sound. great job. and thanx for the game genie.

also, as an example of how much better the media engine version is, i tested aladdin with both. it runs at 60fps on both without sound. With sound it runs at about 40fps on the media version and at about 21-24 fps on the regular.

once again, tremendous job. i can't try the netplay yet because i don't know anyone with a psp, but it sounds great.

Cap'n 1time
May 8th, 2006, 04:47
This emulator is great... but I have to say i dislike the new GUI...

jman420
May 8th, 2006, 04:54
awesome Emulator!

however, I have already noticed a bug, When I just downloaded it, I tryed to open "Final Fantasy Mystic Quest" which worked on s9xtylme .3 and it went through the liquid crystal drip and crystal re-formation screen, and then a little blue box with the number 5 poped up, and the whole system froze.. just thought I'd point that out..

other then that, freekin awesome emulator! Mario RPG is almost playable :D

I'll post again if I find any more bugs :D

shadowprophet
May 8th, 2006, 05:09
Im on a 2.0 psp

It seems the only way to pull up the congif menu is when a rom is loaded. and when i change things it only applies to that rom. Not to mention it almost always crashes when I do change settings.

But thats perfectly fine.
I really like this emu and hope its bugs get worked out :p

Voltron
May 8th, 2006, 05:11
Finally!

Super Mario RPG works like a dream now with this EMU. Not perfect but for Super Mario RPG it is incredible. Right away I notice that a lot of games that used to be sluggish and needed frameskip set to 1 or 2 now work perfect with no frameskip at all. This is an amazing piece of work. I'm so glad I donated to the TYL team. I will be donating more for sure after seeing this.

On 1.50 PSP's, this is now the best EMU, period.

This gives me the feeling I got when I was a kid and got a brand new SNES game and could not wait to get home from school to play it. This EMU lets me be a kid again. For that, it is invaluable and a treasured piece of homebrew work.

Thank you YoYoFr & LaXer3a

jman420
May 8th, 2006, 05:12
however, nice DSP-1 chip emulation, its now possible to play FF3, and mario cart..

still no DSP-4 Emulation, I get the same message as on FFMQ when I try to play Top Gear 3000...

still, awesomeness :D

shadowprophet
May 8th, 2006, 05:13
thats freaken it. Im downgradeing :mad:
Screw 2.0!!

Inu268
May 8th, 2006, 05:15
super mario rpg runs at 57-60 ...but gets a little slower in battles =/
sometimes the sound just turn off when i load a state,then i save state and it goes back again....weird
most games runs faster and the new menu is kick ass...
another problem i noticed is even if you choose to not map the analog to the dpad, when you try to set a function to the analog it just set it to the dpad instead....i barely uses the analog, and i got to press L+R sometimes so i wanted to change the menu,frameskip+- and turbo to the analog...

kidloak09
May 8th, 2006, 05:17
this emulator sucks! i am extremely disapointed, i thought it was supposed to be the best snes emulator for the psp but i see it is not. the best SNES emulator up to date that i have used is the PD. Sorry but this emulator runs extremely slow and has been worked more on the menu than on the speed and quality of its emulation.

shadowprophet
May 8th, 2006, 05:19
this emulator sucks! i am extremely disapointed, i thought it was supposed to be the best snes emulator for the psp but i see it is not. the best SNES emulator up to date that i have used is the PD. Sorry but this emulator runs extremely slow and has been worked more on the menu than on the speed and quality of its emulation.

Your on firmware 2.0+ arnt you?
Yeah it seems us 2.0 users are basicly screwed when it comes to emulation. im downgradeing..

Cant somone fine a way to exploit kernal mode on 2.0+ psps? and dont tell me it cant be done!!
I know it can:o

kidloak09
May 8th, 2006, 05:20
yeah i use 2.6

V3N0M
May 8th, 2006, 05:20

Your settings must be wrong because this emu runs at or near full spead. Or you have FW higher than 1.5 using USER mode instead of ME witch is a little slower. But other wise this emu is the best one out there.

jman420
May 8th, 2006, 05:21
and as for the Final Fantasy Mystic Quest issue, it is not possible to make it past the main menu screen, to the new game screen due to an emulator error..
however, for anyone wanting to play FFMQ, it is possible to load FFMQ on TYL .03, save a savestate, and re-load it onto the TYL .4... and the emulation as far as I have played, is so much better, I thank you TYL group (for I do not remember your names)

and kidloak, you sereously think that you have an emulator for psp, that will emulate DSP-1 chips, and play Super mario RPG at 50-60 FPS????

if you do, I would be seriously interested, otherwise, your commentary isnt helpful, so if ya dont got nething nice to say, dont say nothin at all!

Voltron
May 8th, 2006, 05:22
I have already noticed a bug, When I just downloaded it, I tryed to open "Final Fantasy Mystic Quest" which worked on s9xtylme .3 and it went through the liquid crystal drip and crystal re-formation screen, and then a little blue box with the number 5 poped up, and the whole system froze.. just thought I'd point that out..

I just loaded Final Fantasy Mystic Quest with no problem. After the drop I did not see the blue box with #5 in the middle of the screen. Everything seems to be OK with the game on my PSP. I did see the blue box with #5 while playing Donkey Kong Country. It did not crash the game. Only appeared for a second and disappeared.

I'm using a 1.50 PSP with the following settings:

Full Screen
333Mhz
Frameskip 0
Smoothing - Yes
Engine - PSP Accel. + accur. soft.
Vsync - No
Render PAL as NTSC - YES
Show FPS - YES

These settings work great on most games. I had to set the frameskip to 1 on Donkey Kong Country & Chrono Trigger and frameskip to 2 on Mega Man X3.

Man this is a sweet EMU. The GUI is a little awkward at first but it is growing on me and a real improvement to the plain old GUI of past versions.

kidloak09
May 8th, 2006, 05:23
i never said i had an emulator that emulates DSP-1, i simply said PD is better than this one for me

shadowprophet
May 8th, 2006, 05:26
I just loaded Final Fantasy Mystic Quest with no problem. After the drop I did not see the blue box with #5 in the middle of the screen. Everything seems to be OK with the game on my PSP. I did see the blue box with #5 while playing Donkey Kong Country. It did not crash the game. Only appeared for a second and disappeared.

Full Screen
333Mhz
Frameskip 0
Smoothing - Yes
Vsync - No
Render PAL as NTSC - YES
Show FPS - YES

These settings work great on most games. I had to set the frameskip to 1 on Donkey Kong Country & Chrono Trigger and frameskip to 2 on Mega Man X3.

Man this is a sweet EMU. The GUI is a little awkward at first but it is growing on me and a real improvement to the plain old GUI of past versions.

Us 2.0+ users cant even change our settings without the damned thing crashing :(
The 2.0+ version needs to just be deleted and and the readme needs to be changed to 1.0-1.50 only, Cause this emu is pretty worthless on a 2.0+ system:(

Voltron
May 8th, 2006, 05:27
thats freaken it. Im downgradeing :mad:
Screw 2.0!!

I can relate to your pain bro. I was a die hard 2.0 user for the longest time. I made the switch and downgraded however and I will never upgrade past 1.50 again. And once you try the ME version of this EMU on 1.50 you'll be glad you downgraded.

Also, with the new DAX PAK & DAX Loader, most 2.00, 2.50, & 2.60 games can now be loaded on a 1.50 PSP.

The PSP is just amazing.

kidloak09
May 8th, 2006, 05:27
amen to that

kidloak09
May 8th, 2006, 05:29
if there was only a way to downgrade from 2.6

V3N0M
May 8th, 2006, 05:30
ya thats to bad but with time it will get better for 2.++ users or someone will come up with a downgrader. But at least you can have homebrew before as soon as you updated to 2.0 (me) you were screwed. Until a downgrader came out. With time and determination anything is possible.

V3N0M
May 8th, 2006, 05:32
I can relate to your pain bro. I was a die hard 2.0 user for the longest time. I made the switch and downgraded however and I will never upgrade past 1.50 again. And once you try the ME version of this EMU on 1.50 you'll be glad you downgraded.

Also, with the new DAX PAK & DAX Loader, most 2.00, 2.50, & 2.60 games can now be loaded on a 1.50 PSP.

The PSP is just amazing.

Really where can i get the DAX PAK & DAX Loader at?

jman420
May 8th, 2006, 05:33

Full Screen
333Mhz
Frameskip 0
Smoothing - Yes
Vsync - No
Render PAL as NTSC - YES
Show FPS - YES

the only difference in setup you have is smoothing and Vsync,
it doesent mater if you can play it, I cant.. so there is a flaw in the programming that possably your PSP is overriding, there is no reason why 1 out of 200 million PSP's (mine) would have this issue, its just an error somewhere in the programming, and even with the different settings, it should work anyway, I simply posted this as a bug warning, not so much asking for people to tell me if they can get it to work...

I have a 1.5F/w psp,
333mhz,
frameskip 0
smoothing no
engine, (same as above)
Vsync yes
render PAL as NTSC no, (it has no real effect unless your playing europian or japanese games)
and show FPS, no

V3N0M
May 8th, 2006, 05:35
the only difference in setup you have is smoothing and Vsync,
it doesent mater if you can play it, I cant.. so there is a flaw in the programming that possably your PSP is overriding, there is no reason why 1 out of 200 million PSP's (mine) would have this issue, its just an error somewhere in the programming, and even with the different settings, it should work anyway, I simply posted this as a bug warning, not so much asking for people to tell me if they can get it to work...

I have a 1.5F/w psp,
333mhz,
frameskip 0
smoothing no
engine, (same as above)
Vsync yes

Or its your Rom. Try another one.
render PAL as NTSC no, (it has no real effect unless your playing europian or japanese games)
and show FPS, no

Or its your Rom. Try another one.

shadowprophet
May 8th, 2006, 05:35
That just because this runs really shitty on 2.0+ systems, That we should still appreciate all the work the man has put into this, And be greatful for the, as i understand it. really freakin awsome emu he has created for 1.0 and 1.50 systems :rolleyes:

We, even us 2.0+ users really are greatful for you work bro :) keep it up :p

*BTW ive decided to downgrade to 1.50 and use the mph firmware launcher.
So if anyone has links to the downgrader and the firmware versions 1.50- 2.70 I would be greatful.
Also i need a good link to a nice psp web browser with flash support for 1.50 if anyone has any or al of this information, I would really apprciate it :)
Thanx SP

V3N0M
May 8th, 2006, 05:46
where can i get the DAX PAK & DAX Loader at? can it really load games requiring 2.6 on a 1.5?Does it load UMD's or iso's?

John Vattic
May 8th, 2006, 05:56
Hey Wraggster!
This isn't the stolen coded snes(possibly a bricker) is it?
This is the real yoyo-laxer3a release right?
Just very paranoid after reading yoyo's website was compromised.

Paiku
May 8th, 2006, 05:58
I acctually screamed out load in happiness when I saw this!

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

drock82
May 8th, 2006, 06:03
yoshi island runs excellent including mario kart:basically every game runs good except starfox my favorite-you just have to adjust the settings prior to playing the game u wanna play,overall best snes emulator out handsdown

V3N0M
May 8th, 2006, 06:06
Hey Wraggster!
This isn't the stolen coded snes(possibly a bricker) is it?
This is the real yoyo-laxer3a release right?
Just very paranoid after reading yoyo's website was compromised.

Yes i was worried about the same thing. Check his site and this is the real Snes 9x tyl 0.4.

John Vattic
May 8th, 2006, 06:12
Sigh of relief.

shadowprophet
May 8th, 2006, 06:13
Now the question I have is,
Where do i find a good browser for a 1.50 and
is there a good easy way to run all my actuell psp game on my 1.50.
I have socom and gta im worried about.

Illegal Machine
May 8th, 2006, 06:19

a. Yes of course there is and its an AWESOME browser too.. its calles Links2, and you can either use it through the latest version of PSPRadio as a plugin, or use the standalone version (which is much better but without the music stream in the bg which IS nice too)

2. If you would like to load ANY game you buy in stores then try to find the DAXZ .55 loader.
It plays every iso that works, or UMD for that matter

V3N0M
May 8th, 2006, 06:21

There's one web browser i know of that is for 1.5 its...Links1090. As for a way to run games requiring a higher than 2.0 FW i would like to know to a way to.

shadowprophet
May 8th, 2006, 06:21
a. Yes of course there is and its an AWESOME browser too.. its calles Links2, and you can either use it through the latest version of PSPRadio as a plugin, or use the standalone version (which is much better but without the music stream in the bg which IS nice too)

2. If you would like to load ANY game you buy in stores then try to find the DAXZ .55 loader.

You are a life saver bro :cool:

jman420
May 8th, 2006, 06:22
also there was MPH's GTA UMD loader, that works, all you need is the files from the DATA.PSAR file, and you can load any 2.0 required game, like GTA...

jwilds73
May 8th, 2006, 06:23
The progress of the ME emulator is amazing I just tested it alittle and wow. As the previous poster said just some minor tweaks with the tougher games like Starfox and your flying.

V3N0M
May 8th, 2006, 06:36

Where can i get this? DAXZ .55 loader

shadowprophet
May 8th, 2006, 06:38
Where can i get this? DAXZ .55 loader

I cant find it anywhere, :(
Not even on kazaa :(

Voltron
May 8th, 2006, 06:49
Ok guys, you asked for it. This is really amazing stuff.

I hope I don't get in trouble. This is so my fellow PSPers can load their legally owned UMD's or back them up as ISO's and compress them with DAX.

DAX PAK (http://mphwebsite.tuxfamily.org/punBB/viewtopic.php?id=1332)

DAX Compatibility list and load methods (http://http://www.ps2nfo.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9271) (Very Helpful)

This is great stuff. I was intimidated and scared by all of the loaders until I found this. This has them all built into 1 simple loader. I'm playing Lemmings, Gradius Portable, Siphon Filter, Worms, Generation of Chaos, Ys Ark of Napishtim, and much more on my 1.50 PSP. DAX Compression is amazing on some games. FULL Lemmings game compressed to just about 150MB. Full Y's Ark of Napishtim Game compressed to just a little over 400MB. I own these games but play them in ISO because LOAD TIMES are horrible in games such as Y's and Midnight Club 3.

Hope this helps!

::EDIT::
Oh, also I should add that the NEW UMDGEN 3.01 (http://www.umdgen.com) is amazing because it has DAX Creator built in. So you can load your ISO into UMDGEN, strip it down to size if you want, then from within UMDGEN save it as a DAX ISO. I always use compression setting 9 to get maximum compression.

jman420
May 8th, 2006, 06:50
I thought MPH had different loaders, like his GTA on 1.5 loader, i thought he had other loaders done too

shadowprophet
May 8th, 2006, 06:51
I will take the fall for you, if you get into trouble for this bro, Thank you,
ANd seeing as its only a link to a loader to help us loade our (offical ) games,
I dont see it as rule breaking :o

*interesting, I tried to rep you twice and got this little number here:p

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Voltron again.:cool:
Oh well im gonna come back later and rep you again bro lol

Voltron
May 8th, 2006, 07:02
I thought MPH had different loaders, like his GTA on 1.5 loader, i thought he had other loaders done too

Nope, MPH just had the one. And he has stopped development on it and released the source. The main loaders are UMDEmulator, MPHGL, & RunUMD. RunUMD has finally been proven to NOT WRITE TO FLASH and be totally safe. I use it all the time to load games like Ys, Lemmings, etc.

What's cool about the DAX Loader is that it has every single loader BUILT IN. You select which load method you want and then select the game and you are good to go. Its also cool that you don't HAVE to compress games to DAX. It will load regular ISO's & DAXZISO's. You can also load a UMD.

Say you have a 1.50 PSP and buy the Ys Ark of Napishtim UMD. It won't load and will tell you to upgrade to 2.50. Screw that. Put the UMD in your PSP, fire up DAX Loader, select the proper RunUMD load method then have the loader load inserted UMD. You have now overcome Sony's BS firmware scam.

V3N0M
May 8th, 2006, 07:15
Voltron thank you, i have been trying to figure a way to get around the stupid Update or else on stupid UMD's and if you need any help with anything i am here to help.

Oh does Daxter load (UMD)?

V3N0M
May 8th, 2006, 07:31
i tried to give you rep but got the error page? wonder why.

felonyr301
May 8th, 2006, 07:33
im loving this emulator and im using the me version but i cant tell if its faster than .3 me or even .2c on mario world 2 ????

shadowprophet
May 8th, 2006, 07:33
And it woudlnt allow me either:o

Maybe were just not popular enough to rep him lol :p

V3N0M
May 8th, 2006, 07:35
And it woudlnt allow me either:o

Maybe were just not popular enough to rep him lol :p

Thats your reason. Not me lol.

tophead420
May 8th, 2006, 07:36
omfg this emu is awsome i f n iuv the menu nad thank alot this is sooo cool

shadowprophet
May 8th, 2006, 07:37
Thats your reason. Not me lol.

Im assumeing tho if somone has more rep points then the person trying to rep them then its not possible.

V3N0M
May 8th, 2006, 07:40
Im assumeing tho if somone has more rep points then the person trying to rep them then its not possible.

I don't think thats it.lol
I can't get daxter to load BTW its a UMD. and the update requirement is 2.6.

V3N0M
May 8th, 2006, 07:43
How do you get UMD's to load or does it take a long time?

Voltron
May 8th, 2006, 07:50
Hey Guys, not sure about the rep system either. No biggie. The fact that you appreciate the help is thanks enough.

I spent many sleepless nights, migraine headaches, depression (LOL), endless frustration, an insurmountable time on trial & error, etc. etc. trying to figure out how to beat REQUIRED firmware updates. Unlike some people I actually think the PSP has a good deal of great commercial UMD games. I have been close many times to buying a 2nd PSP but time has proven victorious in the end and until games start requiring 2.70 firmware, 1.50 PSP owners can enjoy a ton of great games.

Its funny, I actually figured out a lot of this stuff just within the last 2 weeks and am still trying to figure some things out. It started by accident. I have had the Y's Ark of Napishtim game for a couple months and had not been able to play it or get the ISO to work. I had the Ys UMD in my PSP and had the NO UMD Lemmings patch on my memory stick which uses RunUMD and I accidentally selected the Lemmings Loader. All of a sudden I saw this weird loading screen that I'd never seen before and was like WTF? Sure enough it was my Y's Ark of Napishtim UMD FINALLY working after I'd given up.

Anyway, that set me in overdrive and now I'm playing most 2.50 & 2.60 games on a 1.50 PSP and loving it. I hope others experience the joy as well.... (With less turmoil as I experienced trying to figure it out)

Thanks again guys! And thanks to wraggster for the best PSP community website! And thanks to the TYL team for the BEST PSP Emulator.

V3N0M
May 8th, 2006, 07:56
Hey Guys, not sure about the rep system either. No biggie. The fact that you appreciate the help is thanks enough.

I spent many sleepless nights, migraine headaches, depression (LOL), endless frustration, an insurmountable time on trial & error, etc. etc. trying to figure out how to beat REQUIRED firmware updates. Unlike some people I actually think the PSP has a good deal of great commercial UMD games. I have been close many times to buying a 2nd PSP but time has proven victorious in the end and until games start requiring 2.70 firmware, 1.50 PSP owners can enjoy a ton of great games.

Its funny, I actually figured out a lot of this stuff just within the last 2 weeks and am still trying to figure some things out. It started by accident. I have had the Y's Ark of Napishtim game for a couple months and had not been able to play it or get the ISO to work. I had the Ys UMD in my PSP and had the NO UMD Lemmings patch on my memory stick which uses RunUMD and I accidentally selected the Lemmings Loader. All of a sudden I saw this weird loading screen that I'd never seen before and was like WTF? Sure enough it was my Y's Ark of Napishtim UMD FINALLY working after I'd given up.

Anyway, that set me in overdrive and now I'm playing most 2.50 & 2.60 games on a 1.50 PSP and loving it. I hope others experience the joy as well.... (With less turmoil as I experienced trying to figure it out)

Thanks again guys! And thanks to wraggster for the best PSP community website! And thanks to the TYL team for the BEST PSP Emulator.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

How do you get UMD's to load or does it take a long time? Daxter Requires a 2.6 update can u tell me how to get this to work? Maby its the settings.

Voltron
May 8th, 2006, 07:59
I can't get daxter to load BTW its a UMD. and the update requirement is 2.6.

That's all part of the trial and error. Some games, and I think Daxter is one of them only work if you back them up to ISO.

I used Zanders shrinking guide on the MPH website forums to shrink the DAXTER game to just 799MB. Full game with all movies. Works perfect except you can't press HOME and return to the PSP menu when done playing. You need to power the PSP off.

Anyway, here are 2 more good guides to figure out what games will load using what method.

HOT 1.5 Working Games! (http://forums.psphacks.net/index.php/topic,13528.0.html)

Compatibility Chart (http://www.ps2nfo.com/psp.html)

Gotta run and play some Gradius Portable on my trusty 1.50 - Later!

::EDIT::
OH, I should also advise anyone with a 1.50 PSP to get a Sandisk 2GB Ultra II memory stick PRO Duo. This and the Sony Stamina battery are essential to getting the most out of the PSP.

shadowprophet
May 8th, 2006, 08:05
Umm i remember there was a program i needed to make al other homebrew sompatible with 1.50
by creating two boot directories,
Whats the name of it? i totaly need it :P

*whats the best way to load homebrew on a 1.50 psp ?

The_Ultimate_Eggman
May 8th, 2006, 08:08
Great program been waiting a long time. P,s thieving lousy *******s im sure I speak for eveyone whenI say hope it bricks your psp,but I doubt it wll.

xenotfw
May 8th, 2006, 08:14
Umm i remember there was a program i needed to make al other homebrew sompatible with 1.50
Sei PSP tool? / KXploit?

--

Thanks for yet another great release :)
Can't wait to try it when my psp is fully charged :D

shadowprophet
May 8th, 2006, 08:15
I wont forget all the help you guys have given me :cool:

V3N0M
May 8th, 2006, 08:21
ShadowProphet is u need help i would be glade to help you. look at the bottom of my comment.Peace.

Voltron
May 8th, 2006, 08:21

*whats the best way to load homebrew on a 1.50 psp ?

What I use and it has proved to be the best for me anyway is the latest version of PSP Brew. You just load the eboot with it and you can have it automatically hide corrupted icons, you can sort the order in which your homebrew shows up when navigating, you can even customize the icons, sounds, etc. and preview how it will look before you save it.

oreosmuggler
May 8th, 2006, 08:42
uuugggg why is tetris attack sooooooo unbelievably slow, depressing, very depressing

The_Ultimate_Eggman
May 8th, 2006, 08:57
Stoooopid question how do you get them rom list up during a game tried every key/pad combo I can think off and been thru the menus Help I feel like a noob :(.

cdrdj
May 8th, 2006, 09:01
I have been playing with Y32 this whole time. How does the speed of v.4 compare to y32 when personally optimized with a game( not the automatic settings ).

Should I switch over? I've been hearing that it's slow. Is it only slow in comparison to previous versions or slow in general? I don't have my psp right now so i can't test it out.

shadowprophet
May 8th, 2006, 09:10
I ran into kaiser in irc of all places :D
ANd he helped me gind a few extra things i needed. and now my psp is officaly 1.50 and pimped out :D :p

Thanx again for all your help guys :cool:

mr_nick666
May 8th, 2006, 09:52
This emulator ROCKS! :D
Just gotta wait for my damn lunch so I can play it! ;)

fnx
May 8th, 2006, 09:55
Woohoo! I just downgraded to 1.5 few weeks ago... Can't wait to test this emu out!

xenotfw
May 8th, 2006, 11:39
the speed of this emulator is just amazing :)
pretty much every game i've tried runs at fullspeed or damn close to it :D

shadow77
May 8th, 2006, 11:48
I have been playing with Y32 this whole time. How does the speed of v.4 compare to y32 when personally optimized with a game( not the automatic settings ).

Should I switch over? I've been hearing that it's slow. Is it only slow in comparison to previous versions or slow in general? I don't have my psp right now so i can't test it out.

personally, almost all games on the Y emu were unplayable for me.

I've been in the PSP scene from the very beginning and can say that the 0.4me release is more than 2X (maybe even 3X) the speed of Y's.

I think the people who say Y's is faster cannot tell the difference between 0 and 9 frameskip :o

btw Voltron you shouldn't need 2 frameskip for X3, try auto or 0 because I've beaten 4 of the robot masters and there wasnt a hint of slowdown in their levels.

mog
May 8th, 2006, 11:49
This emu is amazing (ME ver)... final fantasy 6 plays much better than on 0.3me, but there is a wierd problem with a random message box saying "3" appearing every few minutes... :(

Stoooopid question how do you get them rom list up during a game tried every key/pad combo I can think off and been thru the menus Help I feel like a noob :(.
Press L & R shoulder buttons... If you look on the menu it has shortcut keys in the bottom-right of screen. ;)

jaws365
May 8th, 2006, 12:00
KILLER-APP!!! Zelda, Streefighter 2, + + runs perfect. F-Zero is still slow, but that is understandable with amount of mode7, it runs pretty fast though.

Anyone know how to play 2 player? Does it work between 1.5 and 2.6?

Best!!!

CrazyRabbit
May 8th, 2006, 12:11
Good work! Thanx!

yamaneko
May 8th, 2006, 12:34
Yoshi Island ??? play fine ?

tedou
May 8th, 2006, 12:48
version 0.41 what's this please???

shadowprophet
May 8th, 2006, 13:26
I downgraded to1.5 And got a lot of help on where to find the programs I needed to allow a 1.50 psp to do everything a 2.0 can do and then some :D
(by the way thanx to everyone for all the advice and links :p )
But mostly I downgraded just to see why people say emus like this work better on a 1.5 when the program has the option for kernal mode.
And yeah. Theres no words to describe the difference between what 1.0 and 1.5 users are experiencing, compared to 2.0+
This emu is the bomb :cool:

Long live 1.5 homebrew :D

*btw not to go off topic, But i managed to get everything working great, right down to the last detale except one thing,
I got the links 2 web browser, and the psp radio version, Ive scanned and proded and all I ever get is connection refused.
How the hell do it get it to freaking work :confused:

tedou
May 8th, 2006, 13:34
bombbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb lol

sheng
May 8th, 2006, 14:34
>.> I started hate my 2.60 PSP..... I just can't get things to run the way they should with it.... I really need a downgrader........ I hope someone is working on one for all us 2.0+ users... T_T

mr_nick666
May 8th, 2006, 16:47
I soooo love my Jap 1.5 PSP and pity you 2.0+ chaps :o
Wasted the best part of a working day playing Mario Kart :D
This ROCKS!!! :p

Apoklepz
May 8th, 2006, 16:51
HAHAHAAAAAA!! Just in time too! I thought they were gonna put it out for mother's day...lol. Thanks again Team TYL! I couldn't enjoy my PSP entirely without your amazing work...You guys have always been super humble to this community and you all deserve the best in life...I'll donate as soon as I get my paycheck by the end of this week. BIG RESPECT coming from me on this one...I mean, who ever imagined we were gonna be playing adhoc portable SNES one day?? Just plain amazing guys. Thanks again!

The_Ultimate_Eggman
May 8th, 2006, 17:17
founf the beggar was well hidden lol thxs #125.ps hopefully another mame psp video for release this week with sound.

davecheese1971
May 8th, 2006, 17:33
This rocks! The best SNES yet!!!

Sharkey
May 8th, 2006, 18:21
This was nice to see.
The new interface took a little getting used to but I like it, and the random anime babe background. ;)

I noticed the me version plays a few of the games slow on my 1.5 but it may be because of my settings.

Is psp acceloration the fastest, it says it is not always on the emu but most f the games I tried played faster when I switched to that.

I don't really like giving it more than 1 frame skip either, what are some good settings?

felonyr301
May 8th, 2006, 19:23
well guys some games only play in iso when it comes to the loader and about this emu im playing yoshi island and it might be a lil improved... the settings i use is psp acce+accur soft mode and use frame skip 1 or 0 i dont like auto for this game and funny thing happen last night was while messing around with the settings the accur soft mode without the psp acceleration it was about a frame faster on one level but other than that i use psp+accur soft mode with frame skip 1 you should be good with that and im talking about the ME version guys so i dont know about the user mode one...

felonyr301
May 8th, 2006, 19:25
this just makes me wonder why shouldnt the n64 guys first start work on kernal mode for their emulators they might be able to achieve faster speeds in shorter time period and then after done with kernal then move to user mode to mess with it and get up to speed with the kernal mode...lol im getting impatient wanna play zelda 64 you know like that commercial its GOOD to go...

Illegal Machine
May 8th, 2006, 19:57
personally, almost all games on the Y emu were unplayable for me.

I've been in the PSP scene from the very beginning and can say that the 0.4me release is more than 2X (maybe even 3X) the speed of Y's.

I think the people who say Y's is faster cannot tell the difference between 0 and 9 frameskip :o

btw Voltron you shouldn't need 2 frameskip for X3, try auto or 0 because I've beaten 4 of the robot masters and there wasnt a hint of slowdown in their levels.

Ummmm... I've been using y32 untill last night when I saw this.. and let me tell you, while this IS better, y32 WAS the best untill last night.

and making insults about peoples intelligence by saying things like y32 users cant tell the difference between 0 and 9 frameskip is totally stupid. I always had FULL speed on any of the Y releases, with 1 or 2 frameskip, on ALL of my roms.... maybe you're just retarded or something?

I think YOU couldnt figure out the settings for y32, I think YOU can't tell the difference between 0 and 9 frameskip, and I think YOU need to realize that this emu might not even BE faster than y32, but it looks better.

WOW man, y32 is a masterpiece, this is a good emu, and I switched to it, but dude...

you're an idiot if you think this is 2 or 3 times faster or better.... maybe like 20% better, but NOT faster..

thanks dumbass

Illegal Machine
May 8th, 2006, 20:03
I downgraded to1.5 And got a lot of help on where to find the programs I needed to allow a 1.50 psp to do everything a 2.0 can do and then some :D
(by the way thanx to everyone for all the advice and links :p )
But mostly I downgraded just to see why people say emus like this work better on a 1.5 when the program has the option for kernal mode.
And yeah. Theres no words to describe the difference between what 1.0 and 1.5 users are experiencing, compared to 2.0+
This emu is the bomb :cool:

Long live 1.5 homebrew :D

*btw not to go off topic, But i managed to get everything working great, right down to the last detale except one thing,
I got the links 2 web browser, and the psp radio version, Ive scanned and proded and all I ever get is connection refused.
How the hell do it get it to freaking work :confused:

ok. well that actually took me a WHILE to figure out.

1. you need a wireless router. wep encrypted or otherwise.

2. you need to input your MAC address from your PSP into the settings for the router so it knows to allow the PSP to access the connection.

3. you need to find the wep key (if used) for that router and put it into the PSP when prompted.

4.no proxy server, use easy settings, and automatic everything for the setup.

that should help a little. Hope I didnt forget anything.....

Voltron
May 8th, 2006, 20:50
Is psp acceloration the fastest, it says it is not always on the emu but most f the games I tried played faster when I switched to that.

What I can't stand about PSP Accellerated mode is that it hides a lot of the graphics in tons of games. Contra 3 you can't see title screen logo, Zelda you can't see the map screen, etc. etc.

Does anyone know why this is? And is there a way to tweak the hack/debug settings to correct these sort of graphic glitches.

Also, does anyone know how I can get my ROMs to show up in alphabetical order? They were in order but then when I added a few more ROMS, the ones I just added are on the bottom. Not alphabetical order. I would like every ROM to always show up alphabetically if possible.

jman420
May 8th, 2006, 21:01
Ummmm... I've been using y32 untill last night when I saw this.. and let me tell you, while this IS better, y32 WAS the best untill last night.

and making insults about peoples intelligence by saying things like y32 users cant tell the difference between 0 and 9 frameskip is totally stupid. I always had FULL speed on any of the Y releases, with 1 or 2 frameskip, on ALL of my roms.... maybe you're just retarded or something?

I think YOU couldnt figure out the settings for y32, I think YOU can't tell the difference between 0 and 9 frameskip, and I think YOU need to realize that this emu might not even BE faster than y32, but it looks better.

WOW man, y32 is a masterpiece, this is a good emu, and I switched to it, but dude...

you're an idiot if you think this is 2 or 3 times faster or better.... maybe like 20% better, but NOT faster..

thanks dumbass

wow, that was the greatest closing statement I have ever seen on a forum post, I laughed pretty hard there lol.. :D

Pelnied
May 8th, 2006, 21:09
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: THE COOLIEST!!! has a really attractive menu ( the best emu one yet!) nice choice for background music! my snes9x .3 would not load the freaking sram you know what im sayin? but overall the best thanks for update!

metalspector
May 8th, 2006, 21:10
OMG you lost the source code!?!?!?!? Too bad , I'm really sorry for you.

*If anyone has the sorce code add [email protected] as a messenger contact to negotiate , I can give good money fo it*.

Cap'n 1time
May 8th, 2006, 21:41
OMG you lost the source code!?!?!?!? Too bad , I'm really sorry for you.

*If anyone has the sorce code add [email protected] as a messenger contact to negotiate , I can give good money fo it*.

... you can download the source code now from the site..
http://yoyofr92.free.fr/psp/snespsp.html

shadow77
May 8th, 2006, 22:08

thanks dumbass

when tyl 0.1 came out, it was already quite faster than y32, why do you think he stopped developing his emulator?

if y32 was so fast, and tyl 0.4 is only maringly faster, then yoyofr and laxer3a would've for sure built their emulator off Y's source a long time ago, which they did not. Y and tyl emus both use the same snes9x core

maybe it is the games you play but I'm telling you tyl 0.4 is close to 3x faster on the MMX games, DQ, FF, etc.

don't get me wrong, y32 is a great emu but its nowhere near as fast as tyl 0.4. most people will agree with me on this.

Cap'n 1time
May 8th, 2006, 22:10
I think the reason Y quit development was because he felt yoyofr and friends could do a better job... Thats just what I think I remember.

Pelnied
May 8th, 2006, 22:13
i dont want to sound like a critic but.. i found when i was playing Final Fantasy II (i tested all video hardwares) but some of the spells where messed up and when i attacked them the scratch, scratch thing was messed up. and to top it all off with they dies all of them got lines on them and only part of the monster dissapered

Apoklepz
May 8th, 2006, 22:23
It crashed into a blue screen when playing StarFox music for me....but the music sounded perfect though.

shadow77
May 8th, 2006, 22:40
I think the reason Y quit development was because he felt yoyofr and friends could do a better job... Thats just what I think I remember.

Yeah, he helped the tyl dev team a little after 0.1 released.

aries2k4
May 8th, 2006, 22:44
This emu is great. some games have some sound fx problems but the music sounds great on most games. love the adhoc, micromachines with my nephew broughtt back some memories,lol. great update and keep up the good work!!

acn010
May 8th, 2006, 22:50
ok, may i kill the people that stole the source codes, and ran away with it?
lol, nice emulator

Ottsider
May 8th, 2006, 22:54
How do I install this .rar file. All the uploaders I can find only read eboot .pbp

Please help :'(

SSaxdude
May 8th, 2006, 23:08
Wow, this emulator just got a ton better. Thank you so much.

Ottsider
May 8th, 2006, 23:49
Ok, I'm using PSP V 1.5.

To upload eboot files I'm using Sei PSP tool 0.5b

Extracted the SNES Emu V4. Has two files under version 1.5: SNES9xTYL and SNES9xTYL%

When using the eboot file from SNES9xTYL the Sei PSP tool locks up and doesn't load. If I use the eboot file from SNES9xTYL% it says its an invalid PBP file...

Anyone else having these problems, how can I get around this?

Please help ^^

cdrdj
May 9th, 2006, 00:03
How about in terms of reliability? forget speed for a moment then which is better, Y or ty?
I'm not really analytical so i don't really see a difference. It's like Mp3's and Flac, I could care less what i'm listening too, as long as i can listen to it.

Cap'n 1time
May 9th, 2006, 01:28
i really think you should all quit asking about Y's emu.. tyl is really just an evolved form of it.... tyl will be better in pretty much every aspect simply becasue more time has been spent on it and more is known about coding for the psp than was half a year ago.

mog
May 9th, 2006, 01:57
i dont want to sound like a critic but.. i found when i was playing Final Fantasy II (i tested all video hardwares) but some of the spells where messed up and when i attacked them the scratch, scratch thing was messed up. and to top it all off with they dies all of them got lines on them and only part of phe monster dissapered
I was just playing ff4, the us version like you (ff2).
I wanted to try and help you get it working better, because it's a great game.

The problem is though, I tried all the things you said: attacking with sword, watching monsters die, etc...
I went through changing every setting + the hack/debug menu...
But I couldn't even get the problems you are having!

You said about monsters have lines on them when they die...
But they fade away like that in the orriginal game anyway, but maybe it looks different on your screen.

Sorry i couldn't help. :o

EDIT: btw, i'm using the ME version but I didn't think that would make a difference.

Also - Does anyone know how to stop the message boxes that say "3" from randomly popping up and slowing game, in final fantasy 6?
It's annoying having [3] appear every couple of minutes, almost halt gameplay for 1 second, then carrying on.

Inu268
May 9th, 2006, 02:12
Ok, I'm using PSP V 1.5.

To upload eboot files I'm using Sei PSP tool 0.5b

Extracted the SNES Emu V4. Has two files under version 1.5: SNES9xTYL and SNES9xTYL%

When using the eboot file from SNES9xTYL the Sei PSP tool locks up and doesn't load. If I use the eboot file from SNES9xTYL% it says its an invalid PBP file...

Anyone else having these problems, how can I get around this?

Please help ^^
-_- don't use any tools, it is already ready to go...sei psp tool or any other are to used to turn 1.0 eboots into 1.5(making the % folder) if you already got one ready for 1.5 just copy the folder and folder% into your game folder.....

shadowprophet
May 9th, 2006, 02:14
I was just playing ff4, the us version like you (ff2).
I wanted to try and help you get it working better, because it's a great game.

The problem is though, I tried all the things you said: attacking with sword, watching monsters die, etc...
I went through changing every setting + the hack/debug menu...
But I couldn't even get the problems you are having!

You said about monsters have lines on them when they die...
But they fade away like that in the orriginal game anyway, but maybe it looks different on your screen.

Sorry i couldn't help. :o

EDIT: btw, i'm using the ME version but I didn't think that would make a difference.

Also - Does anyone know how to stop the message boxes that say "3" from randomly popping up and slowing game, in final fantasy 6?
It's annoying having [3] appear every couple of minutes, almost halt gameplay for 1 second, then carrying on.

That ff 2/4 and chrono trigger are tied for the best game ever made :)

Andraik
May 9th, 2006, 02:21
I have been waiting for this! I LOVE YOU GUYS HAHAHAHA....I'm sorry I just love homebrew that much...

BALL_SAC
May 9th, 2006, 02:32
ad-hoc doesnt work with 2 2.6 psp's

Andraik
May 9th, 2006, 03:00
Hey shadowprophet I have a 2.0 psp and I read that you downgraded do you think I should, Im just scared to...

Pelnied
May 9th, 2006, 03:05
ya im not using ME ill try tommorrow

shadowprophet
May 9th, 2006, 03:10
Hey shadowprophet I have a 2.0 psp and I read that you downgraded do you think I should, Im just scared to...

I do recomend it however, there are a few cons,
Mostly pros tho,
you will have trouble finding a good web browser on 1.50
So you may as well forget about web browsing :(

Other then that I recomend it highly.
And if you do decide, to downgrade
Pm me and I will step you through the entire process :cool:

*As far as any dangers, Its a lot less complicated then I though it would be.
The process is actully, tricking the psp into thinking its a 1.0 . and then upgradeing to 1.5 :cool:
Its pretty nice :p

Andraik
May 9th, 2006, 04:21
Wow, I did downgrade (it took less time then I expected) and am quite happy although my heart was pumping through out the entire process. I now cannot wait to try this emu and others that I couldn't before and lots more. one downfall (although minor) is the wallpaper, Im stuck with this bright green wallpaper lol but other than that, WOOT! thanks for the input.

Voltron
May 9th, 2006, 04:39
How about in terms of reliability? forget speed for a moment then which is better, Y or ty?

You know, YoYo stated on his forums that this release is not as stable as he had hoped but I played around with this EMU for quite some time now. Loaded many many different ROMS, tweaked settings, etc. Never any kind of crash.

The only thing I noticed is that sometimes when loading a savestate, the audio is messed up. This has only happened once on Zelda. All in all so far, a very reliable and stable release. I have not tried the adhoc network play yet. How is that going for people?

Voltron
May 9th, 2006, 04:45
Wow, I did downgrade (it took less time then I expected) and am quite happy although my heart was pumping through out the entire process. I now cannot wait to try this emu and others that I couldn't before and lots more. one downfall (although minor) is the wallpaper, Im stuck with this bright green wallpaper lol but other than that, WOOT! thanks for the input.

Welcome back to 1.50. I think the more and more 1.50 users their are, the better homebrew will get. 2.00+ homebrew can be built off of 1.50 homebrew to be compatible. But because their are more resources available to developers, 1.50 kicks ass and has so much potential. Don't let the low # fool you. 1.50 might as well be called 9.00 because it will continue to evolve and get better with time. When a new PSP hardware revision is released, people will still be playing their original 1.50 PSP's because of what they can do.

I also need to say that Fanjita & Ditlew (http://www.noobz.eu) are beyond amazing and deserve the utmost respect and credit. Although I downgraded from 2.00, there are others that don't have that luxury. But homebrew is still available and our community is larger than ever because of Fanjita & Ditlew's accomplishments.

shadowprophet
May 9th, 2006, 05:05
That the links 2 web browser works fine :)
It turns out my problem was I forgot to set up a network connection in my psp menu :o

Im such a dummie:o

holla2k
May 9th, 2006, 05:40
I dont want to look through every page. Do anyone know if kirby's superstar and tetris attack runs at full speed?

And about adhoc. Does each psp need to be 1.50?? There is only 1 other person near me with a psp and his is version 2.6 (I have 1.5)

Andraik
May 9th, 2006, 06:17
I dont want to look through every page. Do anyone know if kirby's superstar and tetris attack runs at full speed?

And about adhoc. Does each psp need to be 1.50?? There is only 1 other person near me with a psp and his is version 2.6 (I have 1.5)

I'm not sure with the adhoc but if you get this emulator stay with psp 1.5 because I had it on my 2.0 before I downgraded and it was crap but runs full speed on my 1.5.

acn010
May 9th, 2006, 06:29
he he, i played around,and its slow for the 2.0 psp's, i don't get it?
how can it be slow?why? and how?...
i already downgraded my psp to 1.5 (its actually fun messing the psp around), it went fast somehow.
played ultimate mortal kombat 3............... nice.......
;)

shadowprophet
May 9th, 2006, 06:42
he he, i played around,and its slow for the 2.0 psp's, i don't get it?
how can it be slow?why? and how?...
i already downgraded my psp to 1.5 (its actually fun messing the psp around), it went fast somehow.
played ultimate mortal kombat 3............... nice.......
;)

It seems there was a mode in older firmwares called kernal mode that allowed for a lot of homebrew type features to run form a mem stick. However sony soon patched kernal mode and the only way to run homebrew on 2.0+ psp is user mode. which is basicly crippled, compared to the awsomness that is kernal mode :D

vettacossx
May 9th, 2006, 09:48
<HR style="COLOR: #ccc" SIZE=1> <!-- / icon and title --><!-- message -->

thats how i felt the first time i downgraded a psp to cuz of the whloe 99% and shuts off....lol its enugh to cause a stroke!!! cant we fix that 1 %.....lmao

SmashinGit
May 9th, 2006, 10:26
This emulator is such an improvement on the last version. Rtype 3 runs excellent! And all you guys that downgraded, welcome back to the club :D .

fistikuffs
May 9th, 2006, 10:43
Thank you Thank you Thank You!!! :D Great Emu!!!

Voltron
May 9th, 2006, 14:45
Well, the one thing that is consistent on all of the almost 200 posts about this is that everyone is very happy with this release and giving it much praise.

This was not true on the 0.3 release. 0.3 was sort of a 50/50 -> I'd have to estimate that 0.4 has probably a 92/8 satisfaction ratio. Maybe higher.

Again, amazing work TYL.... Please keep this project alive and well. You have done it.

Stealth Kill
May 9th, 2006, 17:27
whats the different of

Snestyl 0.4 (non me)
and Snestyl 0.41?

the emu is very slow on 2.6 SnesTyl 0.3 is faster for 2.6 users.

kimbonious
May 9th, 2006, 18:19
Here are my results for those of you asking about 2.+ firmawares. I am running FW2.5, just some examples of what i can get the games to run at.
These are all with frameskip at AUTO, with no framkeskip the avereage is 25-35 fps. And all games tested with PSP accel. + approx. soft.

Mario RPG - 47fps
Aladin - 33fps
Caslevania IV - 52 fps
Contra III - 47 - 60 depending what's going on, 52 average.
Donkey Kong Country - 60 fps <Frameskip 3 r 4 is smoother>
Illusions of Gaia - 52
Mortal Kombat 3 - 33
Super Mario World - 60 yay
Secret of Mana - 50 - 60

again not all games i Hae but just to give those of you asking about how well it runs on 2.+. This is just an idea with a couple games.

These are what i got,
Happy Gaming

robdog112
May 9th, 2006, 20:50
Okay, i just had a horrible experience with this emulator.

First off, i was playing secret of mana, and i got so far. Now i was doing save states and they were working fine, and then i went into the options and messed around wtih stuff, and it said i could have menu music, and so i turned that on, which i thought was kind of cool. Then i continued playing, and when i tried to do a save state, it would not save correctly.... it would save almost instantly, but not update my save. and then when i tried to load that save back, it would say that it is not a correct snes freeze file.... well then i traced my problem back to that music issue, and turned off the menu music. Worked fine after that.

Ok, so I continue secret of mana, and then i save and start up mario all stars. Well, in mario all stars, I started messing with the graphics, like changing the filters and stuff. I set them back in the end tho, and they were defaulted after i got done messing with them....

However....

today i turn on my emu, and find that whenever i try to boot my secret of mana rom, or my mario all stars rom, they emu will freeze up and say "not a valid rom". Okay, so i reset my psp, try a few more times, and then eventually when i reset my psp, my memory stick could not be read.... AND I HAVE TO REFORMAT IT NOW!!! IT sucks cause i played secret of mana for like 3 - 4 hours total, and now all my work is gone!

Point being, The "glamour" settings which are added into this emu should not be messed with until a newer version comes out.... itll really mess you up in the end.

Robert

robdog112
May 9th, 2006, 20:52
oh , by the wya i am running it on 2.5 firmware via gta exploit.

Dont do it.

Robert

PS: emulator is great by the way, just dont messs with the settings too much.

Voltron
May 9th, 2006, 21:37
today i turn on my emu, and find that whenever i try to boot my secret of mana rom, or my mario all stars rom, they emu will freeze up and say "not a valid rom". Okay, so i reset my psp, try a few more times, and then eventually when i reset my psp, my memory stick could not be read.... AND I HAVE TO REFORMAT IT NOW!!! IT sucks cause i played secret of mana for like 3 - 4 hours total, and now all my work is gone!

WOW - That sucks. You had to completely reformat? Has anyone else had this happen to them? Anybody else have any sort of bugs?

I'm using 1.50 ME version and no major bugs found yet.

I just discovered that even MARIO KART & F-ZERO run almost PERFECT now. And I don't mean with AUTO frameskip. I'm talking frameskip set at just 1 or 2 so there is no noticable loss in playability.

Excellent! Excellent! Excellent!

indstr
May 9th, 2006, 21:37
The only thing I noticed is that sometimes when loading a savestate, the audio is messed up. This has only happened once on Zelda.

the way to fix this: go back to the menu, go to "load new rom", and look at the rom list. you will hear your music pop back in for a split second. then hit X to go back to the game, voila, sound is back. i guess it needs to reinitialize the ME engine or something?

pkmaximum
May 9th, 2006, 22:14
This emulator is great! I have to say my favority part though is the multiplayer support! :) playing super mario with my friends and secret of MANA rocks!! :) There is only one problem though you can't load state in multiplyaer this is a problem because we can't save our games in the same positition wich means our game will be out of sync when we start. Hopefully yoyo will get around this problem eventually.

P.S. 200 Posts !:)

alienwrkshp
May 10th, 2006, 02:50
yay

Voltron
May 10th, 2006, 05:28
the way to fix this: go back to the menu, go to "load new rom", and look at the rom list. you will hear your music pop back in for a split second. then hit X to go back to the game, voila, sound is back. i guess it needs to reinitialize the ME engine or something?

Thank you greatly for this little tip. This will help out a lot.

Voltron
May 10th, 2006, 05:35
If possible, can someone please try and see if Super Bomberman works via Multiplayer? That is one of the most fun multiplayer games on the SNES. I don't yet have a 2nd PSP to try out multiplayer.

Also, does anyone know about the possibility of setting up some sort of service similar to XBConnect where you connect the PSP to your PC and then using your PC's broadband internet connection to connect with PSP users all over to set up multiplayer matches with SNES games.

I would love to be a part of the creation of this service if it is possible.

If anyone knows anything about how or if this could be possible, please post.

cdrdj
May 10th, 2006, 06:03
THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THIS EMULATOR!!!

I've been sticking with Y since early teen versions and have stayed with 32 until now. I wan't impressed with tyl v1 so i didnt bother to try this out but, man, do i regret it now. It actually lets me play Secret of Mana 2( Sek De 3)!!! I've never been able to play it before because of the eng patched i installed on the rom wasn't showin up in Y but TYL is perfect!!! Even Starfox is playable even though still pretty slow.

BIGGEST HAPPY MOMENT... PLAYING STREET FIGHTER ALPHA 2 AT 56 FPS!!! Even at frameskip 9 Y couldnt get close to that.

AGAIN, THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!

PS.. Can someone explain auto framerate for me? I'm familiar with 1-9 since i've used mainly between 1-3 before but what does auto do? Make faster yet not choppy? Should it always be on unless game is choppy or slow?

Andraik
May 10th, 2006, 06:26
I'm a bit confuzed now..once I downgraded to 1.5 I was happy because the emulator runs AWESOME and I can now run more homebrew but am a bit bummed out. I'm not one for the BRIGHT green background and cannot find a way to change it to my own custom one, and am scared because I don't want to try everything then brick my psp. I hope the umd loader someone linked earlier works, and if it does then I shall be a more releaved, because I own like at least 2 games that require 2.0. AND I HATE THOSE DAMN CURRUPT FILES IN THE GAME LOADER MENU. I tried to download a couple applications to hide them but none of them worked. I'm sorry for my complaining, any help would be GREATLY appriciated. thx

shadowprophet
May 10th, 2006, 06:42
I'm a bit confuzed now..once I downgraded to 1.5 I was happy because the emulator runs AWESOME and I can now run more homebrew but am a bit bummed out. I'm not one for the BRIGHT green background and cannot find a way to change it to my own custom one, and am scared because I don't want to try everything then brick my psp. I hope the umd loader someone linked earlier works, and if it does then I shall be a more releaved, because I own like at least 2 games that require 2.0. AND I HATE THOSE DAMN CURRUPT FILES IN THE GAME LOADER MENU. I tried to download a couple applications to hide them but none of them worked. I'm sorry for my complaining, any help would be GREATLY appriciated. thx

This will chang your background by flashing it to any pic you want,
However i can not stress this enough.
READ THE README FILE;)

Pics have to be in bmp format and have to be a certain size,
Its all in the readme.
:cool:

Btw as I recall the file will ask for a password to be uncompressed

Its 1up
:cool:

And that UMD loader has been tested with both gta and socom and it works great :cool:

DrX
May 10th, 2006, 07:27
hey im ussing 2.6 here and all i can say is my experience with this was awfull first of im used to ussing the analog stick to access the menu but they changed it so that both the D pad and the analog over ride each other and to get into the menu u gota hold L + R which is alrite unless say i wanna play contra 3 cause then when i try to double gun like a real man i cant.... anyways found it weird how this new emu seemed to run slower than the previous one i have tyl.3 and it runs awesome i believe that now with the settings i got it runs so much better than uosnes ff3 works well so do somany games and i can have sound 2 and if i want real good framerate just drop the sound and its even better but with this new emu its like no matter what i do it just runs worse and worse the gui is really nice alil different but nice.... i guess what im trying to say is that everyone with a psp thats 1.5 loves it and anyone that has 2.0+ hates it so then why would u even bother releasing a version for 2.0+ if u know that u designed it to run for 1.5.... i guess this is as good as its gona get for 2.0+ users

mr_nick666
May 10th, 2006, 13:19
I feel so sorry for you 2.0+ users - you miss nearly all the good stuff! :(
I'll just get back to Mario Kart... (ahem) ;)

petersg
May 10th, 2006, 14:26
the game genie code and the PAR code can't work.
can anyone fix the PAR code to work?thanks :)

chris5
May 10th, 2006, 16:24
This emulator is excellent! Thank you yoyor and others for all your hard work, and I also want to thank shadowprophet for being a huge help in these forums also.
I have a quick question concerning Super Metroid. At the top of the screen there is a black bar that goes the whole length of the screen. Is this happening to everyone or is it just me?

I have a 1.5 fw psp and using the ME version of the emulator. I've tried a few different settings but the black bar is still there.

Apoklepz
May 10th, 2006, 20:57
A speed bug related to new core emulation in no sound mode....Hmmm...Who will play this with no sound?....I guess maybe if you're low on battery and want to squeeze more gaming time in there by clocking it to a low 222mhz...but then again you have to change the fps settings and other stuff...Best PSP Emulator yet! It's cool how they got the GUI to look and sound like the PSP interface, too. I still can't get a couple of games to play on this one though...I'll post them here to exchange comments on compatibility issues:

Turtles in Time - Goes to ERROR LOADING ROM screen
Spawn - Ditto
NBA Hangtime - Freezes in ME version of TYL0.4
Clock Tower[english translated] - ERROR LOADING ROM

**CRASHES ENCOUNTERED (tested only in TYL0.4 ME version)**

- When loading the emulator for the first time & selecting anything in any directory that's not a SNES ROM file.

- When browsing settings (with SPC music & 3D model interface both ON) and selecting RANDOMIZE BACKGROUND...
THIS ONE IS A VERY BAD CRASH...Not only does it automatically freeze & crash your PSP to turn off, when I turned it back on my customized EBOOT.PBP files for every homebrew got screwed up...Let me explain...The ICON0.PNG,PIC1.PNG & everything else except the PARAM.SFO gets corrupted by this crash...Yes, your homebrew still works, but they only show in the PSP menu as a white block with the description text beside it...This also messed up every .PNG & .BMP image file in the memory stick but the JPEGS were fine.

AGAIN...
**This crash happened on a 1.50 PSP with the ME version of TYL 0.4**

drukul
May 10th, 2006, 22:15
This app kick %$#. There issues regarding Super Mario RPG 1. At the start of the game it goes at a normal speed, but later its start to low sund and go slower. How could I get it to work better???

Voltron
May 10th, 2006, 23:11
I still can't get a couple of games to play on this one though...I'll post them here to exchange comments on compatibility issues:

Turtles in Time - Goes to ERROR LOADING ROM screen
Spawn - Ditto
NBA Hangtime - Freezes in ME version of TYL0.4
Clock Tower[english translated] - ERROR LOADING ROM

I am also using 1.50 0.4ME version. Turtles in Time loaded for me just fine. Plays great at a full 60FPS with 0 Frameskip. Maybe try a different ROM version.

Andraik
May 10th, 2006, 23:55
thank you shadowprophet I needed that, btw I upped your rep.

tsurumaru
May 11th, 2006, 00:48
Just gonna chip in with a couple of known bugs at the moment that are being looked into.

1.Cheat codes, compatibility with Snes9x PC codes being looked at.
2.Issue with PSPSDK and Eloader so that non me versions of 0.4 can't use 333mhz mode (222 and 266mhz are fine, swapping to 333mhz actually runs the game at 222mhz[but shows 333mhz]).

Voltron
May 11th, 2006, 01:01
Ok, this may seem like a very stupid question to some. Others may also be curious about this same thing. If anyone could help I'd appreciate it.

The question is that many ROMS have different identifying letters, symbols, #'s, etc. in parenthesis.

Now I know that (U) means the game is the US version and (J) means it is a Japanese Game. And (E) means the game is from Europe.

However, I never understood what the different version #'s mean. Here are some expamples.

Final Fantasy 2 (V1.0) (U)
Final Fantasy 2 (V1.1) (U)
Final Fantasy 3 (V1.0) (U)
Final Fantasy 3 (V1.1) (U) [!]

1. What is the difference between a V1.0 & a V1.1???

2. What the heck does [!] mean?

3. Some show [h1]

I have both Final Fantasy 2 ROMS listed above. Version 1.1 did not work correctly. Monster sprites were corrupted and game did not display correctly then crashed. But then version 1.0 of the game seems to work fine....

I have always wanted to know what these mean. If anyone could post what they mean I'd sure be thankful.

Happy Gaming!

DaGamer
May 11th, 2006, 01:22
Thank you yoyofr!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
lol sry bout the !s im just very happy that you released such nice emulator!

Andraik
May 11th, 2006, 02:07
I get confuzed with the rom names too, and it gets very annoying picking from like 50 different versions of the rom to see which one will work.

Stu-Pid
May 11th, 2006, 14:57
Has anyone had any success at getting NHL 98 (or even NHL 97) to work on the ME version on v1.5 firmware? I've tried a couple of different versions of the ROM and they both just go to a black screen. I haven't had any problems with 20+ other ROMS. Was this something to do with EA copy protection?

Other than that though it's a cracking emulator and it's great to be able to play Mario Kart at almost 100% with frameskip set to 1. Thanks! :)

Galiano
May 11th, 2006, 15:56
If possible, can someone please try and see if Super Bomberman works via Multiplayer? That is one of the most fun multiplayer games on the SNES. I don't yet have a 2nd PSP to try out multiplayer.

Also, does anyone know about the possibility of setting up some sort of service similar to XBConnect where you connect the PSP to your PC and then using your PC's broadband internet connection to connect with PSP users all over to set up multiplayer matches with SNES games.

I would love to be a part of the creation of this service if it is possible.

If anyone knows anything about how or if this could be possible, please post.

super bomberman works fine 2 player. I've also noticed something else sometimes when i've been playing wifi ( quake, snes9xTYL 4 and sms 1.2 ) when i turn off my machine ( jap 2.0) it won't recharge, i plug it in and no charge light, i have to take the battery out and put it back in!! Anyone know what this is about?

tsurumaru
May 11th, 2006, 18:26
Another quick update, with regards to the non me version 0.4.1 the cause of the CPU bug seems to have been narrowed down. If you change your Eloader version from 0.9.7 to 0.9.6 you will be able to access a working 333Mhz mode (and therefore faster speeds), unfortunately though as you will probably realise eloader 0.9.6 doesn't support Wifi and has some other known bugs.

Wikipedia had the following on ROM naming conventions:

ROM naming schemes

Most ROMs will have a some information about the ROM in the file name. The following are naming codes that are generally accepted around the Internet. Some of these tags can be used in conjunction with a number to denote that there's more than one version with the same code. Example: There may be two copies of a ROM that were overdumped, so they will be appended with [o1] and [o2] accordingly.
Code Meaning
[!] Verified good dump
[a] Alternate to the original dump, often done by another dumping group
[b] Bad Dump of a rom that probably doesn't work properly
[C] Complete
[cr] Cracked
[f] Fixed to run better on emulators or bug fixed
[h] Hack of a rom that has possibly an intro added or graphics changed
[o] Overdump of a rom which has too much space allocated for it making it too big
[p] Pirate rom released without consent or stolen from the original dumping group
[PD] ROM is in the public domain
[t] Trained rom that has a small bit of code that lets you cheat in the game
[T]\[tr] Translation of a rom from one language to another
(-) Unknown year
(M#) Multilanguage (# of languages)
(###) Checksum
(**k) ROM Size
ZZZ_ Unclassified
(Unl) Unlicensed
(-) Unknown Year

Andraik
May 12th, 2006, 06:32
Thanks tsurumaru! :)

tophead420
May 12th, 2006, 07:02
does ad hoc work on 2.6 n if so how

jman420
May 13th, 2006, 03:26
my problem with tyl .4 is I cant play my rom of Final Fantasy Mystic Quest, I had posted before about how after the opening screen it freezes up and displays a blue box saying [5] and it wont load, I got around that by loading a save state, but I cant even access the menu to heal on this emulator for the same reason, it freezes up and displays a blue box with [5] in it, and its realy annoying...

can anyone explain this crap to me?? why my game would be messing up for any usage.. its realy getting on my nerves, every time I play it it has frozen up, and of course, you cant heal very well in battle with the volcano boss..

if anyone has the answer to my problems, thanks,
Jman420

mastersho
May 14th, 2006, 06:32
Question, why does v02c run faster than V0.03?

mr_nick666
May 14th, 2006, 18:25
Have I mentioned recently how much this emulator ROCKS! :D

Voltron
May 14th, 2006, 18:51
Yes I must reiterate that also. People might get lost in the 200+ posts.

This Emulator is phenomenal work! Amazing! - - - For 1.50 firmware anyway.........

cdrdj
May 15th, 2006, 04:27
I was wondering, is it really hard to make an emulator or app that has two versions: one for 1.5 and one for eloader?

Aruzo
May 16th, 2006, 23:06
Why do i keep getting Cannot Allocate Memory,Cannot Init Snes, Memory Unit.

Murdock
May 18th, 2006, 09:32
Hi!

ur Emulator is awesome! (I know, alot of ppl already said this, but here is my statement anyways :))

BUT: I tested the following games:

super Ghouls 'N' Ghosts

Super Mario World

Super Mario Kart

Streetfighter Alpha 2 (Ithink it was)

Mortal Combat 2

Star fox (1 + Weekend)

The first 3 work VERY well!

BUT:

Mortal Combat always showas a "5" inside a blue frame and it plays not fluidly, to be honest VERY slowly

Starfox worx w/o any fauts I think, BUT runs VERY slow too ...

Streetfighter Alpha 2 worx w/o faults, too BUT also pretty slow .

-> Don't get me wrong, I appreciate ur work ALOT and I don't want to criticise u in any form. I just wanted to tell u this as u might work with these not that much played oms to try to improve the Emulator more and more until it is PERFECT (to which it pretty much got since the latest releases! :D )

Again, thx for this very good emulator!

Gr33tz!

Respectful,

H. M. Murdock

skycrapten
May 18th, 2006, 14:40
I have version 2.6 and it tells me my battery is low. My battery is not low at all. It is at 90% and it will not allow me to save at all. Is there a fix for this?

M!ckeY
May 18th, 2006, 20:43
yes, this emu is very fast

AlinayG
May 18th, 2006, 21:38
Well, i must say that this is a very nice update, nice job.

but i'm haveing a few problems, i run on FW2.6 ( yes i know it suxs :< )

1. when i press R+L then then go exit the Emu, my psp just freezes up and i cant press anything and i have to hard reboot it.

2. When iam playing some games ( streetfigheralph2 ) when i fishing beating someone, my psp just freezes again :X but i can still press R+L but it takes along time to get the menu back up.

3.humm....i guess there is no 3, but i might find one :X

and again, very very nice emu ;p

( god dam it i want FW1.5 !!!!!! )

holla2k
May 19th, 2006, 07:53
Well the only game that i want to play still runs very slow. Thats kirby's superstar(I have 1.5 psp). But this is a great emulator!!

fucht017
May 19th, 2006, 10:22
I Stil have problems when i save a game......When i save a game, and then used that saved game, the sound disappeared and sometimes the music disappear to!...but what a lovely EMU tanx a lot;)

fls_27
May 19th, 2006, 18:51
Wow... with all these comments on how great the emulator is... I would think that more people donated.

hippiestevie
May 20th, 2006, 05:46
can't wait til you guys are able to get this running at max speed. AWESOME WORK!

mario64
May 20th, 2006, 16:17
Just a quick note that ever since version 2 of this great emulator mario world as had a few problems, in version 3 when you came to fight the end of level boss the screen froze and game ended, in version 4.2 when you fight bosses the walls don't appear ( at least you can still play the game). also when you save your game using the save states and reload the state later there is no in game sound. I have just brought this to your attention in case this could be fixed, if it can't that's cool because it's still a great emulator.

drock82
May 23rd, 2006, 17:22
i keep getting getting random crashes and im using1.5 with the media engine emulator what gives?:(

Cooe14
May 23rd, 2006, 20:06
Are using 4.2?

Ellio
May 24th, 2006, 00:53
Finally...Super Mario RPG with proper graphics, speed and sound... i played it for the first time today in all it's greatness since back in 1992

hobogeorge85
May 26th, 2006, 17:43
Non of the pro action replay codes/game genie codes are working. I used a previous emulator and they took fine on that one. Is there something special you have to do with this one?

hoodiejuggalo
May 30th, 2006, 06:01
Not sure if this has been mentioned or not, but when playing Super Mario Bros. 3, not all the sounds work and, from what I can tell, all underwater levels just display a solid blue sea, you cannot see anything but that. I have not tried this version of this emulator on any other Super Mario Bros. games, but I have tried it on Super Metroid, Zelda, and Mortal Kombat and all was well. Let me know if anymore information is needed. I'm running the 4.2me emulator btw. Oh yeah, these issues with Mario also did not occur with any of the previous versions either.

MainEvent.
May 31st, 2006, 23:09
I kinda need help how do i ge tit on my psp?

eiyosus
June 1st, 2006, 03:38
Things are looking good! There's two problems I'm running into with this version. First, when I try to play FF3 I keep getting a blue box with the number 3 over and over again. It's pretty much rendered the game unplayable. Second, If I load a previously saved state, there is no sound. This wasn't a problem when I was playing the same version the other day, but now it always happens. I haven't changed any settings, but I did experiment with the sound frequency and output, but I put everything back to the way it was. I don't know what's going on. Anybody else having these problems?

tophead420
June 1st, 2006, 08:32
k wasnt there a 4.2 release fixing the lock up when exiting this emu if so where the h*** is it i cant find it ne where

Mugen84
June 2nd, 2006, 01:29
I do recomend it however, there are a few cons,
Mostly pros tho,
you will have trouble finding a good web browser on 1.50
So you may as well forget about web browsing :(

Other then that I recomend it highly.
And if you do decide, to downgrade
Pm me and I will step you through the entire process :cool:

*As far as any dangers, Its a lot less complicated then I though it would be.
The process is actully, tricking the psp into thinking its a 1.0 . and then upgradeing to 1.5 :cool:
Its pretty nice :p
can anybody step by step a noob through the process of putting this on a 2.00+ psp? or if not step by step on downgrading? any help would be appreciated...

shadowprophet
June 2nd, 2006, 01:40
can anybody step by step a noob through the process of putting this on a 2.00+ psp? or if not step by step on downgrading? any help would be appreciated...
Follow this guide. It is a step by step guide made by a friend of mine and also the same guide I used to downgrade my psp:p
http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=11365

V3N0M
June 2nd, 2006, 01:46
Vetta and i made are own guide for homebrew for every firmware except 2.7. With links to other great guides to Kaiser's and many others. You can email me if you want one. Completely made for noobs lol and anyone who is stuck on something.

I can post it on this thread if i can. Only if anyone wants it.

Mugen84
June 2nd, 2006, 05:42
sure... i wouldn't mind seeing that... and thanks alot to shadowprophet...

k0pp0
June 2nd, 2006, 10:46
:confused:
Hi. Does anyone know if a new version of this emu has been released that allows using L+R and another key.

For instance, there's a section in Chrono Trigger that requries you to press L, R and A together. This currently doesn't work (I've changed the default key setup to allow Ltrg+Rtrg).

I'm so impressed by this emu. I've spent more time on this than anything else on my PSP so far.. Keep up the good work!!

r2works
June 6th, 2006, 19:15
whats up with the sleep mode for this EMU? Is it suppose to leave the PSP on?

phantom6274
June 6th, 2006, 21:17
Great emulator, but some games have a LOT of lag.

mavsman4457
June 6th, 2006, 22:00
i tried using the text reader and reading a faq but it would not work. any help?

ukrdigerati
June 22nd, 2006, 21:03
I've been trying to relive the great RPG days on my PSP by using this supposed best snes EMU. every RPG ive tried freezes like 10 minutes into the game! like SECRET OF EVERMORE... freezing in the first few minutes when you approach a bush, its supposed to shake but instead freezes. ive played past this point on the PC SNES EMU so i know its not the ROM itself. ive toyed with all the settings but i cant seem to figure out what it is. also, FF3, secret of mana and Chrono trigger also freeze at a certain point early in the game.. ANY IDEAS? thanks in advance.

cartmandude14
June 22nd, 2006, 21:20
when i try it on my 2.6 with the gta exploit the screen locks up and goes white and won't come off!!

stotheamuel
June 22nd, 2006, 21:29
there's a newer version out

http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=26027&highlight=snes9x

cartmandude14
June 22nd, 2006, 21:37
that's the one i had

ukrdigerati
June 22nd, 2006, 21:49
no, this problem just locks the screen. doesnt change colors or anything. ive noticed its a scene where something quick happens, bush shakes or a sprite is shook on the screen, like in FF3 in the beginning when u get surrounded by guards the person getting surrounded jumps up and down...

cartmandude14
June 22nd, 2006, 22:26
no. when i start up the emu this happens and no menu or anything comes up.

tsurumaru
June 23rd, 2006, 00:52
no. when i start up the emu this happens and no menu or anything comes up.

This is because there is a weird bug with the TYL intro to do with whether certain other GTA save slots are used or not. You can fix this by either deleting your other GTA save slots or (possibly more preferably) downloading an introless version of 0.4.2:

http://rapidshare.de/files/20485226/snes9xtyl_0.4.2_minusintro.zip.html

Good luck.

Ah yeah just so you know I'm not BSing or giving you bad links here's the link to the original thread on the TYL forums:

http://yoyofr.proboards44.com/index.cgi?board=snes9xtyl&action=display&thread=1150386654

cartmandude14
June 23rd, 2006, 03:11
cool! hope this works. and runs a little faster than 0.4.0!

cartmandude14
June 23rd, 2006, 03:18
it works... thnx!!

tsurumaru
June 23rd, 2006, 10:38
it works... thnx!!

You're welcome ;).

steven_chi
June 23rd, 2006, 19:29
thanks! i hope you will work on some other emu in the future! thank you and i love the speed