PDA

View Full Version : SMS doesn't recognize rom folder

John Vattic
May 11th, 2006, 21:43
O.K.
I just updated one of my many psps.
for some reason all my emulators work fine.
that is except for the sms/gg emu.
it loads the emu but the rom folder isn't recognized and it has no games in the list.
I'm using the 1.0 eboot.
I've tried moving the folder ROMS around to every damn place. root, game, game/sms, psp/roms etc.
Exactly what is wrong with this emu?
Any help would be awesome.
Thanks people,
John

oh p.s. i'm using version 0.5 sms as recommended by fanjita.
This is pissing me off!!!!!

dan3127
May 11th, 2006, 22:21
hi there are you talking about the game gear /master system emulator sms 0.5 because im running firmware 2.60 using the gta loader my loader is the 0.9.7 which is recommended and on that i have succsefully ran the snes emulators the nes the dgen for megadrive the atary lynx the pc engine and rin for gameboy fine with no problems. But i have had the same problem with all the sms its pissing me off aswell cant get the dam thing to work anywhere, always says corrupted data yet all the other emulators i mentioned work great so if you find a solotion let me no and i will do the same for you matey Kind regards Dan :D :D :D :D

John Vattic
May 12th, 2006, 02:48
ok. i have tried and tried.

i noticed in the readme there is no zip support, ok

i then retried placing roms with the eboot. in a ROMS folder next to eboot.pbp. i tried renaming the folder to SMS, SMSPSP, etc.

I noticed that it says pspupdates sucks? when this emuator actually sucks. now i remember why i have the SMS-PLUS on my 1.5.
Because smspsp by yoshi SUCCKKKKSSS!

sorry for the flame. but i'm no noob. and crap like this REALLY pisses me off.

I remember having troubles getting this emu running on 1.5. but i did get it running( by placing the roms in the folder with the eboot.pbp unzipped). but when plus showed love for zip support i was sold.

seems this is the only working sms/gg for 2.01+
so if any of you MODS or VETERANS want to call me a noob, PLEASE DO SO. I WANT TO BE PROVEN "STUPID NOOB" ON THIS!!!!!!!!! BUT I'M SAYING THIS EMULATOR IS A HUGE HASSLE!!!

P.S>I've never had this much trouble with ANY homebrew (including timidity before the noob packaging)

John Vattic
May 12th, 2006, 03:38
Eureka!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

I have found the solution!!!!!

I found a guy who will trade me his 1.50 for my 2.60!!!!!! :cool:

This is the only way around this I'm afraid.

my condolences to 2.01+ users. you're screwed.

I will never update ever again!!!!!!!! :p

Grand theft auto sucks anyway!!!!!!!!!! ;)