PDA

View Full Version : Wii impressions: Zelda: Twilight Princess

wraggster
May 10th, 2006, 21:48
Via Joystiq (http://www.joystiq.com/2006/05/10/wii-impressions-zelda-twilight-princess/)

We just spent 20 minutes of time playing Zelda: Twilight Princess on Wii. The menu screen prompts a quick shake with the nunchuck to start the game, upon which your able to choose either "game" mode or "fishing" mode. I fired up the fishing sim first. This mode has a very relaxing feel to it. The controls felt very natural and really make you want to catch a fish. Our good friend Ryan from Engadget was next to me and I could tell he wanted a shot. Unfortunately, I lost my big catch when the fish was positioned by my trusty canoe, which was a bummer.

The "game" mode controls work very nicely too. You can tell Nintendo did a good job adapting form the original GC controls to the new dual Wii controller setup. Using the left accelerometer is especially fun. The bow and arrows, along with the tornado attack is a little tricky, but hopefully with time, one can master it.

We've merely scratched the surface with this title, but so far, I would call it a solid implementation of the new "free style" remote. Stay tuned for more in-depth impressions as we get them.

Cooe14
May 11th, 2006, 02:15
I hope that you can also use a GameCube or the "Wii Classic controller" because if I don't like using the Wii-mote I wouldn't like having to go out and buy the GameCube version too to get regular control.

sko, TheLogicalGamer
May 11th, 2006, 03:45
I would be pretty ticked if the control sucked on the Rev. Buying both versions would be a serious blow to my cash flow. I would just buy the 'cube version but what if the Rev. works well? I wish they would've just made one version that used both systems to their full advantage.

Shadowblind
May 11th, 2006, 04:01
I was watching E3. They showed how the controller reacts to each thing in game. Its like aiming a gun for the bow, and jabbing pushes enemies back. I dont know how they manage these things. After all, only 15 years ago, we were all drooling over the NES.

shiftybill
May 11th, 2006, 04:47
i believe theres only 1 version of Zelda:TP it works on the GCN and adds new controls/interactivity to Wii, i cant wait!!

stotheamuel
May 11th, 2006, 05:01
AMAzingly beautiful

And someone needs to post news of super smash brothers brawl

Shadowblind
May 11th, 2006, 05:03
super smash bros. chaos

stotheamuel
May 11th, 2006, 05:06
http://media.revolution.ign.com/media/748/748545/vids_1.html

El_Mariachi
May 11th, 2006, 11:11
omg that has got to be the coolest looking.... oh my gosh I'm gonna fall outta my chair