PDA

View Full Version : Do You Like Hardware Redesigns?

wraggster
September 4th, 2009, 16:27
Hey, Let's talk.

Here's how it works: We ask a question, you answer it. Simple and no strings attached! This isn't some marketing survey or whatever. It's an emotional investment in you. Yes, we're interested in knowing you, reader person.

You probably know oodles about us - more than you even want to, we're sure. But, hey, we'd like to know about you. That way you won't be some faceless blob - and we might feel a tinge of guilt when we ban ya. Or not, because really we're incapable of human emotion.

The PS3 Slim recently launched, which leads us to:

Source: Question: Do you like new hardware iterations?

kotaku.com (http://4a6f8fa8.linkbucks.com)

John Vattic
September 4th, 2009, 18:01
Yeah i just revised my console.

check it out here http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=2148257707#post2148257707

Psp go is something i will not buy.

Ps3 slim is nice except for the fact i just spent 400$ 2 months ago on the fat. (thanks sony you crotchmunchers)

nothing wrong with revisions if they benefit the consumer.

just my 2 cents

osgeld
September 4th, 2009, 18:23
Could not care any less about them, about the only one I thought was needed was the top loading NES.

Other than that they are often just a marketing gimmick with no real value to the end user except for price

And when there is extra value in the product (ie psp slim or go) its usually a kick in the crotch for everyone that previously bought the product (ie no skype or gps on psp phats).

ojdon
September 4th, 2009, 18:27
I've never really liked redesigns since if it's a console I like it'll be one that I already have (Megadrive Model 1, Original PS1/2, etc)

If a redesign brought some interesting new features then it would be a great idea, it's just I wouldn't buy it. But these days I only see redesigns as a way of making more money *Ahem* Sony... Since the new PSP Models have really brought next to nothing.

apex05
September 4th, 2009, 18:42
Ps3 slim's cheaper so that's fine, Psp 2000 smaller and lighter and Psp 3000 partly unhackable so again yes, but Psp go... No no no no no no no! even Apple can't match that level of greed.

mike_jmg
September 4th, 2009, 20:46
Only when I don't buy the previous one right before the new one comes out.

PSP slim was a much needed revision, everything went downhill from there.

PS3 slim looks nice, but I got a 60Gb model, wich has everything.

Some revisions weren't needed but some are good improvements, so about the original question, I think I'll go with yes, cause I have more to choose from.

kojiro7
September 5th, 2009, 02:22
i loved sega master system 2 and gameboy advance micro
and i love the nes redesigned clones ofcourse,much better than original nes :)

Eviltaco64
September 5th, 2009, 04:22
It depends, really. Usually, a few nice features are removed when consoles are redesigned which is a downfall.

Out of all the redesigns out there, I'd say the best are the top-loading NES 2, the much smaller PS2 Slim, the PSP Slim (with improved d-pad/speaker placement and double the ram), and the 2600 Jr. which was pretty small compared to the older models.