PDA

View Full Version : Interview With Chanka Creator

DCEmu_Newsposter
April 14th, 2004, 14:31
BoBBi the webmaster of NGemu (http://www.ngemu.com) has posted this interesting news:[br][br] Squallz informed us, that over at this page (spanish), an interview with the author of Chanka has been published. While most of the parts are hard to understand, there're some interresting infos in it nontheless:[br][br]Right now Chanka needs the bios and the flash-ram to work, it doesn't use plugins and it loads the games from the bios. A friend is getting ready to make the sound (...)[br]The emulator is going to be released at the end of june. Right now, commercial games such as Sonic and several others are working. [br][br]Very Very interesting news, could this be the first game playing Dreamcast Emulator for Windows released, the interview in Spanish can be found Here (http://www.dreamparty.gratishost.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=News&file=article&sid=13&mode=thread&order=0&thold=0) [br][br]If any Spanish visitors could do a an English translation of the interview we would be very pleased.

Neo_Matrix_IV
April 15th, 2004, 01:10
Well, that's my website ;D (I'm Pablo)

It doesn't say much more than what they've translated... Miguel Angel also said that he was doing most of his work with a coders cable, which has made the process a little bit slower and that he was gonna stop workin on the emu for a couple of weeks as he's got exams. He also mentioned that Chanka will be released on June or July

Hoped that was of help ;)

ron
April 15th, 2004, 01:22
Greetings. This is Ron, the manager of Spanish DCParty 2K4 MadriDC. I Made the interview to Miguel Angel on 13th of the present. Chanka is a reality and in our meeting on next May 29 2004 we hope to get the M.A. presence featuring and speaking about the Chanka. Our better inentions are to present the first public beta of Chanka during the Ferial. Thanks and visit www.unixmar.com, to get more info about our Spanish DC Party. Cheers !!!!

wraggster
April 15th, 2004, 01:24
Thanks for telling us :)

Great interview btw, we would like to thank Miguel for his work :)

I would like to know more about the Dreamcast Party so i can post a big newspost and promote it for you :)

ron
April 15th, 2004, 01:42
Thank You very much for your good words.
I couldn't wait anymore time without telling you that the info you 've got is right and well translated. Miguel Angel will be away for holidays some days and close to the end of may, it's time for exams all over the country, so. all the stundets are blending their brains for that cause..he he ;-). Anyway his main problem resides in the communications with the DC, for his opinnion with a BroadBand Adapter will be able to reduce the development time to 1/4 of the time usign the coders-cable.That's a waste of time, then I'm sure if some of you wants to donate or sell a BBA, should be OK.

Now Chanka can load some games, but the Chanka is in a very early proccess of development. One thing that can be interesting for you, is that the Chanka needs and uses the bios for loading software. Also a Flash Ram -16 is needed in order to get a right emulation. Graphics are still poor but now a friend of M.A. is preparing the development of the audio.

For our DCParty we're ansious until the day of the Ferial. Greetings to all. See You soon !!!!

Neo_Matrix_IV
April 15th, 2004, 02:08
I would like to know more about the Dreamcast Party so i can post a big newspost and promote it for you :)

The Dreamcast Party will be an expo dedicated to dreamcast mainly (lil bit obvious, isn't it? ^^). There will be some labs dedicated to programming, dclinux, etc. and some contests of course. Besides the dreamcast stuff, there will be a special section of the expo dedicated to the powerful and almighty GP32.
It will be held on Madrid on May 29th. There's a 700 person limit

If you need any further info, just ask ;)

wraggster
April 15th, 2004, 02:13
Thanks to Both Pablo and Ron for the Excellent News, i will add your site link to our front page and post more news as your party gets closer.

Thanks again :)

Neo_Matrix_IV
April 15th, 2004, 02:25
Nice! ;D

I'll keep you informed in case anything interesting happens concerning the expo ;)

ron
April 19th, 2004, 00:59
Dear friends of DCEmu.co.uk

Today we have been in an interview with Garrofi in where all questions are answered. If somebody can translate to english will be a very hard work , because the lenght of the interview. Anyway here's the text. http://www.unixmar.com