PDA

View Full Version : Dreamcast Karaoke unit

sdhoigt2
September 13th, 2009, 17:18
Is the Dreamcast Karaoke unit of any interest to anyone?

I purchased one used two years ago in Japan. It's in excellent shape, but it's pretty much useless unless you want to hack on it. The unit relied on a dial-in service from Sega (Japan only), and that service was shut down many years ago (around 1999?). None of the songs are stored locally or on the disc as far as I can tell.

Anyway, I've uploaded some photos of the unit here:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/42497029@N06/sets/72157622356711826/

I'm thinking about eBaying it if it seems like there'd be any buyers.

Thanks for reading,
SD

quzar
September 13th, 2009, 17:22
They typically sell for 50$ on eBay. They are useless for the time being, as the service was discontinued long ago (more like '03 than 99). I've tried many times to access any of it's hardware but havn't had any success.

It's possible that it could be used for homebrew were it reverse engineered, as it has it's own ram.

Triv1um
September 13th, 2009, 22:49
Interested.

MAXIMUSpowers
September 15th, 2009, 11:36
yeah I want one. They look cool. Will look awesome next to my unltimate Megadrive - MK1 Megadrive with MK1 Mega CD, Master System Converter, Wireless controllers, Multitap

Cast128dreams
September 20th, 2009, 00:59
They typically sell for 50$ on eBay. They are useless for the time being, as the service was discontinued long ago (more like '03 than 99). I've tried many times to access any of it's hardware but havn't had any success.

It's possible that it could be used for homebrew were it reverse engineered, as it has it's own ram.

Quzar have you tried to learn how this thing works to develop homebrew with that?

Its a shame that Dreamcast has these machines that they are useless in nowadays.Coders should work with these gems.....

Plus there is also the Dreameye..as i have told in the past the Dreameye it can be used to play games like eyetoy for ps2...An intaractive homebrew game...

quzar its that possible?

spinksy
September 22nd, 2009, 10:36
Do you still have this? I'll be interested in it. I already have one but wouldnt mind another to have displayed (mine is mint in mint box).

sdhoigt2
September 28th, 2009, 03:07
I just listed it.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=150376203428&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT

Feel free to ask me any additional questions about this unit.

SD