View Full Version : Monkey 64 v2.0 - Yay

Pages : 1 [2]

ZFB8
May 13th, 2006, 20:06
ZFB8 thanks:D

Thanks for what, what did I do? O_o"

pspchris
May 13th, 2006, 23:31
When i load the rom it says "illegal 32bit memory read at 0x80400000 ", and it wont start. What am i doing wrong? Plz help i am really tired of never getting to use this emu :)

i am having the exact same problem with smash brothers. can someone please help me!!!!

pspchris
May 14th, 2006, 00:43
i am having the exact same problem with smash brothers. can someone please help me!!!!

o, nevermind. I just downloaded from another site. Thank you PSmonkey. Your making great progress. Cant wait for a faster speed!!!

Vega
May 14th, 2006, 00:51
....or work out a way to keep news threads only wriiten to by devs
please

Sort of defeats the purpose of a 'message board' maybe?

Wally
May 14th, 2006, 05:28

Keep pressing X until the illegal memory read goes away

Gizmo356
May 14th, 2006, 07:10
i wish i was a beta terter................(sigh)

Cap'n 1time
May 14th, 2006, 07:38
if its ok with you monkey.. im going to start editing posts i just dont see fit to be in this thread. hopefully that well help people think before they type.

Gray Fox
May 14th, 2006, 08:28
I have pressed x in 5 minuttes now and it just say nearly the same thing all the time, maybe it will work for me 2 if i download from another site? :)

asidebottom
May 14th, 2006, 11:28
Hlp it says data is corrupt

Kramer
May 14th, 2006, 13:26
Hlp it says data is corrupt

What firmware version is your psp

dagger89
May 14th, 2006, 18:11

It just repeats itself, until it fills the screen. Help plz, I dl'ed from several sites, but none work. Do I need the (E) or the (U) versions. I know where to get the roms, I already have the full set, but NONE work... Help plz

Kramer
May 14th, 2006, 18:31
It just repeats itself, until it fills the screen. Help plz, I dl'ed from several sites, but none work. Do I need the (E) or the (U) versions. I know where to get the roms, I already have the full set, but NONE work... Help plz

what game and what microcode you using and is tlb on or off

dagger89
May 14th, 2006, 19:22
i'm using ssmb, super mario 64, mario kart 64, and gex 64, following the microcodes on the website included w/ the eboot, and tlb off

dagger89
May 14th, 2006, 19:32
I think it might be the roms themselves, which are from vortex2, and hustler (I intentionally left out the full name and url)

Kramer
May 14th, 2006, 20:10
sounds like you've got everything right so i dont know what it could be
so heres the names of the roms im using
Super Mario 64 (U) [!].v64 use fast3d not fast3dext
Super Smash Bros.v64
Mario Kart 64 (E) (V1.0) [!].v64
dont have gex.

pspchris
May 14th, 2006, 21:18
I have pressed x in 5 minuttes now and it just say nearly the same thing all the time, maybe it will work for me 2 if i download from another site? :)

gray fox, i dont want to spam so just send me a private message and i'll help you. Just try a different site, it worked for me, and im almost 100% sure it'll work for you. :)

sdc
May 14th, 2006, 22:33
Hi,

I've read the Readme file and I've put all my ROMS into the n64 folder. I can get SM64 to run, but I can't figure out how to run SSB.

I have:
Super Smash Bros. (U) [!].z64
Smash Bros.v64

Neither one will run (they're both 16,384KB). How have some people gotten to run them? I've tried loading both of them (with Tlb off and the F3D3X2 microcode). However, it always crashes. I have 2.00 firmware.

Can someone please help? I've looked through all 27 pages of this forum and haven't found an answer except telling people to read the Readme, which I've already done. Thanks in advance.

harry ballzack
May 14th, 2006, 22:34
what program works best to un zip the rar files?i have a program called newztoolz that didnt un zip all the eboots, i only have 1 eboot that shows the icon on my eloader screen,and when i boot it up it just goes back the the eloader menu....i my psp is v2.6....

DPyro
May 14th, 2006, 23:06
Hi,

I've read the Readme file and I've put all my ROMS into the n64 folder. I can get SM64 to run, but I can't figure out how to run SSB.

I have:
Smash Bros.v64

Neither one will run (they're both 16,384KB). How have some people gotten to run them? I've tried loading both of them (with Tlb off and the F3D3X2 microcode). However, it always crashes. I have 2.00 firmware.

Can someone please help? I've looked through all 27 pages of this forum and haven't found an answer except telling people to read the Readme, which I've already done. Thanks in advance.

Try downgrading to 1.50 and playing it. I think most people who are having problems, are using 2.00+ firmware.

dagger89
May 14th, 2006, 23:09
$n!pR, does 1.50 get better framerates than 2.60???

sdc
May 14th, 2006, 23:21
Try downgrading to 1.50 and playing it. I think most people who are having problems, are using 2.00+ firmware.

Thanks for the help, $n!pR. Will do.

I'll let you guys know how it goes in a few minutes when I'm done.

(Haha, I upgraded for Legend of Heroes and Talkman. I hardly play them anymore and I guess I can always use that launcher utility.)

Wally
May 14th, 2006, 23:32

No the rom wont work as the read/write thing is stuck in a loop.
Some roms will but they take 5 or six button presses. When you see both read and write, i can assure you its going to work

Cooe14
May 15th, 2006, 02:11
what program works best to un zip the rar files?i have a program called newztoolz that didnt un zip all the eboots, i only have 1 eboot that shows the icon on my eloader screen,and when i boot it up it just goes back the the eloader menu....i my psp is v2.6....
If your are on a windows use winRAR if you are on a mac use UnrarX. (type them in at google)

Gizmo356
May 15th, 2006, 05:54
oooo ahhh

sdc
May 15th, 2006, 12:27
I downgraded to 1.5. Now it works.

Does anyone have a 1.00 version to see if it runs on that? It might be either the 1.0/2.0 file or the 2.00+ firmwares.

Thanks for the help. SSB isn't quite playable yet (how did that guy achieve 10fps?), but it's a start. Thanks for the great emulator, PSmonkey.

RASAL
May 15th, 2006, 13:37
Hi,

I have:
Smash Bros.v64

i own v2.0 psp and it seems to work for me

gangsta_psp
May 15th, 2006, 14:11
I cant wait for the next release. Keep em coming.

pkmaximum
May 15th, 2006, 14:28
Keep up the great work PSmonkey looking foward to future releases. And hopefully there will be a slight speed boost ;)

PSmonkey
May 15th, 2006, 16:30
yo spam monkeys. Sorry little busy and taking a break recently.

Though blind thinking last night I figured out a posible spot to increase speed & will try testing it out later tonight. I also found out that implementing a texture cache should speed up a few roms (specialy quest which jumped to about 17-20fps inside the castle).

I know I said src soon but the *******s at pspu dont motivate me enough to release it. If someone truely feels like seeing the src they are more then welcome to pm me and I will give it with out hesitation. I just wont post it here till probably next release (hopefuly in 1-2 weeks).

Kramer
May 15th, 2006, 16:53
Great news monkey
any chance of a rom streamer in next release

Vega
May 15th, 2006, 17:54
hehe, "Spam Monkeys" .

DPyro
May 15th, 2006, 17:58
:rolleyes:

Render
May 15th, 2006, 20:19
PSmonkey it is not everybody at pspupdates...it isnt even half of the people, prolly not even a quarter.

It is the immature kids who simply want something that works 100%, or the script kiddies who have never written a single line of code in their life time.

keep up the good work...people that have written programs (like me) know nothing works perfectly/well for ~10 builds, and that is a minimum

keep up the good work

Accordion
May 15th, 2006, 20:25
hmm
contributing to the spam...oh well, a bit bored
just dont look in the comments section
resist

new release in 1-2 weeks woohoo!!!!!!!

we need a virtual moderator that can delete any posts with certain word phrases in or repetitions, or maybe just automatically place them in another thread just for spam,
stop the spam

sdc
May 15th, 2006, 21:32
PSmonkey it is not everybody at pspupdates...it isnt even half of the people, prolly not even a quarter.

It is the immature kids who simply want something that works 100%, or the script kiddies who have never written a single line of code in their life time.

keep up the good work...people that have written programs (like me) know nothing works perfectly/well for ~10 builds, and that is a minimum

keep up the good work

Yup. But when Monkey64 was released, it may have gotten a bajillion jumps at QJ, but the people didn't really talk about it. It was either flaming the emulator for not being 100% or defending PSmonkey. There wasn't much actual conversation about the actual product. =/

Gizmo356
May 16th, 2006, 00:37
amen

chickenclaws
May 16th, 2006, 12:51
Yup. But when Monkey64 was released, it may have gotten a bajillion jumps at QJ, but the people didn't really talk about it. It was either flaming the emulator for not being 100% or defending PSmonkey. There wasn't much actual conversation about the actual product. =/
There Retarted over there

Psycho77
May 16th, 2006, 13:43
yo spam monkeys. Sorry little busy and taking a break recently.

Though blind thinking last night I figured out a posible spot to increase speed & will try testing it out later tonight. I also found out that implementing a texture cache should speed up a few roms (specialy quest which jumped to about 17-20fps inside the castle).

I know I said src soon but the *******s at pspu dont motivate me enough to release it. If someone truely feels like seeing the src they are more then welcome to pm me and I will give it with out hesitation. I just wont post it here till probably next release (hopefuly in 1-2 weeks).

So you already implemented texture cache ? Sound great. I know you did a long list of "todo" last time, you could do some updates whats left ?

PSmonkey
May 16th, 2006, 15:28
I have not implemented it. I did some test and disabled recompiling textures (so pretty much everything is either black or shows a hud texture) to see what effects it would have on the framerate.

Accordion
May 16th, 2006, 15:32
and?...
good or bad
how will this help in the future?

P.S.
i know i complain about this sort of thing but im going green; could it be possible to have a work in progress build of IRIS out soon?

Gizmo356
May 16th, 2006, 20:08
cool

Accordion
May 16th, 2006, 20:28
cool
why why why why why why why why why
why did you do that, spam is taking over the world
ahhhhhhhhhh
ahhhhhhhhh
ahhhhhhhhh

it is not just you and i dont hate, but come on lets stop the meaningless spam and the empty posts please

yes i know this sort of adds to it, but everyone get a grip. mods please start cleaning these threads