PDA

View Full Version : Ogranise with __SCE__ support

modsyn
May 12th, 2006, 18:56
Ogranise, the PSP homebrew organizer now supports the new naming convention ('__SCE__'/'%__SCE__').

If you are unfamiliar with Ogranise, here's a recap.

Ogranise, like many other programs, lets you organize the homebrew icons for your 1.5 PSP. However, unlike the other programs, Ogranise runs on your PSP. Keep your favorite homebrew at the top without needing a USB connection.

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

V3N0M
May 12th, 2006, 20:18
Thank you very much. This is just what i needed.

Pelnied
May 12th, 2006, 20:48
pimped yo, pimped

Anger
May 12th, 2006, 22:41
now my little proggy is obsolete :(

seriously tho im really glad people are using this naming convention, its so much cleaner this way.
well done on the software. :)

F9zDark
May 12th, 2006, 23:56
Cool program. But I wished there was a way to organize the game's menu items into folders, sort of like how the Music item handles it.

Andraik
May 12th, 2006, 23:58
cool I just might have to download :)

V3N0M
May 13th, 2006, 00:01
It works great with all emulaters, apps everything the best part is it can all be organized on the psp instead of using a computer and a program. Very good realease.

not here anymore
May 13th, 2006, 00:07
I *really* wonder why on earth Sony chose to deliberately leave that naming scheme __SCE__ & %__SCE__ working on PSP 1.50 fw. They really had NO POINT in doing so.
That's really one of the biggest PSP mysteries to me.
Later,

TSR

Anger
May 13th, 2006, 00:35
there is 0 information on why it works. i have been trying to get information for the possiblity of an exploit (other than the naming trick). i dont even know how the guy who posted it origionally found it out. a complete mystery.

drew4237
May 13th, 2006, 00:39
what is the reason for the ___SCE___ & %___SCE___ i mean what would i use them for

not here anymore
May 13th, 2006, 02:40
it automatically hides the corrupted icon.
Later,

TSR

joesnose
May 13th, 2006, 03:20
absoloutely perfect, allways wanted to be able to edit on the PSP!!

Anger
May 13th, 2006, 13:19
yeah it is just a different way to hide your corrupt icons that makes the file names easier to read when your accessing your memory stick on your pc. that and i believe that it can prevent the corruption that seems to happen using the long filename exploit to hide the icons. :D

mph
May 13th, 2006, 19:46
there is 0 information on why it works. i have been trying to get information for the possiblity of an exploit (other than the naming trick). i dont even know how the guy who posted it origionally found it out. a complete mystery.

http://forums.psphacks.net/index.php/topic,6060.0.html

:) only __SCE is necessary, not __SCE__

Anger
May 13th, 2006, 19:57
yes i am aware but when raf released his pspradio program using the extra __ i decided to adopt that as well for all my homebrew as it is neater.
before that i used just the __SCE. :)

ahh it was you that found this out? nice one.

do you happen to know why it works?

cdrdj
May 14th, 2006, 00:24
Does this interfere with any emulators? Like, what if an emulator searches out the specific file name emulator%. Will it not work since it has __SCE in front and no % at the end? I can't find any programs that wont work with this name change but in case, is there any?

Anger
May 14th, 2006, 00:51
well only programs that require a hard path like descent for psp will not work right with it. the emulators i have tried do work but i have not tried them all. its really no different from the long filename method - just cleaner.

R7i1c3K
May 31st, 2006, 02:45
It might just be me, but I'm having a problem with the program. It's neither hiding the corrupted icons, nor changing the directories to %___SCE and ___SCE.

I have a FW 1.5 and I tried changing all the directories myself and I'm still getting the same problem where the corrupted icons are still showing up.

Any ideas?

EDIT: I forgot to add that the long filename conversion from the old OGR was, in fact, working and hiding the corrupted data icons. This version, however, is not. I've tried formatting the card and everything, but no luck.

Anger
May 31st, 2006, 20:53
well they should be __SCE with just 2 underlines and %__SCE again with 2 underlines - anything you add after that part can be used to make the name neater which is why people use 2 underlines after the sce - those ones are not essential, but the first 2 are.

ACID
October 20th, 2006, 17:44
This app is super cool thanks man.

Baboon
October 20th, 2006, 18:54
This is a great app! ...I've just been putting it to great use! Ta very much. :)

Slightly off topic ...The only emu that I cant hide a corrupt icon for now is the AtariST one 'castaway'. It's got the usual two eboot folders for a 1.5 which I can hide using the '_sce_%' method, but it's also got a seperate folder for the games? ...has anone else on 1.5 with this emulator managed to hide that (ST games folder) corrupt icon?

jak66
October 20th, 2006, 19:04
no idea to your question baboon, but why use this one? doesnt uo_ORGanise support more folder names (namely the odd hide corrupt folder name system the iR Shell uses)