PDA

View Full Version : PS3 Dashboard Mimics PSP Interface

wraggster
May 13th, 2006, 09:23
http://ps3-evolution.dcemu.co.uk/ps3_psp_menu_big.jpg

PlayStation 3 borrows PSP's menu interface, but offers a few intriguing additions Power-up your PlayStation 3 and you’ll be greeted by a PSP-style start-up screen. All the icons are identical to those of its handheld counterpart, with movies (Hi-Def ones, of course), music and web options all available. But the PS3’s interface packs a couple of new additions.

First, is the ‘Users’ button which enables you to flick between profiles, suggesting that Sony is expecting each machine to be fought over by more than one member of the family. The other intriguing icon is a ‘Friends’ button. However, Sony wasn’t willing to give us any more info on how these systems will actually function at this early stage.

Another interesting snippet was confirmation that you’ll be able to use a keyboard and mouse with PS3, enabling you to easily browse the web on your telly.

Via t3 (http://www.t3.co.uk/news/247/e3_news/playstation_3_mimics_psp)

gavind
May 13th, 2006, 09:39
looks quite good

Elsid
May 13th, 2006, 11:39
i think it is a good idea, it looks really good with the abilty for mp3 pictures and videos, but one thing bothers me, if there is hacks available for the psp, there is no doubt the will be hacks for the PS2

Eric
May 13th, 2006, 13:11
I think that is garbage i think every system should have there own Unique bios menu system. I think this comes down to Sony not really thinking about there customers cause they probably just said to themselves well if they like it on the PSP they probably will like it on the PS3. Anyways i dont really cause i'm not about what goes on in the systems but i'm certainly about the hardware in the systems and this thing like the Xbox 360 in the next couple of months better not mess up or i will be pissed right off.

GO GAMING GO!!!

Eric

mog
May 13th, 2006, 13:52
whew, did not see a firmware update icon on the menu! :D

but... if sony do use forced firmware updates on their ps3... :mad:

IndianCheese
May 13th, 2006, 23:56
I thought new Sony TVs had an XMB, so this comes as no surprise to me.

Glad it came as expected, though!

BALL_SAC
May 14th, 2006, 00:14
This should be cool, I cant wait to get my PS3!

emuking
May 14th, 2006, 23:24
they do have firmware updates

Cap'n 1time
May 15th, 2006, 04:38
its supposed to be linux based right?

Cooe14
May 15th, 2006, 05:07
That's the stupidest thing I have ever seen.

geise69
May 15th, 2006, 17:24
For $600 you think they would've added a whole new systems menu. Maybe they did it that way because of the combination with the psp but I think it's Sony just being lazy. One more reason I'm not forking out 600 dollars at launch. Wait people!

JacerX
May 16th, 2006, 01:40
Look's nice :D