PDA

View Full Version : The end is near !!

PSmonkey
May 8th, 2006, 22:14
Yeah, I've got lots to learn on working with advance systems still (psp).

Anyways Strmnnrmn help me realise my bug was a cache issue ( i needed to flush cache ).

So Textures are much better now. I still have some rsp/rdp issues to fix before the build comes out this week. Yet it is 100% true. A build is comming out this week before e3 ends!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Some screenshots will come shortly. :P

--edit--
And here are the screenshots

--edit2--
If you think i am teasing, its only because you're pist you have to wait still for a build. It's comming damn it.

coo
May 8th, 2006, 22:18
nice, sounds like the new build will be awsome

--edit--
This post has been hyjacked by psmonkey for more screen shots. Damn 10 image limit!!

sroon
May 8th, 2006, 22:19
Great job Monk!
You really got things under ****roll!
Btw did you held Strmnnrmn with his emulator?
and do you have big roms working?
Thanks(.)(.)

Cap'n 1time
May 8th, 2006, 22:21
thanks for the wip report

Lumir
May 8th, 2006, 22:21
Woot! Cant wait till i can see da screenies! I know they will be good befor i even see them. This week! Woot! Ill have m64 on my psp!!! Zomg!!!... *Takes a chill pill*

Again thanks monkey for the updates. And thanks to Strmnnrmn for supporting.

lildude9232
May 8th, 2006, 22:39
awsome dude! hows the speed looking??

BrooksyX
May 8th, 2006, 22:42
Good to hear that you finally got it working good.
Any chance that you could add some way to save before the next release, save sate or the actual in game save. any kind would be great. Playing the first level on mario over and over again gets really boring.

But either way I cant wait, keep up the great work!

V3N0M
May 8th, 2006, 22:44
Very good how many roms are working as good as Mario 64?

middlemaniac
May 8th, 2006, 22:45
Can't wait for those screens!!!

PSmonkey
May 8th, 2006, 22:47
awsome dude! hows the speed looking??

Slow. I'm on par with daedalus or little slower in some parts. I need to optimise some stuff before release that should help.

Good to hear that you finally got it working good.
Any chance that you could add some way to save before the next release, save sate or the actual in game save. any kind would be great. Playing the first level on mario over and over again gets really boring.

But either way I cant wait, keep up the great work!

4k EEPROM saves will be suported in the release (sadly not gamepak, sram or 16k eeprom will be suported yet). 4k should do fine for atleast starfox, mario64, mario kart, and a quite a few others.

jamus_dood
May 8th, 2006, 22:53
Dude. nice one

Lumir
May 8th, 2006, 22:54
What we will be able to save mario data!!! OMG!!! Wholly crap nice work monkey! I hope that optimization will speed the emulations up to at least 15 fps hehe.

Oh and is sound implemented or is that somthing youll be working on later?

BrooksyX
May 8th, 2006, 22:55
hey saving mario is all i am asking for. great news! =)

middlemaniac
May 8th, 2006, 22:59
Can't wait till the day I get to play Mario Kart on my psp at 30fps!!!

Shilo
May 8th, 2006, 22:59
:eek: Whooooooooooohooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!! Awesome news!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D I just bought Super Princess Peach, so I gota play my DS a little, but when the new build of Monkey 64 is released............... it might start to collect a little dust!!!!!!!!

DPyro
May 8th, 2006, 23:01
Sound won't be in till graphics and speed are good.

Zion
May 8th, 2006, 23:02
Quote "I'm on par with daedalus or little slower in some parts". Does that mean that you have 3D working now PSMonkey? Keep up the great work!

metalspector
May 8th, 2006, 23:03
Ist it better than Daelus? If it's not I won't care to even download it.

Lumir
May 8th, 2006, 23:07
Sound won't be in till graphics and speed are good.

Thanks for the answer. :cool:

Ist it better than Daelus? If it's not I won't care to even download it.

WTF is wrong with you. You ungreatful @#%$%. Man peeps like you dont even deserve to DL any of the n64 roms... sigh i hate it when i see crap like that. Couldnt you just DL it and give your support on what roms work/semi-work/and so on??? :mad:

middlemaniac
May 8th, 2006, 23:12
PSmonkey you are definetely my FAVORITE PSP coder!!!

PSmonkey
May 8th, 2006, 23:14
Screenshots up. Enjoy. You guys are worth the whole 10 mins it took to take all thoes.

So thoes who bitch i am wasting time. Stop crying grinch.

V3N0M
May 8th, 2006, 23:14
Thanks for the answer. :cool:

WTF is wrong with you. You ungreatful @#%$%. Man peeps like you dont even deserve to DL any of the n64 roms... sigh i hate it when i see crap like that. Couldnt you just DL it and give your support on what roms work/semi-work/and so on??? :mad:

Cool it. Responding like that will only ruin this thread. Ingnore him he is probaly a little 11 year old that likes pissing people off.

Zion
May 8th, 2006, 23:19
I agree with lumir. Give PSMonkey a chance metalspector. His Emu was coded from the ground up. Daedalus was only a port of a working emu. So it was not as hard to get running.

PS - Lets not get off topic.

Lumir
May 8th, 2006, 23:19
Cool it. Responding like that will only ruin this thread. Ingnore him he is probaly a little 11 year old that likes pissing people off.

You know what your 100% correct. In fact that is my own advice as well. Sigh i just hate to see stuff like that...

ON TOPIC:

Nice screens monkey!!!

Flyingcow
May 8th, 2006, 23:20
Yeah Dont get discouraged just becuase people are assholes. Keep up the good work, Its looking great.

Malksta
May 8th, 2006, 23:20
Wow the screenshot's are beutiful ;) like you monkey
you are the best coder ever!

PSPuser10
May 8th, 2006, 23:23
Wow, cool. so this is Monkey's fourms

V3N0M
May 8th, 2006, 23:24
LOL PSmonkey got a sence of humer lol if you look at the images the post under him it says hyjacked and he put some more pictures lol

Lumir
May 8th, 2006, 23:25
LOL PSmonkey got a sence of humer lol if you look at the images the post under him it says hyjacked and he put some more pictures lol

Lol yea somthing about the 10 image limit hallarious...

AND OMG!!! Mario Kart in game!!! :eek: :cool:

V3N0M
May 8th, 2006, 23:27
I'm am very susprised how fast u got that done your already caught up with daedalus-finaly learned how to spell that right lol This is going to be really cool when M64 is out.

Shilo
May 8th, 2006, 23:28
LOL Hyjacked :D Those screens are awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Good work PSmonkey!!!!!!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D

Peach has 3 mouths???????????? That is werid.....

BTW PSmonkey, why do you have the Jap versions of Super Mario 64 and Star Fox 64???????

PSmonkey
May 8th, 2006, 23:33
Wow, cool. so this is Monkey's fourms

Oh JC, Behave or I am ip banning you in a heart beat!!

Demolition49
May 8th, 2006, 23:34
WTF mario fps 127.129 WOOOT lol... i know thats prob not correct and if it is not ingame.

Mario almost 9fps in game thats cool...

PS any chance of a frameskip.

PSmonkey
May 8th, 2006, 23:35
LOL Hyjacked :D Those screens are awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Good work PSmonkey!!!!!!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D

Peach has 3 mouths???????????? That is werid.....

BTW PSmonkey, why do you have the Jap versions of Super Mario 64 and Star Fox 64???????

Erm.... Just lazy? I have usa mario on my memory stick but since psp list roms by writen date vs alpha betical order, mario J & starfox J are near the start of the list.

Zion
May 8th, 2006, 23:36
Were are these Screenshots?

Demolition49
May 8th, 2006, 23:37
Were are these Screenshots?
Page 1

EDIT: what happened to full screen?

Zion
May 8th, 2006, 23:39
WOAH! Amazing Progress PSMonkey!!!! This is awsome!

Accordion
May 8th, 2006, 23:40
to two new, unwanted members:
this forum has suffered enough already but it gets worse and worse

thanks for the screens, evil looking mario, looks amazing though

starfox looks faster, Quest has textures, saving oh my god
cant wait for the release, take your time, do what you have to do
on a side note mario kart and starfox does get in game on daedalus it can be unstable but i can usally play for a while

my attempt at a support forum was very funny, oh well

PSmonkey
May 8th, 2006, 23:44
I prefer them here. I actualy have controll here to ban them, get their ip, get their isp, ....

If they play nice, I will be more then nice.

Page 1

EDIT: what happened to full screen?

Erm, Its still there. :p I just am use to seeing games in 320x240 mode. Screen res is user controlled.

PSPuser10
May 8th, 2006, 23:44
those are nice screenshots on page 1 but i know that everyone will get mad at you at pspupdates.com and they will probably give you alot of nasty comments if those pictures end up on their front page. you should say that those pictures are for your fourm only. has anyone read all the comments people made about monkey?

Shilo
May 8th, 2006, 23:46
Erm.... Just lazy? I have usa mario on my memory stick but since psp list roms by writen date vs alpha betical order, mario J & starfox J are near the start of the list.

After all the work you have put into this emu, you have the right to be a bit lazy!!

PSmonkey
May 8th, 2006, 23:47
those are nice screenshots on page 1 but i know that everyone will get mad at you at pspupdates.com and they will probably give you alot of nasty comments if those pictures end up on their front page. you should say that those pictures are for your fourm only. has anyone read all the comments people made about monkey?

I have and personaly now I dont care. I am posting a build this week. So they will make an ass out of them self soon enough.

Accordion
May 8th, 2006, 23:49
too right

Accordion
May 8th, 2006, 23:49
10 minutes to live SONY e3 press conference

woo

Demolition49
May 8th, 2006, 23:51
What about frameskip? is that possible like in SNES emu... and processor clocking, i suppose some of that if for 1.5 only.

Shadowblind
May 8th, 2006, 23:52
what about sound? you cant have a game without sound!

and whats e3?

and psp-updates-- BLOWIT

Demolition49
May 8th, 2006, 23:53
$niper told us... untill speed and textures are done no sound... i can see why since it will only slow down things alot...

EDIT: E3 is a big gaming conference between the badboy console companys like Sony, Nintendo and Microsoft.

Shilo
May 8th, 2006, 23:53
I have and personaly now I dont care. I am posting a build this week. So they will make an ass out of them self soon enough.

They sure will :D

Assassin02
May 8th, 2006, 23:58
You sir are a god among gods :D
I can't wait! :D
I've been playing Deadolous's Emu wit Mario 64
Colors and everything are good, but lag.....uhh.....And no sound and no save...
::sweatdrop:: I'm not complaining though! This is brillaint after so much work this is AMAZING!
I can't wait for your release :D

middlemaniac
May 9th, 2006, 00:10
This is amazing! You got Mario Kart to got almost 9 fps in game! With the Daedlus emulator it always freezes in the first couple of seconds, and it said it was only going 3.25 fps. Your emulator will kick Butt! I can't wait till you get mario kart to go at 30 fps!

Demolition49
May 9th, 2006, 00:13
I still have been wondering somthing... your emulator from what i know doesnt seem to deteriorate where as Daedleus does... E.G in mario after long time the textures in levels were slowly getting worse... or is that problem fixed now... i dont know i didnt play long enough to really find out.

and what is the reason for this.

Shadowblind
May 9th, 2006, 00:13
*snaps back to reality* What are the bugs gonna be, and how fast will the average ROM (Mario 64) play in fps?

Xiro
May 9th, 2006, 00:15
hey are we allowed to talk about PSdonkey\'s emulator in here? and i hope no one says that it is not real because i do have it.

dude you are asking for a ban, everyone knows its fake and you just are irritating monkey and forum users.

and on the fixes, congrats monkey! its really looking good.

Demolition49
May 9th, 2006, 00:16
Not another idiot... unless your confused... which i doubt.

Shadowblind PSmonkey told us that the FPS was on par with daedleus mainly.

Shilo
May 9th, 2006, 00:17
OH GOD!!!!!!!! NOT ANOTHER ONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad:

Festizzio
May 9th, 2006, 00:17
Isn't there some kind of rule that you have to be at least 13 to sign up for this site? Btw excellent job PSmonkey!

Shadowblind
May 9th, 2006, 00:18
hey are we allowed to talk about PSdonkey\'s emulator in here? and i hope no one says that it is not real because i do have it.

THEN IF ITS SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO REAL, GIVE IT TO US! :mad: :mad: :mad:

BrooksyX
May 9th, 2006, 00:19
Nice screens!
They look very promising.

Oh and shut up about that donkey crap. no one wants to hear it!

Cap'n 1time
May 11th, 2006, 05:00
some of you are very annoying. shut up and wait. AND FOR THE LOVE OF GOD QUIT SAYING THEY SHOULD TEAM UP! i think they have heard that suggestion by now.. all of you shut the **** up and wait before i bust some heads! damnit! I dont know how sniper, monkey, and whats his face put up with you peoples shit.

Wally
May 11th, 2006, 05:08
1timeuser: not how i would have handled it but good enough.

People why so much flaming? Let one person say it and thats it.

Cap'n 1time
May 11th, 2006, 05:11
1timeuser: not how i would have handled it but good enough.

Yes.. well, im well known for my charming way of handeling such things.

Kaiser
May 11th, 2006, 05:15
Okay did some spring cleaning and deleted a solid 23 pages of spam and flaming.

1timeuser is right, now enough of this crap people.

glitch
May 11th, 2006, 05:38
Kaiser, I still think the delictable, editable mcgriddle, eggs and bacon was a worthy subject.... but ok whatever j/k

keep it monkey, lookin forward to your next release and trust me everyone who is pissed off at you now are just hypocrits they'll love you once you're done like everyone else who isn't an idiot.

PSmonkey
May 11th, 2006, 05:39

JK you were not kidding ( i saw what you removed ).

Anyways yes today is friday. I found a nasty bug I need to fix then I am going to try adding f3dex2 microcode so hopefuly more will be playable.

A build is out some time today but I dont know when. I am not pleased with the current speed but untill I can profile the code, I cant think of any place to improve speed (except maybe a hash/look up tlb for memory, yet that will eat alot of memory).

Sadly this first build will be on the complex side (you have to set the microcode) but I have my testers building a compatibility list as we speak with what microcode to use on games (using the wrong one will cause nada or a posible crash).

Anyways that is it for now. play nice & my next post sometime today should be a build.

DPyro
May 11th, 2006, 05:46
PSmonkey got your days messed up...Today is Thursday :p

jairolas
May 11th, 2006, 05:52
ERRRRR Today is wednesday!, well, if you live in america....

lunasicc
May 11th, 2006, 06:11
Well not if you're living on the eastside.

Flyingcow
May 11th, 2006, 06:22
Thankyou for Cleaning up the crap, I was so tired of hearing- "wahts the speed going to be like" and "what are the controls gonna be like". could they not read a couple of posts that already stated that information?

Anyway, thanx for keeping us up to date and keep up the good work. This news on the emulator and E3 is making this the best week of my life.

joshk525
May 11th, 2006, 06:39
so do you have too set the microcode everytime you play the game

DPyro
May 11th, 2006, 06:53
so do you have too set the microcode everytime you play the game
Each game has its own microcode, which you must set manually each time.

lunasicc
May 11th, 2006, 06:57
I dont mean to be annoying but I have one question about the microcode. Do we need to set it each time we play a rom or is it saved and set after the first time the rom runs?

Thanks

DPyro
May 11th, 2006, 07:05
Each game has its own microcode, which you must set manually each time.
:mad:

joshk525
May 11th, 2006, 07:05
do you need an onscreen keyboard or anything like that to enter micro code just wanted to know so i can look for one in advance

DPyro
May 11th, 2006, 07:08
No...just scroll left or right.

mameuser
May 11th, 2006, 07:11
microcode techni look/seen familar, i remember last time a n64 for windows also using this method. It wil list down a few microcode option and let you choose before the game start.

SRD

Wow. I didn't consider any of the posts I made spam, but apparently you did. Well, okay then...

joshk525
cool thanks for answering my questions

Wally
May 11th, 2006, 07:12
The answer is NO.

YOu set the microcodes in the main menu.
Sheeze people we get in here

goldensupersonic
May 11th, 2006, 07:16
This new emulator is better then love.

DPyro
May 11th, 2006, 07:22
Wow. I didn't consider any of the posts I made spam, but apparently you did. Well, okay then...
That would be spam.....and so would this. :D

Kaiser
May 11th, 2006, 07:42

Answering this reply is spam since its completely off-topic. Don't be offended if I deleted your posts. All I did was nuke 23 pages, I didn't search through them and pick out good posts and let them stay.

Now back on Topic people

V3N0M
May 11th, 2006, 07:54
Cool all the spam is gone. Just a little longer until M64 is released. Very happy about this.

PSmonkey
May 11th, 2006, 09:08
I've got a secret banana in my pocket to tell you about later (too sleepy now, plus it needs some bug fixing).

FYI, its not audio or a recompiler. It more has to deal with compatibility.

joshk525
May 11th, 2006, 09:12
i hope its rom streamer that would be cool

joshk525
May 11th, 2006, 09:24
so is the emu coming out tommorow then

the one and only
May 11th, 2006, 09:38
XD i cant hardly wait
**crossess fingers**
please let zelda be completely playable at 60fps xD
man im not getting to sleep tonight

the one and only
May 11th, 2006, 09:42
thanks monkey
keep up all the gret work xD

goldensupersonic
May 11th, 2006, 09:42
...........Its not going to run 60

joshk525
May 11th, 2006, 09:57
the best it will probly run is 12fps at the moment

alondero
May 11th, 2006, 11:12
To anyone who may be expecting to play n64 games on their psp's in the near future take a look at Project64 on the PC. Currently, after nearly 10 years of development, this, only now, plays the majority of games full speed on a top spec pc. Games such as Zelda, Goldeneye, Perfect Dark, Turok, etc are all high system demand games and therefore are unlikely ever to be fully playable (at least 30-35 fps) no matter how optimised this emulator will be. I am not knocking PSMonkey's efforts at all, I completely admire how much effort he has put in after studying a course in Software Engineering myself. However, I think a lot of people here need to have a reality check and understand quite what the n64 emulation scene will most likely be able to acheive. If anyone is waiting to play their n64 games, i suggest downloading a copy of Project 64 or 1964.
Thanks

kersplatty
May 11th, 2006, 11:13
cant w8 till later today keep up the good work, yours should be more stable right? :D

joshk525
May 11th, 2006, 11:16
we dont care if its not full speed we just want it on our psp's so we can play 64 anywhere

The_Game
May 11th, 2006, 11:54
I believe in psmonkey and that we will some time in the future be able to play mario 64 with 40-60 fps.

Psycho77
May 11th, 2006, 13:50
Answering this reply is spam since its completely off-topic. Don't be offended if I deleted your posts. All I did was nuke 23 pages, I didn't search through them and pick out good posts and let them stay.

Now back on Topic people

Hey even my video ! *sniff*

Psycho77
May 11th, 2006, 13:51
I've got a secret banana in my pocket to tell you about later (too sleepy now, plus it needs some bug fixing).

FYI, its not audio or a recompiler. It more has to deal with compatibility.

Secret of what you said in a couples of post before that you trying to get xxx in it ? :)

At least with a banana in your pocket the monkeys in your head won't give you an headache ! (hmmm kind of inside joke i told him earlier this week).

PSmonkey
May 11th, 2006, 15:09
guys, dont over hype yourselfs. This build is gonna be slow. Some games do 3fps, some do 5fps & some do a moderate 8fps (mario kart). A few rare gems do 10-15fps (bomerman hero & quest64).

I really need to profile my code and speed up read/write calls.

Anyways that secret was that I added F3DEX2 microcode. Its buggy and missing 3 ops (gonna try fixing) but it runs and games like smash bros now run (i got in game but it was glitchy because of the missing ops).

byerlyct
May 11th, 2006, 15:18
how far into game does zelda get ingame oh yeah how will you deal with games that used an expansion pack for the 64

goldensupersonic
May 11th, 2006, 15:20
Will it be released today

joshk525
May 11th, 2006, 15:27
I wasnt expecting this release to be fast but it's still going to be a good release

byerlyct
May 11th, 2006, 15:39
can zelda be played yet or jet force gemini i love those games and donkey kong 64 and super smash bros and all that good stuff

joshk525
May 11th, 2006, 15:53
I dont think he's added support for larger roms yet so zelda wont work

carrotman97
May 11th, 2006, 16:05
I dont think he's added support for larger roms yet so zelda wont work

that means that the largest rom usable is 8mb as mentioned before, but quest64 is 16mb and is suposed to run great? :confused:

Psycho77
May 11th, 2006, 16:12
Largest roms usable is 16 megs, I don't think PSmonkey got time to had bigger roms support yet, but who know what he did during his sleep !

carrotman97
May 11th, 2006, 16:13
Largest roms usable is 16 megs, I don't PSmonkey got time to had bigger roms support yet, but who know what he did during his sleep !

thanxs for the reply

PSmonkey
May 11th, 2006, 16:28
small update. The build is today (regardless if i am ready or not). Again I must appologize that the fps will be really low. Not to mention that i based my fps on n64 sync. So if a game runs at 30fps on the n64 & m64 tells you VSYNC is 5fps. You have to divide the results in half to get the rendered framerate.

Again on the bright side, Many games are actualy running (Smash Bros, Mario Kart, Starfox). Things will only improve over time.

I wasnt expecting this release to be fast but it's still going to be a good release

I think alot were. Its actualy really slow but that is because there are alot of places to optimise still. I think daedalus does a bit more hle on the cpu emulation as well. Another issue is I count vsync ticks as fps and daedalus counts rendered frames.

Hopefuly a revision will be out next week with large rom suport and hash/look up tables to speed memory access.

PSmonkey
May 11th, 2006, 16:32
also one more thing. Smash Bros is not as bad as I though (visualy). There is a bug that shows a wigged out background on 2 stages but the others show up quite well. The render bug should be fixable tho (have to tweak a few things).

LiNKZiE
May 11th, 2006, 16:59
oh yeah, the build today! *can't wait!!!*

Demolition49
May 11th, 2006, 17:12
Im gnna be watching all day now lol... and i got coursework to do for my exam.... lol of all days.

joshk525
May 11th, 2006, 17:26
monkey you should try not to think about what people think about your emu. It will still be good even if it's slow considering you built it from scratch. i know im gonna appreciate it

DPyro
May 11th, 2006, 17:27
Yay! Only a few more hours to wait. :)

goldensupersonic
May 11th, 2006, 17:29
I think I wet myself.

kersplatty
May 11th, 2006, 17:39
will it be released in this thread or a new one, the tension is so great i think my head just exploded

NRGFORCE
May 11th, 2006, 17:42
I can't wait!!!!!! How many seconds left?? :D

PSmonkey
May 11th, 2006, 17:44
it will be in a new thread that will be made sticky.

Sorry to do this but here is a small teaser from me playing on my metro ride this morning. I'm trying to fix as much as i can over lunch and finish up after work a bit.

Anyways enjoy (also note, I said src will be posted. That will happen tomorrow and not today. I've yet to have the time to pick a license and aply it).

Cap'n 1time
May 11th, 2006, 17:52
nice screenie. easily sexy enough to be my new background. :) XD
one thought. Is "The New Tetris" running? i loves that game... for some reason...

joshk525
May 11th, 2006, 17:53
it's looking pretty good. thanx for all the time you've put into this emu monkey cant wait for the release im going crazy here.

goldensupersonic
May 11th, 2006, 17:56
edit: As much as I love the pic, its a bit big for our dial up friends.

IF YOU WISH TO SEE A MONKEY WITH A NINTENDO 64 CONTROLLER (and i recommend it) CLICK THIS LINK!
http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i247/Shining_Sorrow/Monkey64.jpg
-1time (sorry :) )

kersplatty
May 11th, 2006, 18:08
guess youll have more time to fix up than i expected, its like nightime almost in uk. hope you get a build out before my bedtime lol :D

Psycho77
May 11th, 2006, 18:11
Hehe nice picture, but I think i like the top of the monkey head better (in the eboots thread) :)

joshk525
May 11th, 2006, 18:11
yeah same here its 1 in the morning but i cant sleep knowing theres going to be a release soon

drquack02
May 11th, 2006, 18:18
I'm a little confused at the v-sync thing. I understand that it can be measured in that, but how do you convert it to FPS. From the post on the last page it sounds like its expected frames (30) divided by the V-sync, and thats the FFP.

In that case would that mean that Super Smash Brothers is running at 8 or so FPS in the screenshot?

Psycho77
May 11th, 2006, 18:41
I'm a little confused at the v-sync thing. I understand that it can be measured in that, but how do you convert it to FPS. From the post on the last page it sounds like its expected frames (30) divided by the V-sync, and thats the FFP.

In that case would that mean that Super Smash Brothers is running at 8 or so FPS in the screenshot?

I think it's the inverse
3.55 vsync will be 3.55/2 (1.78fps) ?

joshk525
May 11th, 2006, 18:43
Yeah thats what i thought

Demolition49
May 11th, 2006, 18:55
I think its half of what it says and u get the FPS.

D0N
May 11th, 2006, 18:58
If a game runs at 30fps on the n64 & m64 tells you VSYNC is 5fps. You have to divide the results in half to get the rendered framerate.

jas0nuk
May 11th, 2006, 19:00
Great! Can't wait to try out the new build! :D

D0N
May 11th, 2006, 19:01
Yep! That is whats on everybody's mind! :D Keep up the great work PSMonkey!

PSmonkey
May 11th, 2006, 19:12
edit: As much as I love the pic, its a bit big for our dial up friends.

IF YOU WISH TO SEE A MONKEY WITH A NINTENDO 64 CONTROLLER (and i recommend it) CLICK THIS LINK!
http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i247/Shining_Sorrow/Monkey64.jpg
-1time (sorry :) )

That is SOOOOO the start up image!! :) Thanks

joshk525
May 11th, 2006, 19:16
wicked that pic is hell good

The_Game
May 11th, 2006, 19:52
somebody should start a picture thread for monkey 64 again ^^

V3N0M
May 11th, 2006, 20:40
lol cool pic. Can't wait until M64 is out. For now i'm gonna go eat breakfeast lol.

chickenclaws
May 11th, 2006, 20:43
hey jman where do u live its 3.43 pm here?

Cooe14
May 11th, 2006, 20:46
Breakfast? it's 12:45 P.M. on Thursday right now. Anyhow can't wait for M64

Accordion
May 11th, 2006, 20:48
what time is it where PSmonkey lives? when is tonight for him
it is 8:50 pm here in UK

Cap'n 1time
May 11th, 2006, 20:51
Im glad you didnt release already, cause I had an idea. In the readme put

"Somewhere some anonymous idiot from psp updates just shot himself in the head."
MWAHAHAHAH!

Cooe14
May 11th, 2006, 20:52
It's 3:53 P.M. where PSmonkey lives (Montreal).

drquack02
May 11th, 2006, 20:57
It's 3:53 where PSmonkey lives (Montreal).

Don't forget the PM so people don't get completly confused again.

Can't wait to see the release PSMonkey, be great for a nice rainy day like today. :)

Demolition49
May 11th, 2006, 20:57
UGH... im in uk and i prob wont get this till morning since its 8:58

Gizmo356
May 11th, 2006, 21:08
cant wait "i want your bod

Shadowblind
May 11th, 2006, 21:08
So Textures are much better now. I still have some rsp/rdp issues to fix before the build comes out this week. Yet it is 100% true. A build is comming out this week before e3 ends!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

awesome, as today is the day E3 ends!
Dont mistake this for impatiance, as im willing to wait even longer if I must

Cooe14
May 11th, 2006, 21:17
No E3 ends tommorow it's held in LA Califronia where its thrusday, and i'm guessing you live in the UK.

stotheamuel
May 11th, 2006, 21:22
Wow Kaiser deletes 20 pages of span and 8 more appear still asking about what time it is or when it'll be ready.. be patient people

and now the real reason for this message is great video of smash bros it is Beautiful

Xiro
May 11th, 2006, 21:24
No E3 ends tommorow it's held in LA Califronia where its thrusday, and i'm guessing you live in the UK.

stotheamuel, people are just trying to bide the time while they wait for the release...

also, cooe, the UK is only a 5 and 1/2 hour difference from the US eastern timezone, so it is only 10:00 PM there, and not friday yet

Demolition49
May 11th, 2006, 21:28
Its actually 6 hours... its half 9 here.

cirus5555
May 11th, 2006, 21:42
times a tick n me carnt take this its like christmas

sroon
May 11th, 2006, 21:43
im eastern and its 4:42 now. so it would be the same as Monk.

joshk525
May 11th, 2006, 21:43
PSmonkey

I'm trying to fix as much as i can over lunch and finish up after work a bit.

assuming he finishes work at 5.30 he should be releasing very soon. Maybe in 2 hours

Xiro
May 11th, 2006, 21:45
well if you check post times, he normally posts within the next 2 hours.. though he might want to tweak it before he releases it (meaning later tonight or tomorrow). I doubt he will just get home and upload it, or else he could have done that this morning...

Shadowblind
May 11th, 2006, 21:45
E3 on G4 ends today at 9

V3N0M
May 11th, 2006, 21:46
hey jman where do u live its 3.43 pm here?

LOL i live in the U.S.A California lol it was 12:30 My time when i said that. I just woke up lol so i went to eat Breakfeast/Lunch

Cooe14
May 11th, 2006, 21:49
The G4 show may end tonight BUT E3 ends on the 12th (friday)

John Vattic
May 11th, 2006, 21:50
lmao@people with no life pushing on these poor coders.

Don't be pushin on the monkey!!!!!!!!!
It's ready when it's ready.

man, and i thought i was a dork.

by the way it's Friday already in Japan!
get jobs!

Demolition49
May 11th, 2006, 22:08
All these time zones are confusing and annoying... it WILL come out when it comes out.

DPyro
May 11th, 2006, 22:27
It will be out in a bit, just wait...gotta send Monkey something. :)

ZFB8
May 11th, 2006, 22:28
Whatcha sending him?

<____________<"

DPyro
May 11th, 2006, 22:31
Wouldn't you like to know :p

sroon
May 11th, 2006, 22:32
:p
What is it darn you?!!!?!?

ZFB8
May 11th, 2006, 22:32
Yes. Yes I would D:

BrooksyX
May 11th, 2006, 22:37
it is probably like a compatability list or someting.

release cant be to far away now! =)

Shilo
May 11th, 2006, 22:39
It is so close, I can taste it! Ummmmmmmmmmmmmmm N64 emu :D

sroon
May 11th, 2006, 22:41
IM DIEN HERE!!!..............BALLS!!!
jk anyways maybe we can use big roms??!

DPyro
May 11th, 2006, 22:41
Nope.

PSmonkey
May 11th, 2006, 22:42
Sorry. build delayed till 2007. As per request by E3 since everything at E3 wont be out till late this year or next year.

Sorry.

MegaManNetRonin
I hope not.

I, and my friend have been waiting for this.
Who would've thought I'd be playing Ocarina of Time on my PSP before the DS got it?
Sweet.

Good luck.

I hope it's out before the day ends.

sroon
YAHH RIGHT!!!
its not april anymore!!

jamus_dood
May 11th, 2006, 22:43
ur not serious

Shilo
You better be kidding PSmonkey!!!!!!!!!

PSmonkey
just trying to entertain you while i finish up putting the files together.

jas0nuk
May 11th, 2006, 22:44
He's kidding. I hope :p

EDIT: Yep he is :D *phew* I posted a minute too late.

EDIT 2: PSmonkey you have 666 posts!!! :p

jamus_dood
shweet

MegaManNetRonin
Sorry. build delayed till 2007. As per request by E3 since everything at E3 wont be out till late this year or next year.

Sorry.
You are now the scourge of SATAN~!
lol
Your next post will be your 666th.

But... I was really looking forward to this.
:mad:
Oh well.

sroon
wow i knew you were fuggen with uss.

Shilo
May 11th, 2006, 22:45
It was very intertaing monkey :D

salomon st
May 11th, 2006, 22:45
ps monkey has 666 posts....freaky

Shilo
May 11th, 2006, 22:47
:eek: 666???????!!!!!!!!!!! :eek:

Cooe14
May 11th, 2006, 22:48
woooooh creepy... :eek:

sroon
May 11th, 2006, 22:49
OK so know what?

jas0nuk
We wait until he uploads them (to a new topic)

Xiro
am i the only one who has been talking on AIM while refreshing this page the last 5 minutes?

salomon st
May 11th, 2006, 22:50
OK so know what?

now we wait patiently

sroon
May 11th, 2006, 22:52
yes yes YEs YES YSES MWAHAHAHAHAHAHA.
very VERY patientlay.

Shilo
very patiently :D

hockey2112
I know this message is "Spam", but holy crap, what is the deal with the spam about his post count? Big deal! Hurr-hurr-hurr!!!!!

Sorry, long day at work, but really, come on...

PSMonkey, thanks for the hard work. I am very eager to try out a few roms that you and your testers have not yet mentioned.

PSmonkey
OK so know what?

Lock this topic & +1 my post count.

DPyro
May 11th, 2006, 22:53
OK, too much spam...LOCK

P.S...keep spamming and I will just delete your posts.

salomon st
May 11th, 2006, 23:01
OK, too much spam...LOCK

P.S...keep spamming and I will just delete your posts.

i appologise wont happen again

goldensupersonic
Hmmmm I wonder what airboarder will be..........

cirus5555
bad day Ive just installed metal gear acid 2 and its updated my firware to 2.6 and i carnt seem to get the loader 9.7 working :(

salomon st
May 11th, 2006, 23:04
bad day Ive just installed metal gear acid 2 and its updated my firware to 2.6 and i carnt seem to get the loader 9.7 working :(

thats strange ubetter hope for it to get working cause monkey is coming out soon

cirus5555
May 11th, 2006, 23:06
thats why its abad day metal gear rocks thow

cirus5555
May 11th, 2006, 23:07
can you down grade from 2.6 to 2

salomon st
May 11th, 2006, 23:08
can you down grade from 2.6 to 2

if only :rolleyes: but no we cant and might not ever be able to

carrotman97
May 11th, 2006, 23:09