PDA

View Full Version : Memory Stick Auto Backup Script

A_Username
May 8th, 2006, 22:48
Tired of saying, " Oh Crap I accidentally formatted my memory stick, or dang I must have erased this or that or changed that or this. No Worries, I made a script that will automaticlaly back up your memory stick every time you connect your PSP to your PC. It is a harmless .bat file that scans you memory stick for files that have chenged since your last backup or backs up all the files on your first backup. I've included instructions and the source code even though you can just find it any way by right clicking on the file and hitting edit. This will not brick your PSP I'm only 13yrs old and am a computer nerd but have had my PSP bricked when I was on version 1.50 but luckil I was able to recover the data. I know the horrors of bricking and will not put any of you through that terrible ordeal. Well anyways I hope you like it, the instructions are written for a different application and I've modded the to fit the needs of this application.

Cherrs:

A_Username

kyle2194
May 9th, 2006, 00:36
@xcopy "e:\" "c:\psp" /e /i /h /y /q /d
Wow nice coding. You just backed up my cd drive! My psp isnt on drive e:
Remember kids, use relative paths.

@xcopy "\" "c:\psp" /e /i /h /y /q /d
PS. Xcopy automatically creates C:\psp.

A_Username
May 9th, 2006, 00:50
[QUOTE=kyle2194]@xcopy "e:\" "c:\psp" /e /i /h /y /q /d
Wow nice coding. You just backed up my cd drive! My psp isnt on drive e:
Remember kids, use relative paths.

Yeah, that's why you read the instructions, Autorun USB could even load a program not on the memory stick when you plug your PSP in, in the instructions it say to change the drive letter. I fully agree with kyle2194 on this use realative paths, I want to add two things, read the manuals, and other people's code can sever new functions that they weren't even intended for. Whoa!? that just turned into one of those "and the moral of the story is....." moments. That was kinda corny on my part. :)