PDA

View Full Version : About the Arboretum Webmaster

wraggster
September 14th, 2009, 01:20
At the age of 8 years old i discovered the Nottingham Arboretum and have been very fond of it ever since.

As a 10 year old i was growing Vegatables (radish, cabbage, spinach, tomato) in my own back garden and growing Busy Lizzies and selling them to the local shop for 50p at a time, not bad earnings for a kid.

From the age of 10 i always wanted to work on the Arboretum as a gardener and when leaving school in 1987 i had a year as a trainee ranger at Bestwood Country Park, in 1988 i joined Nottingham City Council as a trainee gardener.

1989 was my first time as a trainee at the arboretum and loved it, coming back as a full time gardener in 1990, ive been there as part of the small team of gardeners who have won East Midlands in Bloom some 17 times, Britain in Bloom 3 or 4 times and even the Euro version the Entente Florale.

Even now after 20+ years im still as eager for the arboretum to look as good as it can and this site will be my way of making sure that the arboretum gets the exposure it deserves and that the gardeners get the credit they deserve.