PDA

View Full Version : Bloody Hell - Awesome Monkey 64 Screenshots (Nintendo 64 Emu for PSP)

wraggster
May 9th, 2006, 00:50
PSMonkey (http://nemo.dcemu.co.uk) has posted some killer screenshots of his Nintendo 64 Emulator on his site and this news:

<blockquote>Yeah, I've got lots to learn on working with advance systems still (psp).

Anyways Strmnnrmn help me realise my bug was a cache issue ( i needed to flush cache ).

So Textures are much better now. I still have some rsp/rdp issues to fix before the build comes out this week. Yet it is 100% true. A build is comming out this week before e3 ends!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!</blockquote>

Take a looky at these screens:

http://psp-news.dcemu.co.uk/monkey1.jpg

http://psp-news.dcemu.co.uk/monkey2.jpg

http://psp-news.dcemu.co.uk/monkey3.jpg

Awesome Screenshots keep your eye on this forum topic --> http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=24207 for many more screens.

MegaManNetRonin
May 9th, 2006, 00:53
Lookin' pretty good. I hope that this is finished soon, with sound, and a good speed.
But also, interchangeable buttons.....
Err....
"Configurable buttons"?

Yeah....

wraggster
May 9th, 2006, 00:55
damn exciting time for the PSP scene with 2 emus on the go

Shadowblind
May 9th, 2006, 00:57
you cant beat the classic systems. Thats why people made emus outta them, and to finally have an n64 emu... plain awesome.

Emeriastone
May 9th, 2006, 00:57
Amazing! That's come a long way in a short time! What an exciting time it is for homebrew!

BALL_SAC
May 9th, 2006, 01:03
So Strmnnrm is helping psmonkey with his emulator huh.... that sounds kind of reaping the rewards of somebody else. I hate to say that, but it seems true.

bobcobb
May 9th, 2006, 01:10
I belive they call it cooperation. When people, especially coders cooperate, more work is done. Which means with their united effort, this thing gets onto our PSPs sooner.

Sharing is caring ball sac.

Searching4me123
May 9th, 2006, 01:15
I belive they call it cooperation. When people, especially coders cooperate, more work is done. Which means with their united effort, this thing gets onto our PSPs sooner.

Sharing is caring ball sac.

imagine all the people workin on homebrew made like the ultimate emulator for psp and it emulated everything that would be a dream for me lol

Shadowblind
May 9th, 2006, 01:38
imagine all the people workin on homebrew made like the ultimate emulator for psp and it emulated everything that would be a dream for me lol

AT 1000FPS!!!! FULLY TEXTURED, FULL SOUND, ABLE TO PLAY PS4 AND XBOX 720 AND NINTENDO WIICUBE GAMES AND PS2 AND PS AND GENESIS AND SNES AND NES AND GBA AND GB AND XBOX 360 AND WII AND PS3 AND PC AND N64 AND GAMECUBE AND EVERYTHING ELSE!!!!!!

shiftybill
May 9th, 2006, 01:39
i believe that they are helping each other out so that both emulators get better faster

pokothehobo
May 9th, 2006, 01:44
YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

amazing!

pspfan
May 9th, 2006, 01:49
Awesome screens! So glad that the texture bug is out!!!

Cooe14
May 9th, 2006, 01:51
So Strmnnrm is helping psmonkey with his emulator huh.... that sounds kind of reaping the rewards of somebody else. I hate to say that, but it seems true.
PSmonkey is also helping Strmnnrm with his emulator.

NeoXCS
May 9th, 2006, 02:16
Originally Posted by BALL_SAC

Well actually they are helping eachother because each one has different skills that will help the other. One is good with n64 emulation while the other understands psp coding better. It is a good thing they are helping eachother because then we know we have a much better chance at a good speed emulator being released in the not so far future. :) Good luck on M64 PSMonkey! Also good luck to Strmnnrm with Daedalus PSP! :)

Damian666
May 9th, 2006, 02:20
To have two Nintendo64 emulators being worked at the same time, I say congrats to these guys for giving us something to greatly hope for. I'm looking forward to this realease, and the next Daedalus realease as well. Rock on, guys.

nyrtrublue
May 9th, 2006, 02:31
well as long as the emus come out im not gonna complain about how they get done

BALL_SAC
May 9th, 2006, 02:34
If that is indeed true, then why dont they offically team up together?

chickenclaws
May 9th, 2006, 02:36
This is better then when Zimlar posted his first N64 Screenie

kcc86
May 9th, 2006, 03:06
at 1000fps!!!! Fully Textured, Full Sound, Able To Play Ps4 And Xbox 720 And Nintendo Wiicube Games And Ps2 And Ps And Genesis And Snes And Nes And Gba And Gb And Xbox 360 And Wii And Ps3 And Pc And N64 And Gamecube And Everything Else!!!!!!

Haha

chickenclaws
May 9th, 2006, 03:12
Wiicube ? lol

Voltron
May 9th, 2006, 03:47
This is a very exciting time for the PSP scene indeed. Yesterday we got SNES9xTYL 0.4 and we have TWO N64 EMU's in the works. Just when I thought the it was coming to a slow-down, we get this sudden surge.

Nothing can stop it now. PSP Homebrew forever!!!

Great job PSMonkey.

Shadowblind
May 9th, 2006, 03:50
This is a very exciting time for the PSP scene indeed. Yesterday we got SNES9xTYL 0.4 and we have TWO N64 EMU's in the works. Just when I thought the it was coming to a slow-down, we get this sudden surge.

Nothing can stop it now. PSP Homebrew forever!!!

Great job PSMonkey.

nicely stated; couldn't agree more

taiyoh
May 9th, 2006, 03:58
This is a great week for the PSP....now if only someone was working on a GBA emu.. :( :p

aries2k4
May 9th, 2006, 04:05
Itīs looking good. looking forward to the release.

Gizmo356
May 9th, 2006, 04:15
i wish i had a job so i coul buy another psp

Gizmo356
May 9th, 2006, 04:17
my complaments to the coder

Gizmo356
May 9th, 2006, 04:20
i love u psmonkey (no homo)

Gizmo356
May 9th, 2006, 04:22
so much progress in so little time

Gizmo356
May 9th, 2006, 04:24
pppppppp psmonkey unit!

Video_freak
May 9th, 2006, 04:29
i'm soooooo glad i didn't upgrade my psp

salomon st
May 9th, 2006, 04:34
ps monkey has to be very dedicated for him to be working on this for soo long and it has come a long way from his first release

jman420
May 9th, 2006, 05:50
WOW! SWEET! I cant beleave its already rendering that much :D

however, whats the avrage frame rate?

PSmonkey
May 9th, 2006, 06:06
What the hell is wrong with you guys?

I mean really. how can not one person make a joke that it looks like mario is running around in his underware/underpants. Its just TOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOo easy yet nobody went there. *sign*

:p

acn010
May 9th, 2006, 06:09
meh, Keep the good work!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
kudos!!!!!!!!!
and good luck, and hope that theres a miracle in this to make this emu perfect, he he i imagine a gamecube emulator on the psp, and me playing metroid..................... my stupid dreams

acn010
May 9th, 2006, 06:10
black mario.........he he

Jimmy Lee
May 9th, 2006, 08:47
Once they get N64 up and running they can move on to psone. Hopefully, they can manage to crank it out before Sony. That would show em.

vettacossx
May 9th, 2006, 10:00
the racing game really shows just how much better this build is WOW very nice if the FZERO X rom runs at 20 fps now on the other emu i cant imagine psmonkeys!

ace_t
May 9th, 2006, 10:45
Great progress, just one question, was the original Mario black and wearing his vest and y-fronts in the N64 version, or has Monkey copied some features from Ghouls'n'Ghosts where his clothes fall off when he gets hit? :P

Tomppa
May 9th, 2006, 11:41
What the hell is wrong with you guys?

I mean really. how can not one person make a joke that it looks like mario is running around in his underware/underpants. Its just TOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOo easy yet nobody went there. *sign*

:p

Omg.. Didn't even notice that before you said it :D :D :D Hey, I see some sprites get a black square border, that happened on my old pc too, whats that stuff? :confused:

me_ben
May 9th, 2006, 11:54
what are the button configuration for this?
i hope that this one includes the c buttons

joshk525
May 9th, 2006, 14:18
yeah im hoping we can configure the controls for each game indavidually and be able to save it as a different configuration for each game. That would probaly be the best solution

iqcumber
May 9th, 2006, 15:01
you can see the frame rates in the screen shots - they are pretty low numbers. All in good time...

grin.ch
May 9th, 2006, 15:41
Hey, what's that bottom racing game?

ace_t
May 9th, 2006, 15:45
Hey, what's that bottom racing game?

They have a bottom racing game? Now that is just silly! j/k ;)

PSmonkey
May 9th, 2006, 16:46
Omg.. Didn't even notice that before you said it :D :D :D Hey, I see some sprites get a black square border, that happened on my old pc too, whats that stuff? :confused:

Its because I have not added in the alpha test to remove the mask on textures. Working on it today at lunch (its only a few lines to add).

They have a bottom racing game? Now that is just silly! j/k ;)

Automobile lambergini. One of my favorite n64 games & probably the only good game to ever come out of titus.

grin.ch
May 9th, 2006, 16:48
Titus?

Apoklepz
May 9th, 2006, 16:59
Looking good monkeyman! Thank god you and StrmnNrmn are hand in hand producing great stuff individualy but also together...hope that didn't make you guys sound gay :p ...Anyways I'm always glad to see that you two are making great progress, and I think I speak for at least 80% of PSP homebrew followers on this...You guys make me never want to upgrade...and that's saying a lot...with Tekken and MGS coming out in the future I think the best thing would be to save up on dough and finally consider getting myself another PSP...Hmmmm...My birthday is coming up soon so I'm open for donations XP.

Ziro
May 10th, 2006, 02:10
AT 1000FPS!!!! FULLY TEXTURED, FULL SOUND, ABLE TO PLAY PS4 AND XBOX 720 AND NINTENDO WIICUBE GAMES AND PS2 AND PS AND GENESIS AND SNES AND NES AND GBA AND GB AND XBOX 360 AND WII AND PS3 AND PC AND N64 AND GAMECUBE AND EVERYTHING ELSE!!!!!!

Of course. The PSP can do everything.
You forgot one thing: a toaster emulator
I'm waiting for the day my PSP can toast my bread.

Shadowblind
May 10th, 2006, 04:18
Of course. The PSP can do everything.
You forgot one thing: a toaster emulator
I'm waiting for the day my PSP can toast my bread.

oh, yup i forgot that.

mr_nick666
May 10th, 2006, 13:33
Bet you Fanjita is working on PSPhovis right now! lol :o

hockey2112
May 10th, 2006, 18:07
If that is indeed true, then why dont they offically team up together?

Because they are each working on their own projects. You don't just abandon something that you have been working on just to "team up". Get off of his nuts, man.