PDA

View Full Version : PS3 accounts for 10% of BBC iPlayer viewing

wraggster
September 8th, 2009, 21:27
Since Sony's 3.0 firmware update for PS3, which added BBC's iPlayer to the XMB, the BBC has reported that PS3 "now accounts for a massive 10% of all iPlayer viewing."

"User response to our new iPlayer for PS3 has been amazing," said BBC's Anthony Rose. "Although it's less than a week since we launched, iPlayer on PS3 now accounts for a massive 10% of all iPlayer viewing, overtaking Mac (8.5%) to be our 2nd most popular platform for IP-delivered content.

"We'll have to wait and see whether this holds up in the coming weeks, but this enthusiastic reception makes it clear that users do want iPlayer on their TV - something that bodes well for Canvas and other IPTV propositions."

If you wonder why the screen dims every 20 minutes when you're watching it, here's what to do. "By default the PS3 screensaver kicks in after 20 minutes, dimming the screen right in the middle of your favourite programme. So you might want to disable the screensaver: Settings > Display Settings > Screensaver"

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=222843?cid=OTC-RSS&attr=CVG-General-RSS

Triv1um
September 8th, 2009, 21:38
I want to see a actual iPlayer App.

Not thought the shitty web browser.

Darksaviour69
September 8th, 2009, 22:23
how does it run, full screen? good res?

I would love the iplayer (and 4od) on the 360. So much handier to watch shooting stars

Triv1um
September 8th, 2009, 22:32
how does it run, full screen? good res?

I would love the iplayer (and 4od) on the 360. So much handier to watch shooting stars

Yes, its full screen in the browser.

It runs slow (It's not my connection, i'm 20mb), and the res isn't too bad.

If it was a app, i would be buzzing about it but meh.

Shrygue
September 8th, 2009, 23:20
Well at least it's a start, I'm sure old Sony could come up with a proper iPlayer app later on via the Playstation Store.

Darksaviour69
September 8th, 2009, 23:25
since ms are doing facebook, twitter and last.fm aps, hopfully they will do iplayer.... but i'll not hold my breath