PDA

View Full Version : Sweet Homebrew Development

A_Username
May 9th, 2006, 02:22
Could somebody help me develope a chat messenger to use between the PSP and the DS, oh yeah and make it eloader compatible too.

yaustar
May 9th, 2006, 04:31
I dont think the DS scene has fully developed the Wifi TCP/IP stack yet.

edit: What the hell am I talking about here ?!?

Stewie2280
May 9th, 2006, 12:08
isnt that asking for a bit much

A_Username
May 10th, 2006, 01:02
It it is possible though considering that the eloader bock edition and TIFF loader now support Wifi, and the DS has that external Nintendo Wifi Antenna and the built in crappy messengar antenna, We'd have to put together a team or something, but I think with some major work we'd have our 15mins. of fame, because we'd break down the wall between the DS and the PSP Communicating, even if the DS had to have a homebrew client reciever/sender also. (Sorry about that first post being so crappy, I was nervous about this doctors appointment, I hate blood tests.)

I hope you'll join me in my dream App:

A_Username

kyle2194
May 10th, 2006, 02:20
The ds and psp can already communicate. So you arent breaking down any walls.

A_Username
July 27th, 2006, 16:47
The ds and psp can already communicate. So you arent breaking down any walls.

How??

yaustar
July 27th, 2006, 18:03
I believe now they both use the same TCP/IP stack (or at least complatible) in the homebrew world. Since TCP is standard, you can write a program for the two to communicate.

dalejrrocks
July 27th, 2006, 18:26
They can play tic-tac-toe between each other already.

N1ghtshade
July 27th, 2006, 21:12
http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=23082

^ the tictactoe game ^

psiko_scweek
July 31st, 2006, 15:46
that tic-tac-toe game was just really a proof of concept. a great idea, true, but i dont see how a messenger program between the DS and PSP would be helpful. just use AFKIM.

A_Username
August 22nd, 2006, 17:47
that tic-tac-toe game was just really a proof of concept. a great idea, true, but i dont see how a messenger program between the DS and PSP would be helpful. just use AFKIM.

Sweeet :D

Glynnder
August 24th, 2006, 19:13
someone could do something like port AFKIM to Ds...