PDA

View Full Version : PSP camera, voice chat and TV features confirmed

wraggster
May 9th, 2006, 06:46
Via CVG (http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=139240)

PSP will soon let you use voice-over-IP services, with a future upgrade adding voice chat support that'll let users cyber each other for free using the popular internet chat tool.

Sony is planning to launch 'RSS Video' for PSP too, letting you watch online video streams through the PSP browser. E3 will feature download pods where PSP owners can test this out by streaming a video of this very conference.

Finally, it also confirmed the much-rumoured PSP camera peripheral along with a GPS system, with Sony clearly copying the massively successful Gizmondo console's lead there.

PSP will not be seeing a redesign - these enhancements will be done via hardware and software upgrades. There is no "PSP2".

As for games to help counter the massive Nintendo DS popularity... Killzone Liberation was about the best of the bunch on show, bolstered by the announcement of a new budget range - for America at least - consisting of re-releases of Ape Escape, ATV Off-road Fury, Hot Shots Golf, Twisted Metal and Wipeout Pure.

Almost certainly in rubbish-looking boxes stamped "Greatest Hits".

Cooe14
May 9th, 2006, 06:49
Who would want to watch sony show off their over-hyped under-delivered piece of crap on their psp's?

vettacossx
May 9th, 2006, 09:35
who cares i want ps1....lol

Ichijoe
May 9th, 2006, 10:28
Well first off who knew that the Gizmondo was a "Successfull" Platform. If this wasn't such a Joke, I'd be like Gizmond-who!?!

Secondly off the news from E3 the PS3 should be on Store Shelves come the 17th of November 2006, for a whopping €499.00(EUR), for a crippleled 20Gib HDD version and another Hundred €599.00(EUR), for the full 60Gib HDD W/MS, SD & CF Cardreader(s) version.

Wow and I thought the 360° was pricey!!! Well for as near to €600.00(EUR), as not I think S0NY can keep it!!

shadowprophet
May 9th, 2006, 10:45

PSP will soon let you use voice-over-IP services, with a future upgrade adding voice chat support that'll let users cyber each other for free using the popular internet chat tool.

First off Cyber is kinda weird anyway:eek:

But secondly, If somone where to cyber in a game, I would wish for the to check the this chart I made,- Slap themslevs- And keep repeating the process untill the demons have left them:cool:

I would also like people to understand that this is a very forgiving chart. The real numbers are even scarier:eek:

*as you can clearly see, I wouldnt mess with those kinds of odds.
If final fantasy xi tought us nothing else, It was that there are plenty of weirdos out there lol

volcomfallen
May 9th, 2006, 11:49
Wait... what guys gonna mistake a guy for a girl in a voice chat???

Edshugeo
May 9th, 2006, 13:19

PSP will not be seeing a redesign - these enhancements will be done via hardware and software upgrades. There is no "PSP2".

That ought to stifle those rumors for a coupl'a months.
I hope.

MadMonkee
May 9th, 2006, 14:02
The young nerds are often mistaken for females in the Counter-Strike gaming habitat.

Voltron
May 9th, 2006, 14:33

I actually would have much preferred a "PSP2" hardware revision - I think people are going to be turned off by having to add all of these add ons to the PSP via screws, usb plugs, etc. It takes away from the best feature of the PSP... Portability.

I am glad that Sony is not leaving the PSP in the wind and are making continued efforts to expand it. I just wish more features would become available internally via firmware updates, use of memory stick PRO Duo, etc.

If Sony would accept the use of homebrew and start developing their own "Sony Brew" including the PS1 Emulator, I'm sure people would spend money on it.

I'm starting to think that the PS1 Emulator is going to be more PS3 based. Where you pay/download the games via Sony's new online service similar to XBOX LIVE. Then you can stream or move the PS1 EMU/GAME to the PSP from the PS3. Even that would not be all that bad but only time will tell.

For now, I'm more than satisfied with a 1.50 PSP.

vettacossx
May 9th, 2006, 18:12
as for taking away portability..;) .STREAMING a emu from the ps3 is virtually worthless for on the go..:rolleyes: ..i want my ff7 godanmit:D

,- Slap themslevs- And keep repeating the process (:eek: lmao) untill the demons have left them:cool:

you make every day here better shadow..:) .I nominate U for FUUNIEST member @ dcemu...:p ..roflmao...

its always a pleasure with good old shadow around!!:cool:

Emeriastone
May 9th, 2006, 18:16
Yay, maybe a reason to upgrade! (yeah right...)

IndianCheese
May 9th, 2006, 20:13
No PSP2? Aww, man!