PDA

View Full Version : Dutch retailer refuses to stock PSPgo

wraggster
September 16th, 2009, 15:59
Dutch retailer Nedgame has refused to stock and sell the PSPgo because of its high price and lack of retail games.

According to a statement published on its website, the company is unhappy that without a UMD drive it is not able to sell software for the download-only console, cutting out any second hand sales opportunities.

It also has issues with the high price of the new console – which retails in the region for EUR 249, compared to the PSP-3000's price point of EUR 169.

Nedgame also noted a discomfort with Sony creating a monopoly on the pricing of games for the system.

The PSPgo launches across Europe in October, with early adoptors able to download a free copy of Gran Turismo PSP.

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/dutch-retailer-refuses-to-stock-pspgo

symbal
September 16th, 2009, 16:14
Hey good for them.. this is the only way to make Sony listen.

gladiator5
September 16th, 2009, 17:25
Hey good for them.. this is the only way to make Sony listen.

yeah and we people from the netherlands cant get our hands on the new psp go.

and btw look at the price differents: 169 over 249
alot of people will still buy the psp 3000 then because of the price differents

symbal
September 16th, 2009, 21:18
I very much doubt there'll be any shortages of Psp Go's for people in the Netherlands, i mean it's not like Buzz lightyear with it's artificial shortages, i bet Sony struggle to sell these things so will make sure everyone gets one in the early rush before they realise how bad Sony's digital download service is.