PDA

View Full Version : Sonic CD?

skorpion
May 7th, 2006, 23:56
I dunno if it's possible, but Sonic CD is one of th best Sonic games ever(and th only reason to ever buy a Sega CD) I have a computer version of it which might make th process easier...I jus want an opinion if it's possible.

infernomax
May 8th, 2006, 00:56
If its possible to what? Port to PSP? The answer is NO there is no source code availible, but if someone makes a SEGA CD emulater then you can play it

skorpion
May 8th, 2006, 01:28
If its possible to what? Port to PSP? The answer is NO there is no source code availible, but if someone makes a SEGA CD emulater then you can play it

Oh, but what about that guy Brunni, he had somn that looked like a level from Sonic CD in his GBA emulator...it jus made me wonder....is anyone working on a Sega CD emulator?

infernomax
May 8th, 2006, 01:31
Oh, but what about that guy Brunni, he had somn that looked like a level from Sonic CD in his GBA emulator...it jus made me wonder....is anyone working on a Sega CD emulator?

im not sure, Im sure it would be possible... you could start yourself ... www.psp-programming.com has some great tutorials :cool:

IndianCheese
May 16th, 2006, 04:42
It seems very possible; Sega CD was an add-on to Genesis, so that means the game execution itself would be exactly the same. The only hard thing would be decoding the awesome real-audio. That would take up a lot of memory.

Darksaviour69
May 16th, 2006, 11:10
mega cd emulation is very hard, and mostly never going to happen on the psp, or any other current gen consoles.

Cap'n 1time
May 16th, 2006, 15:32
mega cd emulation is very hard, and mostly never going to happen on the psp, or any other current gen consoles.

not even xbox?

Darksaviour69
May 16th, 2006, 15:50
hmm, well the mega cd has two M68ks, one Z80, two video chips, and two sound chips and on to of that you have the mega drive to emulate too. so thats alot of chips to emulate, but i guess if any console could do it it would be xbox

jrsmaster411
May 17th, 2006, 01:51
what about the 32x another genesis add on

BALL_SAC
May 17th, 2006, 02:29
I dont think it is possable for PSP... but who knows.

matt2k
May 18th, 2006, 16:31
A Mega Cd emulator has been out on the Xbox for a couple of years now. Actually its a Genesis/sega cd/32x emu. It can run real cds or you can use mp3s for the audio. You just need to get your box chipped. But there are so many other things you can do on it as well........however, this is a PSP forum...so I believe a sega/mega cd emu is possible. ;)

kingkillergrave
May 18th, 2006, 17:49
There is one for xbox, but it doesnt run perfect.

Cap'n 1time
May 18th, 2006, 18:30
yes, the xbox emu is called neogenesis or somthing like that.. Ive never tried it but i heard the sega cd portion is a bit unstable.
anyway comparing xbox to psp is like comparing apples to lettuce.