PDA

View Full Version : Custom Firmware 5.50 GEN-B2 Released

wraggster
September 6th, 2009, 20:56
News via pspita (http://www.psp-ita.com/?module=news&id=30758&view_reply=1)/pspgen (http://www.pspgen.com/custom-firmware-5-50gen-b2-actualite-189473.html)

After a long period of absence from the scene, GENyUS back with the update bugfix 5.50GEN-B2 to be applied to his Custom Firmware 5.50GEN-B. The update solves some compatibility problems with those as the Recovery Flasher homebrew essential to Hellcat and the like.

Installation Notes:

Quote:
Note: The update is to be installed directly on 5.50GEN CF-B.

If your PSP mounts the CF5.00M33, updated the first 5.50GEN-A,-B and then to 5.50GEN finally installed this 5.50GEN-B2.

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

VeritechFighter
September 6th, 2009, 23:12
Sweet, the SNES emulator I use works again.

darthhaze420
September 7th, 2009, 00:05
will all of my 1.50 kernel homebrew work namely NJ"S cps1+2 & neo geo emulator work if not i will just stay at 5.00-6 m33

jxx2005
September 7th, 2009, 01:35
i dont trust GEN yet
i'll stick with M33

ojdon
September 7th, 2009, 10:11
Even though the GEN team are getting more and more popular, I think it's best for me personally to stick with M33 as well. Besides I'm in no rush to update my CFW anyway.

homemade
September 7th, 2009, 16:44
Buncha damn cowards, the thing works, jeez.

John Vattic
September 7th, 2009, 18:02
It's not cowardice it's caution. M33 firmwares retain the spirit of homebrew, it's not about iso's kid.

From what i hear much homebrew is broken on these gen firmwares.

Sounds good to have a newer firmware customized, but we care about homebrew here not piracy.

Not to knock the devs work either, it's good to have choice.

Peace

Mr. Shizzy
September 7th, 2009, 19:00
Right now I'm on 5.50 GEN-B2 and everything works perfect for me. And I mean everything.

All my emulators, plugins, ect.
Besides, GEN also has a lot of cool extras. Like a lot of great animated themes being released exclusively for GEN. As well as new .prx plugins.

GEN allows you to create a PANDORA right in vsh menu. It also allows you to boot directly into recovery from the xmb. GEN can also play a lot of the newer games that M33 will not.

GEN also allows you to have subfolder support in PHOTO/VIDEO/MUSIC. You could flash these modules to M33, but then the PSP would freeze if you use .mp4 videos... :(

Not to mention the BIG issue. M33 has being banned from all cool online features:

- No access to Playstation Store
- No online play allowed on most PSP games
- No remote play with PS3

GEN allows you to do all of that, and M33 does not.
Sorry, I love DaRk_AleX's work as much as the rest of you.
But 5.00 M33 is badly outdated And that is the truth.

Honestly, I would suggest that everyone update to GEN ;)

firemaster#1
September 7th, 2009, 20:46
Right now I'm on 5.50 GEN-B2 and everything works perfect for me. And I mean everything.

All my emulators, plugins, ect.
Besides, GEN also has a lot of cool extras. Like a lot of great animated themes being released exclusively for GEN. As well as new .prx plugins.

GEN allows you to create a PANDORA right in vsh menu. It also allows you to boot directly into recovery from the xmb. GEN can also play a lot of the newer games that M33 will not.

GEN also allows you to have subfolder support in PHOTO/VIDEO/MUSIC. You could flash these modules to M33, but then the PSP would freeze if you use .mp4 videos... :(

Not to mention the BIG issue. M33 has being banned from all cool online features:

- No access to Playstation Store
- No online play allowed on most PSP games
- No remote play with PS3

GEN allows you to do all of that, and M33 does not.
Sorry, I love DaRk_AleX's work as much as the rest of you.
But 5.00 M33 is badly outdated And that is the truth.

Honestly, I would suggest that everyone update to GEN ;)

I rather stick with my ps3 for psn and I would update to 5.50 gen but there's just one problem does this have 1.5 kernal support because I would never update to a newer firmware unless it had the 1.5 kernal subset because a lot of my homebrew is 1.5.Also the animated themes I don't really care about the original works the best for me. I can create a pandora battery on 5.00m33 via ultimate vsh menu so don't care about that.I just have one more question can you use timemachine to boot 1.5 firmware via gen because if I can I would gladly update.

Shrygue
September 7th, 2009, 21:14
There is no 1.50 version kernel for now, you'll have to just wait until one is made for that cfw version.

firemaster#1
September 7th, 2009, 21:34
There is no 1.50 version kernel for now, you'll have to just wait until one is made for that cfw version.
Alright just wanted to make sure but you can use time machine right?

darthhaze420
September 7th, 2009, 21:47
yeah most NOT all homebrew works i have updated all except of NJ's cp1 cps2 mvs 1.5 kernel works and the link to the slim versions are broken on this site so i am going on a treasure hunt it should not take long i am going to see if it works on my psp 1000 with 5.50gen-b2 will post with results

ok just tested cps1 2.2.5 slim on my psp 1000 using 5.50 gen -b and it works so i expect all of NJ's emulators to work so it is well worth the upgrade for us home brewers hope this helps someone

well here is a update just tested cps2 2.2.5 slim and mvs 2.2.5 slim and they will not work on the 1000 and as you know the 1.50 kernel wont work as well no cps2 or mvs on 1000 psp with the 5.50gen-b2 but will most likely play on a 2000 so hope this helps someone

malgora
September 8th, 2009, 08:53
i have no issues about these gen fw ..... im on 5.50 now .. some people just need to lighten up. these sort of things are always going to come up .. whats batter ps3 or 360, holden or ford (yes im aussie), ie or firefox (lol =p) but yeah ... u never know till u try thats for sure... and with fw most people wont beable to tell the diff... unless they are always going to the system info screen ......... anyway ill be updating cause im on b1 now so yeah.

Mr. Shizzy
September 8th, 2009, 13:35
I rather stick with my ps3 for psn and I would update to 5.50 gen but there's just one problem does this have 1.5 kernal support because I would never update to a newer firmware unless it had the 1.5 kernal subset because a lot of my homebrew is 1.5.Also the animated themes I don't really care about the original works the best for me. I can create a pandora battery on 5.00m33 via ultimate vsh menu so don't care about that.I just have one more question can you use timemachine to boot 1.5 firmware via gen because if I can I would gladly update.

You care about not being able to remote play between PSP & PS3?

How about being blocked from online play on many PSP games ??

Also, I have all the emu's in 3xx kernel. Instead of always trying to add 150k to your custom firmware, why not just update your emulators/homebrew ?? :confused:

There are several options for 1.50 kerenl on 5.50 GEN-B2.

1) Time machine (working perfectly)
2) LEDA v2 (working with a lot of 150k brew)

firemaster#1
September 8th, 2009, 18:47
You care about not being able to remote play between PSP & PS3?

How about being blocked from online play on many PSP games ??

Also, I have all the emu's in 3xx kernel. Instead of always trying to add 150k to your custom firmware, why not just update your emulators/homebrew ?? :confused:

There are several options for 1.50 kerenl on 5.50 GEN-B2.

1) Time machine (working perfectly)
2) LEDA v2 (working with a lot of 150k brew)

Yeah I already updated to gen glad than I can play then ps1 classics on psn that I brought (ff7 and Medal of Honor Underground) and the best part is than they don't take as much spaceas ripping them plus I can go to the psn store again :). I used timemachine for that phat and everything works except for r-gear but I don't mind. And the reason I don't like use the 3.XX kernal is because the 1.5 kernal is almost indefentaly faster than 3.xx such as SNES ME edition and gpsp 0.9 offical has better speeds than takka edition. So that why I rather have 1.5 kernal. The only thing that I think the 3.xx kernal has advantage of is the fact that it slim compatlible and only the arcade emulator NJ's CPS1,CPS2,NEO GEO benefit from this due to the slim's increased ram and no cache loading excluding Neo Geo's Bigger roms such as (KOF 2002 and SVC Chaos). We'll Im glad I took your advise shizzy It feel good to have psn and 1.5 at the same time.

hatman101
September 8th, 2009, 18:51

Shrygue
September 8th, 2009, 20:07
@Mr. Shizzy - oops, my bad, I forgot about those options. It just comes to show I've been falling behind on PSP homebrew.

hatman101
September 10th, 2009, 01:20

acn010
October 14th, 2009, 14:11
hmm remote play stopped working on 5.50 genB full ... HALP!!!