PDA

View Full Version : TVSP 0.2a - Free Location Free TV viewer for PSP

wraggster
May 10th, 2006, 17:22
Lok Tai (http://www.afung.com/tvsp/) has released a new verson of TVSP - allowing you to watch TV on your PSP anywhere so long as you have a WiFi connection!

Whats new:

I've rid the need to set the pixelWidth to 320. This should make the server much much much more compatible with other video cards. (Hope this helps all you folks, thanks...no sleep *grumble*)

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

neoridge
May 10th, 2006, 18:00
so is this like a homebrew viewer made for the psp or does it work with the locationfree viewer already instaled on the psp in the recent updates?

neoridge
May 10th, 2006, 18:00
i have 2.7 so will it work on that or is it only ment for 1.5 or something

neoridge
May 10th, 2006, 18:03
and if it does work on 2.7 an install faq would help

Eleetist
May 10th, 2006, 18:28
No it won't work on retarded 2.7, it's homebrew and streams TV tuner card content through wifi.

vettacossx
May 10th, 2006, 19:04
is this a newtwork wi-fi or ad-hoc kinda wi-fi do you need a location free player or just a tv tuner card and wi-fi......sorry dont know alot about wi-fi connecting to the pc.....but id like to get what i need to use this app....a guide for a app like this would be a gr8 addition to kaisers homebrew guide!

Q: what equpment do i need?
Q:about how much...approximently will a tv tuner and wi-fi router cost?

thanx in advance for the info im kinda lost here

Amiga
May 10th, 2006, 19:10
still doesnt work with my capture card :(

Supermario123456789
May 10th, 2006, 20:06
why is nobody posting a guide for that app! :mad: please POST IT :D

F9zDark
May 10th, 2006, 20:57
Unfortunately DScaler doesn't work well on my machine, so I can't test this out (locks up while scanning for channels).

For those complaining about not having a FAQ:

Required Firmware: 1.50 (1.00 not tested)

Needed hardware: PSP, TV Tuner Card, Wireless Router (to provide a connection between PSP and Computer running the TV Server).

Needed Programs: PSTV, DScaler

Steps:

1) Download Dscaler from http://www.dscaler.org

2) Install Dscaler and setup so it works with your TV Tuner Card

3) Download PSTV

4) Install PSTV to your 1.50 PSP. Then open the PSTV directory and open PSTV.ini and edit the IP address in the file to your computer's IP address(that is running Dscaler), save and exit.

5) Copy DIEvenLines.dll to your DScaler directory, default C:\Program Files\Dscaler

6) Run Dscaler and enable "Even Scanlines Only" option on Deinterlace menu.

7) Turn on PSP and run PSTV and hope that it works.

Davidov
May 10th, 2006, 21:02
In the readme supplied with the download up there it tells you exactly what u need to do.
Its about half way down the doc.

You need to download a program called DScaler 4 (which i think the author made) and u need a TV Card in ur pc.

SO basically it streams the TV signal picked up from the Tuner card thru your Wifi access point to the psp.
I think Its for 1.5 firmware only since the package has the % folder as well as the folder with the data eboot. But try it out.

Obviously not for 2.7 since no homebrew apps work on that at the mo.

mavsman4457
May 10th, 2006, 21:29
hey people, think about this. search, think, then ask questions. the installation and instructions can be easily found in the "readme" file. thank you very much Lok Tai, great so far. What features do you hope to implement into this program in the future?

mog
May 10th, 2006, 22:10
Required Firmware: 1.50 (1.00 not tested)I hope it works on 1.00, i've never found anywhere to use wi-fi yet, but if i do i will test it... sounds great.

LazerTag
May 10th, 2006, 22:16
Bummer I was hopeful for sound on this next version. Kind of unsettling to only hear the gurgling of the water beneath me. :eek: j/k

Any updates are welcome. Can't wait to retest with my ATI x800 card again.

acn010
May 11th, 2006, 00:11
it just streams video from the computer from a graphic card sending via wi-fi.
(no good for me)

Andraik
May 11th, 2006, 00:26
Cool, looking forward to trying it out, good job!

Mr. Shizzy
May 11th, 2006, 03:31
If and when this thing gets sound it will be the bomb. I'll keep checking back...

mavsman4457
May 14th, 2006, 04:56
can you still watch tv on this if you are on the internet through a router that is not connected to you computer? in other words, can you watch your tv while you're in a different state?

mavsman4457
May 20th, 2006, 19:43
just a suggestion, you should make it so you can play already recorded or downloaded video files that are on the computer using the open file tab on dscaler. that would make this the ultimate program.

under_0ath777
May 22nd, 2006, 05:17
I hope it works on 1.00, i've never found anywhere to use wi-fi yet, but if i do i will test it... sounds great.

works with the eLoader but haven't tried actually using it but it launched

minik182
May 28th, 2006, 08:45
Ok, so this thing works wherever you have a WiFi connection...even if it's not your house...I'll buy a tuner card but how do I know it is compatible! Plz help me, I want to have this for the World Cup!

mauro2029
March 5th, 2007, 16:01
This app is cool, shame it has no sound though. I use it regularly when I have to go to the can but I don't want to miss a show I'm watching. I've even used it to watch tv in the shower!

The prog works great when I access it through my home router. But I cant access it through external routers. I obviously change the ip in the prog from 192.168.1.X to my global ip 200.118.X.X or whatever it is at the time... but it won't work. Anybody know if there is a way to get this to work on any access point??

Mr.Denny
March 5th, 2007, 18:03
Wow, i never new this app existed. :)

Thanks for the bump, mauro.