PDA

View Full Version : PS3 to Use PSP Menu System

wraggster
May 13th, 2006, 09:25
Looks like Sony are standardising thier Menu Systems for their Consoles, the PS3 will use a similiar layout to the PSP,

Check out the news and screenshot at PS3 Evolution (http://ps3-evolution.dcemu.co.uk/)

Moning2
May 13th, 2006, 10:07
the waves in the background look better than the ones of the psp :) but thats my opinion... :)

pkmusicmaker
May 13th, 2006, 10:23
well its such an easy to use menu system, no complaints here.

V3N0M
May 13th, 2006, 10:35
Ya its alright but i think it should use someting better. The psp menu is for on the go but the PS3 in my opinion should use a menu that a little less bland ya know a little bit different but i think they will do that. I mean it not identical to the psp is it?

acn010
May 13th, 2006, 16:18
i think its gonna be like windows XP Media edition?

dead seagull
May 13th, 2006, 18:28
It's a nice interface and shows that the PS3 is the PSP's bigger bro.

Video_freak
May 13th, 2006, 20:11
i found a video of the ps3 in action, and there was that "Network Update" option under "Settings." could this mean firmware updates for ps3?

Napalm-Death
May 13th, 2006, 20:26
If the post above me is true, we might be screwed if homebrew ever makes it onto the PS3.
But it's nice to see that the PSP's menu/interface will be back.

Paiku
May 13th, 2006, 20:59
I won't care about homebrew for my ps3, I only use it on portables anyway.

V3N0M
May 13th, 2006, 23:27
exactly if you can have all the homebrew you want on the PSP why would you want it on the PS3. Plus the only reason i will by a PS3 is for PS3 games not supermario or sonic lol. I mean if i am gonna pay 600 bucks for a PS3 i want it for the PS3 not Homebrew.

BALL_SAC
May 14th, 2006, 01:12
I want homebrew on my ps3

Junior
May 14th, 2006, 02:04
I loved the "ocean wave" sounds on the PS2 interface very much. I guess it's not going to make a comeback. I was also a little unhappy with the PSP interface ... no neat shiny glass cubes or other neat effect besides that wavy ... wave.

Voltron
May 14th, 2006, 03:10
I think its great that the PSP & PS3 will be very compatible with each other with some similarities in the interface. I also don't much care if homebrew is exploited on the PS3. I'd rather see homebrew continue to grow and expand on the PSP.

I'd also be buying a PS3 for the Blu-Ray disc player. I prefer Blu-Ray technology over HD-DVD and hope Blu-Ray comes out on top and becomes the industry standard. Blu-Ray support right out of the box is a huge selling point for the PS3. XBOX 360's HD-DVD player will be an EXTERNAL add-on. And worse it will need a separate HD connection such as DVI or HDMI. So it might as well be a stand alone player.