PDA

View Full Version : New 2D, HD Sonic Coming In 2010

wraggster
September 11th, 2009, 16:12
Sonic the Hedgehog is going back to his roots, but with a fresh coat of HD paint. 'An all-new 2D side-scrolling High Definition Sonic game is coming with a 2010 release date, according to a new teaser trailer from Sega.' Sega's Ken Ballough had this to say: 'Old-school Sonic fans have long asked to see Sonic return to a more 2D style of gameplay. Many liked the daytime stages in Unleashed but wanted to see a game that plays purely similar to the early games of the Genesis. Project Needlemouse is that critical first step that brings Sonic back to his 2D roots.

http://games.slashdot.org/story/09/09/11/0318225/New-2D-HD-Sonic-Game-Coming-In-2010

symbal
September 11th, 2009, 16:32
I want Sonic Adventure 3.

ojdon
September 11th, 2009, 17:15
Old Sega PCM Sound + 2D Sonic?

Please don't be misleading Sega.

JDvorak
September 11th, 2009, 17:58
This will probably look very 3D in the backgrounds but have 2D side scrolling platform magic. I still play my GBA Genesis Sonic all the time. I love it. Even the updated 2D versions for NDS were crap! I say bring it on Sega!!!

fpcreator2000
September 11th, 2009, 20:24
A little weary about a new Sonic game since all the crap that has been released, but looking forward to a game that goes back to the "GENESIS/MEGADRIVE" roots.

No gimmicks SEGA! Collect rings, chaos emeralds, super sonic. Throw in a couple of furry friends for alternate routes (a la Sonic 3 & Knuckles) and call it a day. Sonic is mean to run super fast, not half-ass fast. That how the GBA games felt (half-ass fast).

gumgod
September 11th, 2009, 20:50
yay for 2D. Maybe metroid developers will get the idea now...

Shadowblind
September 11th, 2009, 21:22
Hmmm, 2D? Gimme Sonic the Hedgehog 4 :D

SA3 would be fantastic too, but it was great in full 3D.

osgeld
September 11th, 2009, 21:55
Project Needlemouse is that critical first step that brings Sonic back to his 2D roots.

OMG, this is a video game, not a heroin junky, what "steps" does sonic need

or in other words JUST DO IT already

The above quoted line just makes me feel like SEGA really really really doesnt want to drop the "direction" the series is in now, instead kinda giving in to shut up the fans while still going down that long road that really should have ended after sonic adventure (which I did not really care for but alot of people do)

Anyway Ill keep an eye out on this, and the second I hear sonic speak like a 7 year old girl, while being drowned in J-pop-rock-crap, while chasing warehogs .....