PDA

View Full Version : Wii controller impressions: day 2

wraggster
May 13th, 2006, 09:28
Via Revfanboy (http://www.revolutionfanboy.com/2006/05/11/wii-controller-impressions-day-2/)

Having spent two days now with Nintendo's Wii controller, here's what we think up to this point. We'll have to see a little more (sorry Reggie, I mean play) before fully believing, but we're glad you'll keep using a traditional control scheme through the GameCube's controller on new games.

Pros:

Solid hardware design. The controller(s) have added weight and feel very good in your hands. Nice plastic, yo!
Built-in speaker value add. While Zelda fishing, the reel audio sample was a nice touch.
Works well with certain games, i.e. tennis, baseball, Zelda (spin attack) where stroke motions are, would be similar to real life ones.

Cons:

Doesn't work well with certain games, i.e. Madden where stroke motions differ than real life ones (you don't pass a football by flicking your wrist).
Rumble feature feels weak. Nuff said.

If no real-life motions are associated with a game, does motion control add value to the gaming experience? (undetermined)

GaMeR_2000
May 14th, 2006, 18:11
Doesn't work well with certain games, i.e. Madden where stroke motions differ than real life ones (you don't pass a football by flicking your wrist).

This may be so but you do pass a football by doing a throwing motion with the remote.