PDA

View Full Version : Ebootr 1.0.3540.37398

wraggster
September 12th, 2009, 03:07
An interesting release from indrora (http://forums.qj.net/psp-development-forum/157832-update-ebootr-second-qj-release.html)

Ebootr 1.0.3540.37398
"A kick in the pants"

*** WARNING ***
This is BETA QUALITY SOFTWARE. Because I am human, I make misteaks, and because I make mistakes, there will be bugs that pop up from time to time. So far, I've had no problems generating valid EBOOTs. Test your EBOOTs before you distribute them if you make them with my app! I take no responsibility for any damage that may result from using this, kay?

Back for another round of AWESOME. Ebootr round 2 is here, and better than ever.

I've updated the interface a little, and fixed some things.
Read the documentation from the help menu for the complete changelog, but here's the basic gist:

- Fixed some bug where when you save the same file you'd get an overwrite message, but the Eboot stored in memory would still be lashed to the open tab (via a file handle) and it would crash. Thanks Yammata684 for the bug report
- Made saving a bit more... tolerable. I'm working on something behind the curtains, but dont worry it wont break anything.
- Checking against the MAGIC bytes of several files (Everything but DATA.PSAR)
- warning if there is no Data.PSP and Param.SFO (I force making "playable" pbp's)
- warning if SND0.AT3 and ICON1.PMF are too big (>500K, give or take)
- Added warning of "You really want to exit?" when you hit exit or try to close the window.

This revision includes the source code. When you build it, it will *not* have the same build ID -- This is because I use the AssemblyInfo generated by VS08. The app itself is written in C# 3 (no linq) and can be compiled using either Visual Studio 2008 or SharpDevelop 3.1 (some of the newer betas) if you edit the file to look like a VS05 file. I've done my best to write solid comments, but dont rely on
this code for learning -- unless you want to learn how to write really wonky applications.

Cheers,
Indrora.

A credit that was ignored last time:
The icon is from Windows 7/Vista and is copyright Microsoft.

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

osgeld
September 12th, 2009, 04:52
wonderful, i have never heard of this software and have no idea what it does except kick you in the pants

Mind telling us wtf it does? instead of posting a totally meaningless changelog?

Jinx1337
September 12th, 2009, 16:20
It's an eboot unpacker/repacker.

Quite good at that too!

paranoid
October 10th, 2009, 17:28
Does this need some particular .NET or something? Totally locks up my computer.