PDA

View Full Version : PSMoz 1.0

Raydar
May 10th, 2006, 17:13
One thing that the PSP does not have... a Mosquito repellant? Well now it does!

This is a simple package which will turn your PSP into a fully featured mosquito deflector. It is designed to be simple to use and is as such presented in an audio file.

When activated, this package makes your PSP emit an ultra high pitched sound which will repell mosquitos and similar small insects. It should work best indoors so is ideal for those summer nights!

RAYDAR :cool:

P.s. THIS IS NOT A JOKE!

DOwnload and Give Feedback Via Comments

The_Ultimate_Eggman
May 10th, 2006, 17:41
LMAO well im gonna be the sad git who tries it im off on holiday soon.If iI get bitten to pieces can I sue the writter lol ???.

shadowprophet
May 10th, 2006, 17:59
I Was just asking myself the other day, I said Shadow you know what the psp needs?
And I was like what :confused:
Cause if I didnt answer myself, well that would just be rude :p

Then I said a Mosquito repellant:D

Once again my homebrew prayers have been answered :cool:

Btw on a side note, Is this some kind of joke?
could this possibly work ?
And im not saying the idea isnt possible.
But what I am saying is the speakers on the psp arnt capible of playing sounds with such a high freq are they :confused:

At any rate weather it works or not, This is just the king of kings of novelty homebrew :cool:
Im so all over this :D

Apoklepz
May 10th, 2006, 18:03
Does this include flies as well??? I live near the beach and everytime I get back home from work I find at least 3 or four flies inside the house...the really pesky get in your face and orifice kind of flies too...God how I hate that frikkin buzz they emit in your ear...Why in hell did you have to create such a bothersome animal God?...Why?

Man, I'm telling you I've tried everything exept those lights that fry em up...That just leads to more cleaning up and higher electricity bills, and I sure as heck don't want that...I even put up a brand new set of tight seal window screens last month, and I even tightly secured my entrance door so no gap was left when it is closed...You could even go as far as saying that my house is air-tight, like a frikkin collector's edition golden-age comic book.LOL...Honestly, I leave home every morning to go to work and the last thing I do is turn off the A/C...When I get back home at night, the house is still cool even when the A/C was turned off 10 hours ago...and I live in frikkin Miami in the middle of the beach & it's SUMMER already!!! Explain to me if that's air-tight or what...but still, those pesky flies still manage to get in...& no, I do not house garbage that's more than a day old.

All I'm getting from this file is a little static noise...are you for real?

Anyways...I'll give it a test tonight.

Mr. Shizzy
May 10th, 2006, 18:23
Hey what's with all the sarcasm? This is pretty damn creative. And I'm sure that it must work at least to an extent b/c no one would waste there time coding it if if didn't. Plus I live in upstate N.Y. so Ill give it a try---if it's effective than this is one more cool trick my "Swiss Army PSP" can pull.

jason867
May 10th, 2006, 18:24
I know for a fact that certain high pitch sounds can somewhat repel mosquitos and other small insects. However, it never has worked very well. While the psp speakers should be able to emit that high of a frequency, they may not be loud enough to make any noticable effect

Emeriastone
May 10th, 2006, 18:36
You sure you know which frequency repels misquitos?

not here anymore
May 10th, 2006, 18:36
lol funniest homebrew available on PSP ever
Excellent man, i had a great laugh :D
I wonder if it does work though, gonna test it when those bloodsuckers show up ^^
See you,

TSR

Raydar
May 10th, 2006, 19:13
Actually, although it is something of a laugh, this is designed to work. I don't know exactly how effective this will be but I'm confident that the high frequency sound is loud enough and therefore should add some sort of protection!

RAYDAR ::cool::

cal360
May 10th, 2006, 19:49
its a good idea and it could be pretty useful. Has anyone tried this out yet?

pdogg
May 10th, 2006, 20:03
make sure to add "anti-wife-frequencies" in the next update, plz ...

Apoklepz
May 10th, 2006, 20:49
Hey what's with all the sarcasm? This is pretty damn creative. And I'm sure that it must work at least to an extent b/c no one would waste there time coding it if if didn't. Plus I live in upstate N.Y. so Ill give it a try---if it's effective than this is one more cool trick my "Swiss Army PSP" can pull.

I don't know if you posted at me or at prophet, but I was serious and not sarcastic about my post...
I really do have a in-house problem with flies.
I was just wondering if this was real, cuz all there is in the file is an mp3 of a couple of seconds of static.

Not to diss on you Raydar but I don't consider this homebrew...If anything I can make a "Human Repellent for PSP" by recording a whole minute of annoying yells, grunts and whines and make it into a mp3 file, so anti-social people can have their way with a couple of speakers and a PSP.

elputo
May 10th, 2006, 20:56
...make something useful next time

Eleetist
May 10th, 2006, 20:57
If this works half as well as the symbian version of this program then I'm sold, and the sound that the program on symbian versions made was really not that intrusive and incredibly effective. Laugh all you want, this is a great addition to PSP homebrew and it makes me regret my N-gage a bit less. As for other concerns, if a mobile phone's speakers can handle the sounds, I don't think the PSP will have a problem, as it's effectiveness is not based on volume.

Edit for Elputo: take the advice in your own sig next time moron, I don't see you coding anything "useful".

cato`
May 10th, 2006, 20:58
...make something useful next time
...post something useful next time.

I think this is really creative too. In our cabbin we use a box that works like this program to scare off mice.

aries2k4
May 10th, 2006, 21:52
Hey this is great. I had seen a program of this for the pc somewhere but didnŽt pick it up before I forgot the site. IŽll be trying this out. the little buggers are already out in force where I live. there attracted to my pc screen. This looks like another job for my mighty PSP, lol

under_0ath777
May 10th, 2006, 21:53
lol funniest homebrew available on PSP ever
Excellent man, i had a great laugh :D
I wonder if it does work though, gonna test it when those bloodsuckers show up ^^
See you,

TSR

actually the funniest one was the "LEGAL!!" psp antivirus which was actually screenshots and if it was actually works it would sccan the flash mem not the memory stick

mog
May 10th, 2006, 22:04
LOL... nice idea for an easy homebrew.
I recon you will need extra speakers/amplification to make this actually work tho...
The psp speakers won't be loud enough to do anything.

fire666
May 10th, 2006, 22:25
if such a programm is possible and if it's not based on volume, we can imagine the same for bringing back dogs, birds, cats, elephants, maybe you can find an underwater case to repeal fishes, or better BAD WAVES :) :) :) :)

SSaxdude
May 10th, 2006, 22:47
Somebody create a brown noise transmitter, please.

acn010
May 10th, 2006, 23:59
its true about frecuencies that repel mosquitos, in korea, there cellphones that were testeted with high frecuency waves to repel mosquitos (i just saw 3 phones with that function), and i actually saw the testing part and it actually works, if this has the exact frecuency, its an excellent homebrew no joke( im not joking) i can give credit for this, and thank you for the program.

Andraik
May 11th, 2006, 00:28
LMAO wow this is cool, even if it doesn't work this is very creative and if it does work, GREAT JOB!

nigelrigel
May 11th, 2006, 02:02
lmao- this better work- i know a place wher ther r 100's of mosquitos
lol- i will confirm the workabilty of this app

Mr. Shizzy
May 11th, 2006, 03:49
I don't know if you posted at me or at prophet, but I was serious and not sarcastic about my post...
I really do have a in-house problem with flies.
I was just wondering if this was real, cuz all there is in the file is an mp3 of a couple of seconds of static.

Not to diss on you Raydar but I don't consider this homebrew...If anything I can make a "Human Repellent for PSP" by recording a whole minute of annoying yells, grunts and whines and make it into a mp3 file, so anti-social people can have their way with a couple of speakers and a PSP.

Wasn't targeting you in specific bro. Couldn't tell if you were being sarcastic or not. Post was partially in anticipation of others being negetive and sarcastic. The way I feel is if don't be too critical of apps and homebrew in general. If you don't like it' don't download it. But the last thing we want to do is suppress creativity. These coders & hackers don't owe us a thing. They do it for the love of games. It's our underground community -vs- SONY; & were on the same team.

uhoh_hotdogs
May 11th, 2006, 06:39
Excellent. I'll try this out when I get the chance. As of now, no pests yet.

shadowprophet
May 11th, 2006, 06:51
Wasn't targeting you in specific bro. Couldn't tell if you were being sarcastic or not. Post was partially in anticipation of others being negetive and sarcastic. The way I feel is if don't be too critical of apps and homebrew in general. If you don't like it' don't download it. But the last thing we want to do is suppress creativity. These coders & hackers don't owe us a thing. They do it for the love of games. It's our underground community -vs- SONY; & were on the same team.

People are so quick to jump to defend or attack somthing, lol

Im not so two tone about things:o
My Sarcastic plea was not in relation to the homebrew specificly.
The thing is, Im very careful of what I put on my psp and yes I believe that this program does what he sais it does.
However people should ask questions when there not sure.
I mean thers a lot of ideas out there that would work on your psp but could potential cause harm to it at the same time. Dont just throw anything on you machine ;)
For instance the questions I have, Is will this ultra high frequency harm my psp speakers which are already very quiet to begin with.
People should ask questions if there not sure and not really be concerned on how others will take them as being sarcastic or negitive:p
The answers never come unless people ask. Thats a fact of life :cool:

mexicansnake
May 11th, 2006, 20:12
youre my hero lol!!