PDA

View Full Version : E3 06: PSPs to answer Call of Duty 3

wraggster
May 12th, 2006, 06:28
Via Gamespot (http://us.gamespot.com/news/6150834.html)

In a post-earnings conference call last week, Activision chairman and CEO Bobby Kotick gave investors a few hints at the next Call of Duty game. He said it was set to arrive in the company's third quarter of the fiscal year (October 1, 2006 to December 31, 2006), and that it is "not a PC product, it's a console product, and it's all next-gen."

Kotick neglected to mention that it's coming to the handheld market, as well. Activision's official release list has "Call of Duty 3 PSP" for the PlayStation Portable for fall 2006. Activision isn't showing the game at this year's E3, and the only other information on the spreadsheet is that it's a "first-person action game" (the same designation as the console Call of Duty games) and carries a $49.99 price tag.

Activision representatives were cagey about what they could and couldn't say regarding the game, but one did confirm a few facts for GameSpot. The odd "Call of Duty 3 PSP" name is just a working title, it will not be a port of the console editions of Call of Duty 3, and Infinity Ward is not handling the game's development.

bugo
May 12th, 2006, 06:50
can we hope for a multiplayer? coz my CoD2 here I play every single day with my buddies... oh my, thats what I call A CALL

drew4237
May 12th, 2006, 12:33
shooting games wont ever be very good n the psp cause it only has one anolog stick. and the one it has itsn like the ps2 ones

middlemaniac
May 12th, 2006, 16:58
Know matter what call of duty will be good on the PSP, YES!!! I hope they find a way to bypass the firmware for it so we can still play PSmonkeys emulator!