PDA

View Full Version : Portable VNC v1.2 working now for 2.5FW

zx-81
May 8th, 2006, 16:07
http://zx81.zx81.free.fr/images/pspvnc-v1.2.jpg

Hi All,

Here is a new version of portable VNC working with 2.5 FW.

What's new in this version :

+ Compile/Port on latest version of PSPSDK
+ Support >= 2.5 FW
+ Add Support for DHCP (works now with my wifi router)
+ Bug fix (exit hangs) on FW >= 2.5

My contribution on this app is minor (only code rewritting to fit new interface of PSPSDK,
and copy/paste wifi code from psp-ftpd).
I just wanted it to work on my PSP 2.5.

I've not tested it with 2.6, but it should work properly.

Portable VNC is distributed under GNU licence, and sources are provided with the archive.

Hope that helps, :)

Cheers, Zx.

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

Moning2
May 8th, 2006, 16:24
it works great on my 2.01 psp :D thanks for this :cool:

zx-81
May 8th, 2006, 16:39
Good to know, thanks for your feedback :)

wraggster
May 8th, 2006, 16:54
Wow your a PSP Coding Machine :). sure you dont want a site with forum ;)

DraconumPB
May 8th, 2006, 16:58
I should try this out.. I remember portable VNC was one of the first homebrews i ever tried, back in the stone ages of psp homebrew =p

of course, i never got it to work.. and I was really, really disappointed. Hopefully now I can try it...!

d3v1l
May 8th, 2006, 17:02
i have a 1.5 psp, so i wont try this one, but i got the old one to work and works really great, even when ur looking at a webcam in msn, it shows the cam on vnc, really nice! good to hear it works on 2.5 now too..

zx-81
May 8th, 2006, 17:04
Wow your a PSP Coding Machine :). sure you dont want a site with forum ;)

Many thanks Wraggster, you're too kind, but i've already my little blog and forum such as dcemu :D ...

it's just good enough :)

Moning2
May 8th, 2006, 17:05
could you also implement some way to alter the display quality ? its really fast but in grayscale it would go even faster :)

tophead420
May 8th, 2006, 17:08
eactly wut is this lol

One Eyed Newt
May 8th, 2006, 17:29
It lets you control your PC through you PSP

01cooperl
May 8th, 2006, 18:28
Hi, i am having problems connecting with my computer...

I have entered the IP address but there is a colon with "5900"... what does this represent?

I left it as that and the psp just hanged... then I set it to 0 and it said that there was an error.

Could someone please help me one this one! :S

zx-81
May 8th, 2006, 18:38
Hi,

5900 means the port on which your VNC server is listening. If you launch a VNCserver on your PC on display 0, then the port should be 5900, on display 1, it 's then 5901 etc ...

What you have to enter on the PSPVNC is the IP of your PC (let's say 192.168.1.10) and the port number on which your VNC server is listening (let's say 5900).

Cheers,

Zx

jaydoo
May 8th, 2006, 19:05
Very happy to see a new version of this app.

Having a problem though, it says:

Wifi load
Stopping Netlib
Exiting

I know the connection is fine as I use other homebrew like links browser, pspradio & pimpstreamer which all connect and work fine.

Any idea what the problem could be?

EDIT: should have said before that Im on FW 1.5.

Ive now set static IP and tried portablevnc 1.1 which is able to connect and function as before, 1.2 still gives same problem.

zx-81
May 8th, 2006, 19:41
Very happy to see a new version of this app.

Having a problem though, it says:

Wifi load
Stopping Netlib
Exiting

I've no idea ... :(

gotmilk0112
May 8th, 2006, 21:01
wow THATS KEWL!!!!! how many things can i control? like can i goto control panel, my computer ect.?

gotmilk0112
May 8th, 2006, 21:05
how do i get a server to listen? where do i get it.

zx-81
May 8th, 2006, 21:09
how do i get a server to listen? where do i get it.

http://www.tightvnc.com/ :)

automatic9362
May 8th, 2006, 21:29
Hi,
when i try to start PSPVNC i get:

No Static Connections Found. Please add one.

i use DHCP to connect to my router and i don't have any other static connections.
I thought DHCP was a feature of this relaese?

zx-81
May 8th, 2006, 21:39
Hi,
when i try to start PSPVNC i get:

No Static Connections Found. Please add one.

i use DHCP to connect to my router and i don't have any other static connections.
I thought DHCP was a feature of this relaese?

Yes i haven't change the error message. It's a bit strange because it means it hasn't found any configurated wifi connection. :eek:

automatic9362
May 8th, 2006, 22:47
Yes i haven't change the error message. It's a bit strange because it means it hasn't found any configurated wifi connection. :eek:

i deleted my wifi connection profile and made a new one (with same settings) and now it's working.

big thanks for your work :)

zx-81
May 8th, 2006, 23:00
for 1.5FW users please take the latest release i've just build (v1.2.1).

Fanjita
May 8th, 2006, 23:06

Probably the known bug with connection detection. Basically if you had a connection and added another one, then deleted the first, then the PSP numbers your remaining connection as #2. Most wifi apps tend to scan for connections by looking for connections from #1 +, until it finds a connection slot that is unoccupied. If your only connection is #2 (or above), then it never finds it.

See http://forums.ps2dev.org/viewtopic.php?t=5349 for more details.

BTW : fantastic release zx, I'm always impressed with your releases. Let me know if there's ever anything I can help you out with.

zx-81
May 8th, 2006, 23:13
Probably the known bug with connection detection. Basically if you had a connection and added another one, then deleted the first, then the PSP numbers your remaining connection as #2. Most wifi apps tend to scan for connections by looking for connections from #1 +, until it finds a connection slot that is unoccupied. If your only connection is #2 (or above), then it never finds it.

See http://forums.ps2dev.org/viewtopic.php?t=5349 for more details.

Thanks for the hint, i will read this carefully :cool:

BTW : fantastic release zx, I'm always impressed with your releases. Let me know if there's ever anything I can help you out with.

Geegenflaben
May 8th, 2007, 19:12
yeah, i haven't found anywhere else to ask this, but i keep on getting an error message when i attempt to connect to my computer....can anybody help me figure out this error message, or point me out to somewhere that can? Help is greatly appreciated

NoQuarter
May 8th, 2007, 19:37
What firmware are you using?

This is the tut I used last year:

http://www.i-hacked.com/content/view/195/62/

I'm pretty sure there are newer versions of this,maybe you should look for the latest version.