PDA

View Full Version : UMD Identifier v0.1

wraggster
May 8th, 2006, 19:15
HarleyG (http://hg.nixlabs.net/) has released this new app: (although im not sure of its use but heres the info)

UMD Identifier v0.1 by harleyg - http://www.linuxlabs.co.uk
-----------------------------------------------------------
Ok, so this is the 1st program ive released, all it does it look through a giant array of UMD ID's/codes and compairs yours to everyone in the array, if it finds a matching pair it will look through and find the name of it in a second array.

This is confirmed to work by myself on 1.50, i havnt tested on any other firmwares so please let me know... Oh, this isnt released under any license, however if you use this it would be nice to get a little credit...

chow.

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

Accordion
May 8th, 2006, 19:24
maybe im overlooking something here but if you put a umd in your psp you will definately know what umd it is
the XMB does this already

sorry, i guess you are just finding out about coding for the psp and its functions

Poem58
May 8th, 2006, 20:52
What's next an app to tell you you are playing a PSP not a DS? :D

felonyr301
May 8th, 2006, 21:11
hey cut him some slack its his first homebrew app question is are you doing anything NO lol

pkmusicmaker
May 8th, 2006, 22:24
it's not useful, but i'm sure it took a lot of work nonetheless, good job.

acn010
May 8th, 2006, 23:00
lol.
I love coloring

philage
May 8th, 2006, 23:57
Nice, who knows what this may end up doing, or what project the author will attempt next. Keep up the good work.

mog
May 9th, 2006, 00:35
I can see a couple of good uses for this like for creating an app that behaves differently depending on what umd is inserted...

But what I would really like to see is a comprehensive list of every UMD game/movie, detailed with title, id code, country, version, & FIRMWARE (minimum version needed).
The big reason I would like to have list like this, is because at the moment you often can't tell what firmware is needed without hours of forum searching or just buying it. :(

Now if this program could be made to detect these details from each umd the user inserts, the data could then be uploaded by psp web browser, and collected in a remote database.
Then the database contents could be displayed on a website, viewable on a psp, to check whether umd's will work on their psp without updating!

If something like that was ever implemented, that would rule!
No more buying wrong umds that don't work with current firmware. :cool:

Is this a good idea, or is there a better use for this?

vettacossx
May 9th, 2006, 10:18
are there apps you r making to accompany this???

MadMonkee
May 9th, 2006, 14:13
I think a combination of Pimp Streamer, File Assistant ++, and PSPRadio would kick horse ass.