PDA

View Full Version : E3 2006: Wii Wi-Fi Just Like DS

wraggster
May 11th, 2006, 23:40
Via IGN (http://uk.revolution.ign.com/articles/707/707865p1.html)

May 11, 2006 - Nintendo Entertainment Analysis and Development's general manager, Takahashi Tezuka, recently chatted with IGN about Wii and its online functionality. The EAD leader confirmed once and for all that Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection on Wii would be an extension of the DS service and would not feature a standard interface like Xbox Live. And, uh, yes, get ready to enter those friend codes again.

IGN Wii: What is your plan for the Wi-Fi Connection and how might it compare to Xbox Live?
Takahashi Tezuka: Well, the Wii Wi-Fi Connection works the same as the Nintendo DS one. It's the three qualities that we emphasize. It's easy, safe and free.

IGN Wii: Will it have a central interface a la Live that all games will interact with, or will it be different on a game-by-game basis?

Tezuka: It'll be just like the DS so the interface will depend on the software.

IGN Wii: Will Wi-Fi Connection on Wii also use a Friends Code system?

Tezuka: Yes.

Fantastic News for both DS and Wii fans :) Free Online Play too ;)

Cap'n 1time
May 12th, 2006, 03:13
free online play is a plus... but friend codes? come on!

Critical_Impact
May 12th, 2006, 04:18
They should have a free option and an option that allows us to pay and have like match making and our own user lists and chat rooms and stuff

Payk
May 12th, 2006, 06:23
But whats bad about friendcodes? U can meat your friends and can be sure that he/she isnt somebody who just uses same name...Its an ID and i dont understand how u can say:
"but friend codes? come on!"...tell me one bad thing about that...

King DS
May 12th, 2006, 14:44
Also the Wii will be online 24-7 so you get extra content downloaded while you play or sleep. which means no more "connecting to Nintendo WFC" Screens :D and F/C's Rule! i think its better than picking rooms all the time like with PC games, sitting waiting for some n00b to start. when you can get 3 random people to slay :D

GaMeR_2000
May 17th, 2006, 01:38
The Wifi usage is old news for me but the extra features are new so I am pumped!