PDA

View Full Version : PlayStation

goldensupersonic
May 9th, 2006, 04:50
Um when is one coming out is anyone even making one.

Kaiser
May 9th, 2006, 05:06
Pacmanfan is still working at it. I think.

goldensupersonic
May 9th, 2006, 05:08
I haven't heard from him in almost a year

kyle2194
May 9th, 2006, 05:35
Notice how he didnt even say emulator.

Cooe14
May 9th, 2006, 06:31
It came out like 10 years ago; where have you been frozen? :p

goldensupersonic
May 9th, 2006, 07:11
No I was in a coma for years.

V3N0M
May 9th, 2006, 09:21
i think someone else started up on making a new one i think its called PSXforall witch is going to be ported or made for the psp so now we will have a N64 emu and PS1 emu on the psp. All were missing now is a dreamcast(i'm not really fond of the game system) and AES oh and i have set up a thread specificaly looking for a coder that can help in making an AES emu for the psp if anyone can help or intrested check out my thread "Neo Geo AES-Looking for a talented coder"

pkmaximum
May 9th, 2006, 14:26
Dream Cast will never happen not even high end computers can emulatre it really well at this point

V3N0M
May 9th, 2006, 14:59
Dream Cast will never happen not even high end computers can emulatre it really well at this point

A little susprised i thought the dreamcast was similar to the PS1. But thats fine i never really liked the dreamcast. Not like the N64 and the PS1. As long as i get those i'm fine lol.

robotdevil
May 9th, 2006, 15:28
Specs are pretty high, and it's quite a bit younger than the PS1 too. It was WAY more powerfull than a PS1 (and the games show it). I'd agree that there never were too many good games for it. But it'd be pretty cool to have the original Tokyo Xtreme Racer on the PSP ;)

Cap'n 1time
May 9th, 2006, 17:35
A little susprised i thought the dreamcast was similar to the PS1. But thats fine i never really liked the dreamcast. Not like the N64 and the PS1. As long as i get those i'm fine lol.

In some ways the DC was more powerful than the PS2.

And PSX4all is probably being worked on by people in this very forum.. you know the snes4all, mame4all, neogeocd4all guys?

SSaxdude
May 10th, 2006, 23:06
The DC runs at 200 mhz, PS runs at 34 mhz, and the PS2 runs at 300 mhz. Playstation emulation is very possible on the PSP since N64 emulation is possible and the 64 is faster than the PS. DC and PS2 emulation on the PSP will be a dream. There is a PS emulator for the DC called Bleemcast m+ (its different than the one that would let you play GT2, Tekken, or Metal Gear.)

Cap'n 1time
May 11th, 2006, 04:57
STOP! the idea that one system is easier to emulate than another simply due to one being more powerfull is often very wrong! see sega saturn

Illegal Machine
May 11th, 2006, 06:23
I just wish someone would make an Intellivision emulator, and a Coleco emu.

then I could have the full major console history from Atari to N64.

robotdevil
May 11th, 2006, 14:16
There are many more things to a CPU than speed (especially in consoles).
Here is info on the SH-4 (Dreamcast) CPU:
http://www.segatech.com/technical/cpu/index.html
Here's for the PS2 (and a few other consoles):
http://www.fiercegaming.com/playstation2specs.shtml

I hope that better illustrates my point. I'm not here to start a console war (yet), just to stop people from saying "That's not possible!" Of course it's possible! It is, however, highly unlikely. Consoles (unlike PC's) are higly adaptive. When a game loads, the OS pretty much dissapears, leaving just the BIOS to address everything. That makes emulation on them a bit tricky, but allows for more with less too. Also, the fact that just about every console runs a RISC (if you ask I'll beat you, use google) processor makes them closer to eachother than they'd care to admit. Most of the difference between consoles is the way they handle data (with the exception of the XBOX, but I'll get into that later).
Example:
The Dreamcast had a PS2 emulator (I never had it, so I don't know how good it was). For all intents the Dreamcast is a 32bit system, with 64bit floating-point accuracy and memory bus and 128bit cache access. The PS2 is a 128bit fully scalar CPU (Can use 64/64 or 32/32/32/32 or combinations of 8/16/32/64). However, both are RISC processors making emulation of one on the other possible. The Dreamcast used a standard CPU from Hitachi meaning that it was well known in the developer community and therefore made for easy coding.

Well, I guess that's enough for this rant. Just wanted to illustrate that a console's power is NOT derived from their CPU clock frequency/main memory/etc.

Never say it's not possible, just do some research and say "not at this time"

jman420
May 11th, 2006, 20:59
thats right, even the GameCube runs on 30 Megabytes of RAM..

and another reason that it would be hard for a dreamcast emu is, the roms would be huge! The dreamcast uses GD-Rom's which are compact disc's that hold 1.2 Gigabytes of data, where as a CD-Rom holds about 700 MB, so that would be a lot of information to hold on your memory card..
doesent mater though, as the DC is impossible to emulate on a PSP... can anyone imagine just how hard it would be to program all the interupts for the on-chip utilities for the DC CPU... I dont think the world will ever see a DC emu on PSP, we'll see a XBOX Emulator on psp before that . . .

back to the point at hand, the PS1 wouldnt be so hard, as others have said, its not that complicated of a system, a 33.8 Mhz RISC CPU, and only 3.512 MB of ram, makes it fairly simple to set aside the required ammounts of work power.. still.. with Sony making their own emulator, as long as I can have multiple roms on a memory card, and I can download the games to my memory card to play them whenever (even if I dont have WiFi that day) I'll be happy enough with Sony's..

P.S. I do have a FirmWare 1.5 PSP, and I would have to buy another for the emulator, I wouldnt go from 1.5 to 3.0 :D

goldensupersonic
May 11th, 2006, 21:44
And yet theres no emu........

dreamer2050
May 16th, 2006, 07:16
sony showed their psp emulator on ridge racer 1 for psp in E3. when they release it is it possible to hack and just runany ps1 game

FrierTuck
May 27th, 2006, 01:16
so now we will have a N64 emu and PS1 emu on the psp. All were missing now is a dreamcast(i'm not really fond of the game system)

WTH!!! have you ever wondwered what this forum used to be souly about. Oh well, another example of how psp has slowly taken over this forum, and beofre anyone accuses me of psp hatred, i do own one that i do enjoy playing. Thats right, i said i enjoy playing psp.