PDA

View Full Version : KJV bible for psp 2.0+

shadowprophet
May 11th, 2006, 15:09
As you may or may not know not long ago a bible was released for the psp.
Well it seems theres a new version out, this one is the king james version.
Heres a little bit of the readme.

Terms of Use
Copyright (C) 2006 Patrick Boyd

This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation; either version 2 of the License, or (at your option) any later version.

About this Bible
Well this particular project stemmed from finding the HyperText KJV Bible on the Internet and discovering it worked alright on the PSP. Recently (as of the creation date of this), however, the support website disappeared from the Internet. I got to looking at the code and noticed the text was part of the Public Domain and set forth to reformat it to run on the PSP a bit better (IE less scrolling, going straight to a verse, etc). It is my hope this will help others in studying God's Word.

shadowprophet
May 11th, 2006, 15:27
The last bible thread didnt do so well,
I thought about locking this topic,
Maybe I should:confused:

Mr. Shizzy
May 11th, 2006, 15:43
Ill give this a shot...hopefully the qualities good...

alienator
May 11th, 2006, 15:49
someone port the Necronomicon please !!! =)

Lumir
May 11th, 2006, 16:06
Good idea. Should help others out there.

rock_light
May 11th, 2006, 16:38
/me shudders.

But its ggod to see more books being converted for psp!
I'd love to see some introductory C programming books!

LazerTag
May 11th, 2006, 17:03
The last bible thread didnt do so well,
I thought about locking this topic,
Maybe I should:confused:

Thanks for unlocking it.

I switched from a pocket PC to the PSP simply for the gaming, but was very much missing some of things I used to enjoy, web and my bible program. Nice to see both making their way to the PSP for us lowly 1.5 users. :p

I may have a stab at making an NIV version as KJ is not my first personal choice, but nice to see it anyway. Thanks :)

Emeriastone
May 11th, 2006, 17:33
I'd dl the necronomicon if you got it.

Cooe14
May 11th, 2006, 17:41
Thanks much Shadowprophet! Now all someone needs to do is do the Book of Mormon but hey I'm probably the only one here who would want that.

luis_05
May 11th, 2006, 19:13
Thanks dude!! I had the previous version and it was very useful. I was wondering when the K.J.V was going to come out. I have a spanish version on my psp. Thanks again dude.

sgamemu22
May 11th, 2006, 20:31
Ive used the book reader for my KJV. I didnt know that had something like this before. I would prefer the NIV though.
Thanks

end3rbr0
May 11th, 2006, 22:39
why isn't this supported on 1.5 firmware?
what about all of us 1.5 users out there?

crazyjohn
May 11th, 2006, 22:39
You think theres any chance of an NIV or something a little more common and easier to read.

Cooe14
May 11th, 2006, 23:07
The Bible isn't supposed to be easy to read it's best to read it the way it was written.

Stringa
May 11th, 2006, 23:51
The Bible isn't supposed to be easy to read it's best to read it the way it was written.

Im the stupidest thing I've ever seen.

Cooe14
May 12th, 2006, 00:55
Whatever

EvilSaint
May 12th, 2006, 01:07
why isn't this supported on 1.5 firmware?
what about all of us 1.5 users out there?

i just tried Rafs new port of Links2 Browser and it did work, but the mouse pointer kept dragging across the screen, but it was still possible to read with this great port for FW 1.5

mog
May 12th, 2006, 04:10
WOW, you know ancient Hebrew, Greek and Aramaic!? :p
*envy* (although somehow i have my doubts about that, lol)

On the note about bible in other languages... does anyone know where i can get an online audio bible in Japanese? (or even just text version i can't find either).

I just think it would be cool when I get good enough with Japanese, if I could do bible study and learn Japanese at same time!! :p

I've found audio bibles in many other languages like Chinese, Russian, Korean, American (now that one was hard to understand :D)...

shadowprophet
May 12th, 2006, 04:34

If you dont want your posts edited to insult you,
Then dont insult other people.

Id like, if anything else to at least keep this thread respectful :cool:

If you have a problem with the little changes I made, Remember the next time you flame somone it will be worse.

*note you can always delete that worthless post :D

onassix
May 12th, 2006, 04:35
Thanks for this ShadowProphet!

Mr. Shizzy
May 12th, 2006, 05:18
I would love to use this on my 1.5.... but I cant seem to get the new version of Links2 browser
working for some reason (I'm currently using the older one) ShadowProphet -- any chance of an update for us 1.5 users?

Andraik
May 12th, 2006, 06:40
It's good to see people doing this, please don't show disrespect posters...

fistikuffs
May 12th, 2006, 10:17
No offence intended but....the bible??

deanspeed
May 12th, 2006, 17:58
Yay now i have good cause to bring my psp to church with me, lol.

LUIST55
May 12th, 2006, 19:58
ANYONE KNOW WHERE I CAN FIND THE SPANISH VERSION OF THE BIBLE EMAIL ME AT [email protected]

pmwoodward3
May 12th, 2006, 20:04
does this work on 2.7 because ive tried other html stuff on my 2.6 and when i updated and it didnt work. :confused: :confused: :confused:

Cooe14
May 13th, 2006, 00:31
2.7 CAN'T run homebrew sorry man but your screwed

Cooe14
May 13th, 2006, 00:40
WOW, you know ancient Hebrew, Greek and Aramaic!? :p
*envy* (although somehow i have my doubts about that, lol)

On the note about bible in other languages... does anyone know where i can get an online audio bible in Japanese? (or even just text version i can't find either).

I just think it would be cool when I get good enough with Japanese, if I could do bible study and learn Japanese at same time!! :p

I've found audio bibles in many other languages like Chinese, Russian, Korean, American (now that one was hard to understand :D)...
Translation is one thing (still the same words but in a different language), but changing it to make it easier to read is entirely different.
That would be kinda cool to do what you said it would be like killing two birds with one stone :) .

mog
May 13th, 2006, 15:15
Sorry, i knew what you meant lol... :)

I havent found an online audio bible in japanese yet... :(
but i have found some good online text bibles in japanese:
- www.biblejapanese.com
- www.bible.or.jp

and this site has loads of interesting links where you can get links to bibles in nearly every language:
- www.ethnicharvest.org/bibles

Even found a cool billingual english/japanese NIV bible for $60, which im tempted to buy! :)

I think I will just buy a japanese audio bible, or i could try and create my own one! that would be funny! :p

Cooe14
May 13th, 2006, 19:41
If you made a japanese audio bible i would SO buy it.

Narles
May 14th, 2006, 02:06
Thanks for porting this! I used to have the Bible on my PocketPC and I found it really helpful but then the PocketPC died. Now I can have it on my PSP! The ESV is my favorite translation of the Bible since I think it retains a lot of the beauty and excellent literary qualities of the Bible yet is still essentially literal (word for word instead of thought for thought). That's a fairly new translation though (2001 I believe is when it was first published) and I'm sure it has some kind of copy protection that wouldn't allow it to be used on a free open source program. Either way, thanks a lot, Shadowprophet.

zanzor
May 14th, 2006, 17:40
Hey,

This is Tim Ross I am the person that released the PSP-Bible in Basic English that i released about 4 months ago, since then has had over 5,000 downloads!

Im glad to see this new version of the King James version for PSP!

If it is ok I think i will make a basic web site to post these version on, as it seems that many SPAM web sites are using the keywords "psp bible" for a profit in promotiing their ads and products not evenr related to our original vision that we shair...

Let me know your thoughts shadow.

zanzor

shadowprophet
May 14th, 2006, 19:02
The more sources people can get this from the better:p

Feel free to distribute this :cool:

Im not the programs creator, ;)
But the readme that came with this strongly encourages this file to be freely distributed to as many people as possible:cool:

Mr. Shizzy
May 20th, 2006, 06:34
So wher can I get a 1.5 compatible version?

mog
May 21st, 2006, 03:30
So wher can I get a 1.5 compatible version?It is already 1.5 compatible, I'm even using it on 1.0.
All you need to get is a homebrew web browser... the one I use is called "Links 2 Web Browser" and is available on this website. :cool:

xXSujoXx
May 21st, 2006, 03:32
mm....

x 3 d
June 18th, 2006, 00:22
hey I just installed this program and for some reason when I try to "Go To Book" it wont do anything. I found out that it is not showing up as a link. Did anyone else have this problem? Does anyone know how to fix it?

Nae'Blis
August 30th, 2006, 21:40
Man o Man... I would like to be able to use this KJV
Bible ''webpage'' program (this is what the program
sounds like)

However, it also sounds like to use it someone has
to use a program called ''links 2 web browser''
which it seems is a homebrew application.

Assuming the web browser's instillation is simple as
eating pie; one must have a PSP that is on 1.0 or
1.5 firmware (at most) or thier PSP must not use a
motherboard version TA-082 and then go to the
(for the non-programming inclined) extreme
measure of downgrading thier firmware (no higher
current version than 2.60 -to date) and either get
some other PSP owner who HAS firmware 1.0/1.5
or rent GTA and make software modifications from
that point.

Is all that really nessairy? I would LOVE to be able
to use my PSP (which I've not used in ages, other
than for movies when traveling) to read the bible
so I won't run the risk of bending/breaking/ruining
a paper form of the document.

Don't get me wrong... If I can wrap my limited
experience around the process, I'd actually give it
a try as I've investigated and learned my PSP is not
the dreaded TA-082 version; tho I am hoping that
there might be a much simpler solution that I have
not stumbled across just yet.

Sadly, I've not found any good ''pinned'' documents
detailing the process for any of the downgrades on
any of the several PSP forums I've checked out.

In the end, any real solid information about how to
get the PSP to use the KJV information; or even if
all that headache is required I'd appreciate the
help.

Thanks for reading this far, and I hope there is a
much easier solution. God only knows if I could even
find a video store to rent GTA if they still have them
for the UMD format.

QueadlunnRau
August 31st, 2006, 14:09
LOL this is great!!!

Mang I can see it now, Pastors/Priests getting pissed at people because they have a PSP out during a service.

Then when they are told not to play games during church you bust out that it's your bible. ^_^

(Thank God for IrShell ^_^ Pastor comes close switch to homebrew browser, pastor leaves switch to homebrew).

Nae'Blis
September 2nd, 2006, 12:36
Mainly it's about lying in bed at night and having a handheld device to read the bible. This way I won't have to buy an eBook for several hundred dollars *which I already did for the PsP* and no worries about rolling over and bending pages on a traditional paper bible.

Can anyone answer the question?

lupita25
February 13th, 2007, 12:53
ANYONE KNOW WHERE I CAN FIND THE SPANISH VERSION OF THE BIBLE email me [email protected]

dipznpipz
July 8th, 2007, 18:43
hi guys,
im new here and just bought a psp...

heard that i can put a bible into my psp...

my version is V3.40oe-a...
is it compatible to the one that threadstarter has placed?

and how do i place the file into my psp and view the bible? pls help! thanks!!!

jordanmcg123
October 9th, 2007, 06:12
Hey, It's good to see that SOMEONE still believe's in God and that he created everything!

discombobulated
October 9th, 2007, 13:46
A bible to put on pirated PSP's? Haha. What next, rolling bible pages to smoke a joint or snorting crack off the bible? Hypocrisy anyone?

Knups
October 18th, 2007, 07:52
Well since this got a MASSIVE bump... might as well put in my 2 cents. If you're going to read the Bible don't read the NIW. Why would you read something that your going to base all of your beliefs on if you KNOW it has been highly changed and edited to reflect other peoples beliefs. If you're going to study any religion (be it your own or another) you want to study it from as close to the original as possible, without people telling you what to think about what you read. In the case of Christianity, unless you speak Hebrew or Aramaic, you should read the King James Version as it is the second English translation and hasn't changed much since the beginning. Now I personally think every Christian needs to read the KJV without any study material or help from outside sources (such as a minister) to help you read it so they can get a REAL view of what their religion is like. People need to start thinking for themselves, not mimicing the thinking of others.

KevinNaasz
April 5th, 2008, 22:38
How do I download so I can view?

jjmounds
October 5th, 2008, 19:30
thx

carlitx
October 6th, 2008, 02:37
Hooray For Misunderstood Fiction!

mousekek
November 7th, 2008, 08:26
A bible to put on pirated PSP's? Haha. What next, rolling bible pages to smoke a joint or snorting crack off the bible? Hypocrisy anyone?
The Pandora Battery trick is not illegal, nor is a hardware modification. Do you cry "hypocrite" when someone upgrades their ram, or installs a different operating system than the computer came with, such as Linux?

It's illegal to download games you do not own. Now then, please show us where he's breaking the law. Oh wait, he isn't.

I for one welcome this application. Because of this, I'm pretty much sold on why I need to purchase a PSP.

KnightofTruth
January 8th, 2009, 21:39
It's great to see the God-inspired Word on the PSP. Just thought I'd give props to the creator of the app and Shadow for bringing it to our attention! Thanks.

It always "amuses" me that threads for "religious" (even though I dislike that word)-type projects always seem to get flamed the most. So thanks again for the post!

*waits for someone (Sony?) to make an Xm accessible and more user-friendly version*

:thumbup:

alvin
January 15th, 2009, 03:38
thank God found it !

alvin
January 15th, 2009, 03:46
hey dudes hown to load this to my psp

EagleEyes
February 21st, 2009, 17:50
I too would like to know how to load it in my pc

EagleEyes
February 21st, 2009, 17:50
my email address is [email protected] and I have the psp 1000 and am also new to this but I would love to have the bible on my psp. Thanks and God Bless.