PDA

View Full Version : Gran Turismo PSP shines in 60FPS video

wraggster
September 14th, 2009, 15:58
As momentum gathers for the PSPgo launch, Sony is preparing to unleash the first of its milestone releases for the re-invigoration of its handheld brand. Polyphony Digital has finally completed its much-delayed Gran Turismo for PSP, and review code was duly despatched to those deemed worthy enough last week. Having had a taster of the portable experience at gamescom a few weeks back and coming away very impressed, I was very eager to check it out. Very little in the way of actual, tangible assets have emerged, with Sony's own E3 reveal shying away from showing the actual game, and this is rather odd, because even as a non-professional video editor, armed with around 30 minutes of raw video captures, I was able to put this trailer together, showing that - at its best - GT PSP can look quite spectacular. What we have here is, in a sense, a bit of an experiment. Internet video is usually locked at 30FPS, but that's not Gran Turismo. This video is encoded at full fat 60 frames. Playback performance will vary owing to Adobe's rubbish Flash h264 decoder, so if the video lags for you, either click on the EGTV link for a traditional 30FPS encode, or else right-click and pipe down this specially prepared download for the full experience.

Check out the awesome video here --> http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-gt-psp-60fps-video-blog-entry

This surely makes the PSP rock again as a video game platform.

Nokiaman
September 14th, 2009, 16:16
This looks ****ing awesome! I can't wait :D

dgila
September 14th, 2009, 16:28
It looks great! 60 fps video! that's the way you really can see the real game quality!
I had to download it, flash decoder is a bit... you know...

wraggster
September 14th, 2009, 16:43
yeah i was blown out by the speed, if sony carry on with this sort of quality the PSP will get back the interest it has lost the last 18 months

ojdon
September 14th, 2009, 17:02
It's actually really looking great, still going to get it only when the prices drop though. :P

chris-007
September 14th, 2009, 18:11
Needs firmware 6.0.

Baboon
September 14th, 2009, 20:13
This looks essential!

darkriku2000
September 14th, 2009, 21:27
Unfortunately this requires 6.00 OFW, I hope a new cfw comes out in time