PDA

View Full Version : Metal Gear goes 70s for new PSP game

wraggster
May 9th, 2006, 16:06
News Via CVG (http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=139257)

Metal Gear Solid man Hideo Kojima has revealed details of a new Metal Gear Solid game on PSP via an audio blog, which will leap six years on from Metal Gear Solid 3 into 1970.

However, those expecting Snake to bring out the flares and Bee Gees CDs can think again - the game is reportedly much more of an action-based title than its card-based PSP bro' Metal Gear Acid, with main character The Big Boss (not from the Bruce Lee film) charged with bringing down the renegade unit Fox. Where plotline finishes, Metal Gear Solid 4 is then due to kick off.

Despite the promise of 'action', the gameplay still hints at something considerably different to the familiar stealth-y adventures. You'll get to control a squad of troops, leading them into skirmishes, where victories will enable you to collect further troops - bizarrely described by Kojima-san as like "collecting marbles".

Word is that each troop will boast their own individual attributes and style. The gameplay is tailored to ensure that you engage enemies with caution and care, as unlike other squad-style games, 'dead' men don't come back. It's realistic, this one.

There is no release date for the unnamed title as yet, but we're tightly keeping our fingers crossed for a glutton of screens and info in the very near future. Call us optimistic, young people.

vettacossx
May 9th, 2006, 18:04
i like old ps1 style metal gear....this whole card thing from the acid series was so gay and pokemon like....WTF

thanx to the first 2 releases i have less respect for the creator of metal gear Hideo Kojima

i feel like he didnt take the psp seriously....WTF happen??

highestgrade
May 9th, 2006, 22:27
he tried to invent a new style whats wrong with that? i know some people around here love the Acid series alot, unlike myself.

but i do not lose respect for a director just because he decided to expand the MG world.

back on topic this new game looks like it might something fun

acn010
May 9th, 2006, 22:41
coming soon 2007.
crap