PDA

View Full Version : The Mythical Downgrader

wraggster
May 10th, 2006, 00:49
Via Fanjita: (http://noobz.eu/)

We've been hearing a lot of rumours and questions about downgraders recently. It seems that someone has been spreading a rumour that we have made a downgrader for v2.01+, but won't release it because we don't like downgraders. We'd like to just set the record straight, because it's getting annoying.

We would never hold back on an interesting hack for the PSP, without good reason. That's because, generally, we'd never work on something that we didn't think was safe to release - which is why we've never bothered to mess about with ISO loading.

We do have an unreleased downgrader for v2.0. The only reason it is unreleased is because there's no point - there are already perfectly functional downgraders for v2.0, that have been tested by tens of thousands of people, so what's the use of releasing something that's only been tested by one? In theory, that v2.0 downgrader would also work for v2.01 - in fact, it was originally written for 2.01, in the hope that we could use the GTA exploit to downgrade. But as we all know, the GTA exploit is no use for that, and so no v2.01+ downgrader is possible yet.

The only thing I can think of that might have fuelled these rumours is that we were experimenting with the v2.0 downgrader along with the UPDATE-mode discovery, but we found that that also does not have write access to flash0, so can't be used for a downgrader.

Also, some people seem to think that we're in some way opposed to downgraders, in the same way that we're opposed to ISO loaders. That's just not true - we believe that everyone has the right to upgrade and downgrade as they please (but at their own risk). If we found a way to downgrade, you can be sure that we'd share it.

Anyway, enough of the conspiracy rumours - please stop!

tedou
May 10th, 2006, 01:11
hummmmmmmm fanjita

Shilo
May 10th, 2006, 01:53
Some people can be just plain stupid!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad: I can't belive they would think that you all are against downgraders when there is one on the front page!!!!!!!!!!! :mad:

Emeriastone
May 10th, 2006, 02:01
Ditlew, Fanjita would never lead me astray. They have my trust for now and always. Rumors don't work on me.

djakku
May 10th, 2006, 02:33
isn't the guys at PSP3D who pretend to have a WIP downgrader? Anyway, It may sound selfish but i don't care, people should just stop upgrading their firmware thats all... And if something pop out, then you can start asking question... Oh well, just another rumour.. We are getting use to it, aren't we :confused:

gotmilk0112
May 10th, 2006, 03:05
whoever started the rumor is a mega ŇǾǾ|3 !!!!
xD :D

and theres no truth in the "omg fanjita is mad @ 2.70 so hes going to make iso loader" rumor. (THE RUMOR IS A L!3)

Cap'n 1time
May 10th, 2006, 03:37
sigh. we deal with all these stupid kids and their alpha numeric slang all day.. "OMG DONKEY64" this OMG DOWNGRADER!" that. you know their is a place you retarded kids can go.. Its called hell >:) and if that place is too full, you can always go leave user messages on pspupdates.. please dont bother us though. thanks!

emuking
May 10th, 2006, 04:18
oh my god i go to pspupdates,nooooo!,but only once in a while though

djakku
May 10th, 2006, 04:46
I deleted it from my bookmarks a few month ago, when I open my eyes :eek: :D

Voltron
May 10th, 2006, 05:09
I don't care about any rumors. Fanjita & Ditlew have established themselves as key contributors to the PSP scene and their work will never be forgotten and always be appreciated.

Thank you for the 1000th time Fanjita & Ditlew for everything.........

shadowhawk22
May 10th, 2006, 06:25
I don't think any site should be against any programs, unless blatently illegal. I find it annoying when people spread rumors as well, and I am glad you all have taken the initiative saying that there is no such program to date. However, I feel that you shouldn't hold back programs that boot Iso's either. Being a site that gives PSP news you should simply give the news, and not involve your opinions. I think people tend to flock, and follow news providers that provide news, and not opinionized news choices. I know some people don't like ISO loaders, but I still feel these things should be presented int he same manor other programs are... Just my opinion...

,Cheers

.:PSP1.0:.
May 10th, 2006, 08:01
I think i can honestly say that most of these rumors would of prob been started by young teens who have just discovered the PSP scene and not use to getting there own way, thats why they spread rumors and constantly email Fanjita with their complaints, because the more mature users and the users that have been been in the scene for a while have come to terms with the fact that there might never be v2.1+ downgrader.. Anyway just something for Fanjita and Ditlew to keep in the back of their minds just to remind them that we as a PSP comunity are not all ungrateful for their hard work! :D

acn010
May 10th, 2006, 08:05
meh, some people are jealous, and greedy at time, but sooner or later they will get caught with the truth............

.:PSP1.0:.
May 10th, 2006, 09:15
Here here brother! :)

mr_nick666
May 10th, 2006, 12:55
It is a shame people forget all the hard work they put into the homebrew we enjoy daily :(
Thanks guys and f*ck the rumours! ;)

Timale-Kun
May 10th, 2006, 13:25
I wasn't aware about this rumour before I saw it on noobz.eu people definetly have some time to waste to make such thing, 'cuz it really leads nowhere

vettacossx
May 10th, 2006, 19:40
ALL MY OWN PREDICTIONS BUT..

fanjita and ditlew have a exploit waiting to be unleashed..however if we know ne hing about these clever chaps its that timing is key in these matters ....do you rally think that any SMART person in the right mind would bother to cack a firmeware and waste a good explot for 2.7 when its only REAL features ancient flash!! if you read the context clus i think it kinda says it all...JUST WAIT FOR 3.0

this was a copy and paste from fanjita web site

We have no idea when homebrew will be available on v2.7. We need a whole new exploit, which could take some time. In our opinion (shared with EdisonCarter) there is no future for the GTA exploit on v2.7.
LocoRoco is an encrypted, signed EBOOT. The only way to run homebrew in the same way is to get Sony's encryption key and sign the homebrew. That's not going to be possible in our lifetime.
There could well be an exploit to be found in all the new function, e.g. flash player, AAC support, etc. We're not actively working on one. "YEAH OK"
There might be an exploit to be found in another game. We're not actively working on one.
There's no truth in the rumour that v2.7 has made us angry, and that we're going to work on an ISO loader as revenge.
The LocoRoco demo REQUIRES v2.70, even if you hack the PARAM.SFO in the EBOOT. ;) It's pretty cool;) (some one likes a challange huh?), but there's homebrew that's cooler.

THE IMPORTANT PART

Once again, the most important point: If you don't think that slow support for an old version of Macromedia Flash, and support for the very latest games, is worth trading for homebrew for the next few months - then DO NOT UPGRADE.

akagi
May 10th, 2006, 21:48
some people might be pissed that they have 2.7 psp and are unable to play homebrew oh well i guess it's not worth hacking at this time

acn010
May 10th, 2006, 23:28
its possible though, there can be an exploit on the web browser or can be on flash player thingy. but they have to manage how to make one and test it out (its just a saying, im not sure if it can be true). but anyways in the future there will be an exploit for 2.7 PSP's