PDA

View Full Version : Memory Stick PRO Duo 4GB

wraggster
May 10th, 2006, 16:45
New Accessory from Lik Sang:

http://image.lik-sang.com/images//170/sandisk-memstick-4g.jpg

SanDisk’s Memory Stick PRO Duo is half the size of a standard-size Memory Stick PRO media and it offers the same technologies including high speed data transfer, built-in MagicGate, and high capacities. The Memory Stick PRO Duo is the ideal solution for the most portable devices such as pocket-size digital cameras and with the use of an optional Adaptor, it can be used in all PRO-compatible devices. Compatible with Sony PSP.

More info Here --> http://www.lik-sang.com/info.php?products_id=9056&lsaid=219793

At the price of 279 Dollars its a tad expensive, better to buy From Success HK for 190 Dollars (http://www.success-hk.com/affiliatewiz/aw.asp?B=131&A=50&Task=Click)

shadowprophet
May 10th, 2006, 16:48
I cant say I dig the color tho :o
But still Nice :D

Voltron
May 10th, 2006, 17:13
Yes, once the Ultra II or Extreme III versions of these come out. I definitely could use a 4GB. Would help out a lot. My 2GB is great but with all that the PSP can do now, the extra space will be needed soon.

John Vattic
May 10th, 2006, 18:33
the 2 gb gaming sandisks are available at j&r jr.com.
and they're only 79.99usd. so two 2 gig would only be 160usd.
if you're like me and don't mind switching a card. it would be much cheaper.

Emeriastone
May 10th, 2006, 18:37
One day they will be dirt cheap.

CoderX
May 10th, 2006, 18:41
One day they will be dirt cheap.

year 2010 :p

vettacossx
May 10th, 2006, 19:09
;) i just picked up a HIGH SPEED version of the SONY official 1GIG pro Duo for 39.99 :eek:
on e-bay! :D cant wait for the 8 gig then ill pick up these 4 gigs for 60-8o-:cool: bucks patients does pay off!:rolleyes:

V3N0M
May 10th, 2006, 19:44
Theres no way i'm waiting for it. I gonna buy it as soon as i have enough money. I came very close to buying a Datel 4 gig harddrive. Glad i didn't do that. I would rather get the 8 gig. But then u need to update. So for homebrew 4gig is the highest u can go without updating. I HOPE A CODER WILL MAKE AN APP TO FIX THE PSP SO WE CAN GET A 8GIG TO WORK WITHOUT UPATING.

cal360
May 10th, 2006, 19:53
think of all the homebrew games and apps you can get on that!!!!!!!

Voltron
May 10th, 2006, 23:07
Yes, I hope a workaround or fix can be found or exploited. An 8.0GB Pro DUO & a 1.50 PSP would be one killer combo.

I've heard talks that it may be possible by using partitioning but as far as I know, nobody has their hands on an 8.0GB as of yet to start experimenting.

What kind of logic went behind the decision to put a 4.0GB cap on an extremely multimedia capable DIGITAL device such as the PSP. iPod's are up to 60GB and they are mostly just used for music & video. Something like the PSP should have at least 10-20GB of storage.

Owell, I'm sure the day will come when an affordable internal storage solution presents itself. Time always yields good things for the PSP.

stotheamuel
May 10th, 2006, 23:20
voltron... i agree but....

Games are around a half a megabite to 1 megabite
Movies are large but... they would rather people buy umds.
They don't like homebrew (especialy iso's which are large)
Idk about music.... they probobly have some half-ass reason

acn010
May 10th, 2006, 23:38
[B]SCREW YOU ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! muahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!
well 4GB is good but ill wait for the 8GB, if its possible that sony sells a 32GB from there stores "ILL GO FOR IT!!!!!!!!!!!!" but it will cost around $6200.00 USD (i just calculate the average price)
he he.........

V3N0M
May 10th, 2006, 23:55
Well the reason there waiting to release the 8 gig is because the price to make this newish technology the price will go down with time. Oh and ACN010 if u have homebrew or want to keep your Homebrew do not get the 8 gig because otherwise u will need to update and then no more homebrew. This is because the psp has a max of 4 gigs any higher and it wont render it. This can be fixed with an update but as i said, update = No homebrew. I HOPE SOMEONE WILL MAKE AN APP TO MAKE THE 8 GIG CARD WORK WITHOUT UPDATING.

slaphappygamer
May 11th, 2006, 00:47
wonder if the load time in the 4g stick is the same as datels 4g thingy?

Harshboy
May 11th, 2006, 02:04
*Looks at money in wallet1 40 bucks! Dang...but wait. Whats this!?!? A paycheck for 60 bucks! Hmm...40+60=100!* 2 GB it is!

F9zDark
May 11th, 2006, 02:12
I just buckled and ordered a 4 gig MS from Success-HK.

Will tell you all how it stands up.

And waiting for an 8 gig memstick is not wise, as been said before, PSP firmware currently works with only 4 gigs. Anything higher than that is not recognized.

If there was a way to partition a MS, maybe that could solve the problem, but I doubt the PSP's GUI could handle partitioned memory sticks and would probably only display 1 memstick.

V3N0M
May 11th, 2006, 02:58
wonder if the load time in the 4g stick is the same as datels 4g thingy?

Its diffentaly going to faster than datel. Thats a fact.lol so don't worry about that it might be a little slower than other mem cards but not much.

V3N0M
May 11th, 2006, 03:01
Someone needs to make an app to solve the 4 gig max problem so everyone can get an 8 gig. lol rather than buying two 4 gigs to gett that space.

Illegal Machine
May 11th, 2006, 06:20
I want that red one that I just saw on another site...

looks awesome.

But my thoughts on the whole 8 gig card are:

1. When someone figures out how to dump the firmware of whatever version that supports 8 gig cards, then andother person will make a PSPset like program so the 1.5 users can flash the file into thier firmware.

2. HOPEFULLY, some incredible person is going to crack the PSX emulator, and allow everyone to run emulators galore with FULL kernel access and 8 gig card support.

either way, I'm happy

Andraik
May 12th, 2006, 06:42
I NEED one...damn you 32 mb memory card, DAMN YOU!!