PDA

View Full Version : Announcing the Sylverant PSO Server Project

BlueCrab
September 10th, 2009, 02:19
Even though the day is almost over, and its not exactly what I was planning for the occasion of 9/9/09, I'd like to announce the Sylverant PSO Server Project.

Basically, Sylverant is an open-source Phantasy Star Online server written for Unix-like operating systems (Linux and Mac OS X are where it has been tested so far). My original plan was to have a fully-functional server running today, however a rather nasty bug exists when running the server under Linux, and the machine I'm running the server on runs Linux (thanks to GrizzlyAdams for use of the machine); so no running server today, sorry.

Anyway, if you care to know more and read about the project, visit http://sylverant.twihb.net/ . The current source code is available from the Google Code project linked to from there.

mdlmemorybank
September 10th, 2009, 09:17
ooo,how interesting,now if i could just get my dreamcasts onlline online again :(
thanks for the heads up though :D

XDelusion
September 10th, 2009, 18:11
This is awesome, though I'd really like to have some software to set up my own server.

Regardless, this is great news!!!!

Segata Sanshiro
September 11th, 2009, 09:40
Thats great... i have a BBA, but never managed to connect to any of the homebrew servers neither with my original PSOv2 or the hacked one with the IPs preconfigured. I can get online though, XDP works and Quake3 works.

So i'll be happy to try it out.