PDA

View Full Version : Load Rom Problem

therock500
May 12th, 2006, 17:59
when i click load rom after a few seconds my PSP Turns off...

i have 1.50

PSmonkey
May 12th, 2006, 18:12
was there a rom name listed there?

hockey2112
May 12th, 2006, 18:30
I am having the same sort of issue. My folders are all named precisely as they should be. I select the correct microcode, scroll over to the rom I want to run, and tell it to load (I am at work and don't have my PSP with me right now, so my terminology may not be exact; essentially, I followed the instructions to a "T"). The memory stick does not light up at all, the PSP freezes, and then shuts off after 10 secods or so, while still displaying the Monkey64 "menu".

This problem has occurred while trying 5 different builds of Mario Kart 64, as well as 5 builds of Super Smash Bros. Each one does the same exact thing I listed above.

I was able to get Mario 64 running, though.

Any idea why I would experience these issues? Do I just have multiple bad rom dumps of those games? It seems unlikely, but maybe that is the case.

Here is a list of the roms that I tried (and froze my PSP):

Mario Kart 64 (U) [!].z64
Mario Kart 64 (U) [b1].z64
Mario Kart 64 (U) [o2].z64
Mario Kart 64 (U) [t1].z64
Mario Kart 64 (U) [t4].z64

Super Smash Bros. (U) [!].z64
Super Smash Bros. (U) [b1].z64
Super Smash Bros. (U) [b2].z64
Super Smash Bros. (U) [f3].z64
Super Smash Bros. (U) [hI].z64

By the way, thank you for releasing the emu. Even if I cannot get many roms to run, it is still exciting to see the results other people are getting. I also just saw your post about releasing another build next week, so I will wait for that if you do not have the time for my questions.

Thanks again!

PSmonkey
May 12th, 2006, 21:32
What psp firmware do you have?

BrokenWing
May 12th, 2006, 21:47
Hey Hockey2112, did you get all of those roms from one site? If so then you might want to try a different site because sometimes an old rom site will have corrupted roms and won't bother to fix it if they aren't really paying attention to it anymore.

If it is allowed at this site then I will send you my rom version and you can try that however if it is not allowed then sorry for not checking the rules before I post >_<

Shadowblind
May 12th, 2006, 21:56
my 1.5 works well with m642.00; even when i dont put in the right microcode '_'

V3N0M
May 12th, 2006, 22:05
Don't worry, PSmonkey your busy. I'll help anybody who needs help with Homebrew. Just look at my banner. hockey and therock just email or PM me stuff like this doesn't need to be on a thread lol.

vance806
May 12th, 2006, 22:30
Is there a special version I have to download since I have 2.6? Like a folder that says with a -% at the end or something. Cause i cant find it if there is. I ask because in the "readme first" it mentions these files for 1.5+ users. If it exsits, where can I find it?

V3N0M
May 12th, 2006, 22:58
Ya there is a different version. Check PSmonkey thread

hockey2112
May 12th, 2006, 22:59
What psp firmware do you have?

I am on firmware 2.0 . I am using an older version of the eloader, via the TIFF method... could this be an issue?

Hey Hockey2112, did you get all of those roms from one site? If so then you might want to try a different site because sometimes an old rom site will have corrupted roms and won't bother to fix it if they aren't really paying attention to it anymore.

If it is allowed at this site then I will send you my rom version and you can try that however if it is not allowed then sorry for not checking the rules before I post >_<

BrokenWing, I would appreciate any help you can provide. Please check your PM's.

vance806
May 12th, 2006, 23:04
Ya there is a different version. Check PSmonkey thread

For some reason I can't find it. All the thread wants to give me is the other version. If it's not to much trouble would you mind given me a link to where I can download it? I've looked for about an hour and it escapes me.

V3N0M
May 13th, 2006, 00:08
I have it. But i forgot where to download it just email me and i'll give you it.(hint: lol its on my banner)

itaintmefoo
May 13th, 2006, 00:10
guys i cant get it to work ive used every version of m64 but i cant play any roms and i cant figure out the microcode sometimes but normally i have it i cant figure out how to run rms plz give me exact instrusctins plz preety plz with suger on top ty

Shadowblind
May 13th, 2006, 00:40
guys i cant get it to work ive used every version of m64 but i cant play any roms and i cant figure out the microcode sometimes but normally i have it i cant figure out how to run rms plz give me exact instrusctins plz preety plz with suger on top ty

i couldn't tell exactly what you said, but make a n64 folder in the root of your memory stick, place n64 ROMs there, put the Monk folder in your games folder (depending on what version you have, place two) and boot M64.

banananose3
May 20th, 2006, 05:57
when I load monkey64, I cant find the roms? where do I put the roms, I have put them all of my memroy stick and it still cant find them.