PDA

View Full Version : Crisis Core-Final Fantasy VII heads for PSP

wraggster
May 11th, 2006, 22:17
via CVG (http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=139722)

Until this week, details about the forthcoming Final Fantasy VII prequel have been harder to come by than a moogle without its pompom. Square Enix threw anxious FFVII fans a bone at their E3 press conference when they screened a brief trailer of the game and also announced fresh plot details. Better get yourself a cup of tea, this might get a little complicated.

According to Square Enix, Crisis Core is a prequel to the original Final Fantasy VII, which was released way back in January 1997 on the PlayStation. It's actually the final installment in the four-part Compilation of Final Fantasy VII series, which also included the Advent Children DVD/UMD. The all-new Crisis Core storyline centres around a character called Zack who returned to the Lifestream some time before the events of FFVII, and promises to reveal more secrets about the behind-the-scenes skullduggery of Shinra.

That's about all we've got for now, more as and when Square Enix drip feeds it to us

sroon
May 11th, 2006, 22:28
I wonder if this game is action adventure (like zelda) or an rpg(turn taking).

gov1
May 11th, 2006, 22:38
i would really like to see another original final fantasy game coming out, but sony just carry on using same old poop, making something that was soo good into rubbish (an im a big final fantasy fan) and really letting us down
(final fantasy X-2 :( ill say no more)

acn010
May 11th, 2006, 23:08
oh, but the latest version for the psp will be required though, like the 2.70 or the upcoming 3.0 :(

FINAL FANTASY XIII !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :eek: :eek:

Man
May 11th, 2006, 23:17
I wonder if this game is action adventure (like zelda) or an rpg(turn taking).

I beleive that Crisis Core-Final Fantasy VII will be an RPG, following the sucess of the original.

Andraik
May 11th, 2006, 23:53
YAY!!! I love FFVII

Pelnied
May 12th, 2006, 00:59
cool.... thats all i kan say

cloud_952
May 12th, 2006, 03:35
FF7: Crisis Core is listed as an "action RPG". At least it is on all Japanese websites. Not sure if they've addressed this in the US. Anyway, the main characters are Sephiroth, Zack, Cloud, and Aerith (already declared, they all have character art newly drawn for the game).

As for what an "action RPG" is, we'll have to wait and see. Parasite Eve 2 was billed as an "action RPG", and so is Kingdom Hearts.. both of their systems are dramatically different, though both are by Squaresoft.

Anyway, it should be interesting, regardless.

mog
May 12th, 2006, 03:56
aaaaagghh, this is the game that is gonna force me to buy a second psp...
but i've held out for so long, hoping that 1.00 would one day be able to play newer umds, but there is no way i'm just not going to play this game!

FF7 has a great story line, and unlike most other people I'm actually pleased they expanded the story.

I've been reading the Before Crisis mobile phone game script...
That has made the whole thing about Avalanche, Shinra and the Turks soooo much more interesting now. Elfe (Leader of Avalanche in BC) is cool and she actually fight's sephiroph and lived! :cool:

I've watched FF7 Last Order, the short anime about the battle at nibelheim reactor... Tifa, Zack & Cloud's battle vs Sephiroph was cool...
I didn't like the way the battle ended tho, ff7(ps1) version made it look like Cloud completely overpowerd Sephiroph, but i guess it's more realistic... and if you think about it, cloud was telling the story, he never get's it totally right. :p

Advent Children sounds amazing... can't wait to find out what happened to the planet and midgar.
Dirge of Cerberus is going to be really cool... now I know about most the rest of the story, what I've heard about Vincent makes him sound like one of the most interesting characters in FF7.

So I can't wait to find out what FF7:CC has to say about what happens between FF7:BC and FF7(ps1).. I'm sure its gonna rock though! :D

shadowprophet
May 12th, 2006, 06:55
In fact this may be that must have title people have been screaming for since the psp's release, (in my case this is it )

It was announced almost a year ago,
Then news on this game became hard to find.
ITs hard to express the joy as a final fantasy fan that this game hasnt been cancled :D

I dont care if they release this game demanding an update to un exploitible firmware writen by alien ninja hookers from the future:mad:
Mark my words I will have and play this game :cool:

DraconumPB
May 12th, 2006, 07:36
This is sony's secret weapon in the firmware battle ><

If firmware 3.0 includes some really awesome features and is needed for this game... yeesh.. I'll THINK about it. Maybe. You never know with sony...

emuking
May 12th, 2006, 09:47
so true i cant wait to play this game it will actually be remembered as a classic on the psp just watch in a couple of years from now

mr_nick666
May 12th, 2006, 11:12
Hookers from the future, eh?? Im hanging on to my 1.5 til my PSP turns to dust in my hands! :rolleyes:
I'm gonna be happy when I can play FFVII on my PSX emulator! ;)

Cloud_35
May 12th, 2006, 15:58
DAMN!!

Crisis core:FFVII was presicely the game I was waiting for. And now all this s**t of 2.7 firmware...

I think i will buy another PSP or say goodbye n64, hello Final Fantasy VII