PDA

View Full Version : DGEN for PSP v1.50 Released

shadowprophet
May 13th, 2006, 16:23
Syn-z (http://syn-k.sakura.ne.jp/dgen_psp/) has updated his great emu for the psp Dgen to v.1.50, This update has two versions, A eloader version for 2.0+ psps, and an firmware 1.50 version

Heres whats New:

- Shadow/Highlight mode support
- Added 6-button mode ON/OFF in Key Config
- Added "Palette Mode" in [CONFIG]
- Added "Fix Checksum" in [CONFIG]
- Press Analog Up + X to reset the current game
- Fixed some issues in some games

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments
Thanks to Jeff Chen for the Translation.

mappy123
May 13th, 2006, 16:27
:p

zackforbing
May 13th, 2006, 16:48
does this version fix compatibility with zipped roms? I was using these with 1.4 and all I'd get was a black screen after the rom loaded.

Kaiser
May 13th, 2006, 16:54
does this version fix compatibility with zipped roms? I was using these with 1.4 and all I'd get was a black screen after the rom loaded.

They've worked fine for me as long as I can remember.

Its good to see syn-z to continually update this emulator. Good job on his part. :D

Eleetist
May 13th, 2006, 16:55
Not all of them had that issue, just some, most ran fine. I just hope Probotector is fixed (Contra). Awesome work by the way.

Oni
May 13th, 2006, 16:58
nice:)

ONi

PS. Shadow, it's nice to see that u've taken the things that was talk about in the "what you want" threat. GREAT!

D0N
May 13th, 2006, 17:10
Tried it on 2.60. Doesnt work. Oh well...

kidloak09
May 13th, 2006, 17:23
booooo!!! it does not work with eloader :(

can anyone ask Syn-Z to work on a version that works with eloader?

shadowprophet
May 13th, 2006, 17:31
The only comments ive heard so far about the functionality of this emulator has been that it doesnt work, Has anyone got it working on a 1.50 system?
I havnt had time to test it myself yet.

someone let me know. so I can redownload or something , possibly corupted file:(

Andraik
May 13th, 2006, 17:39
The only comments ive heard so far about the functionality of this emulator has been that it doesnt work, Has anyone got it working on a 1.50 system?
I havnt had time to test it myself yet.

someone let me know. so I can redownload or something , possibly corupted file:(

I'll try it on my 1.5 and get back to you :)

Andraik
May 13th, 2006, 18:04
I cannot get it to work on 1.5... :(

shadowprophet
May 13th, 2006, 18:07
There is an eloader version,
And there is a 1.50 firmware specific version.
Above I have found and uploaded the 1.50 firmware specific version.
And this should fix the problem.
Im terribly sorry for the mistake it was entirely my fault guys :o

I would like for someone to test this new version and let me know how it works please:o

wraggster
May 13th, 2006, 18:45
thanks for the newspost :) i was busy playing red alert 2 online :)

porchemasi
May 13th, 2006, 18:45
I will try on 2.6 the eloader vs get abck to u in 5

D0N
May 13th, 2006, 18:49
I will try on 2.6 the eloader vs get abck to u in 5

i have already tried it on 2.60 and i had no luck :(

shadowprophet
May 13th, 2006, 18:56
I think you have to have Eloader for the first version to work,
But im still worried about the 1.50 firmware version.
Im gonna check it myself .

*update I tested the 1.50 firmware version and im pleased to say it works beautifuly :cool:

r-complex
May 13th, 2006, 19:07
It Works just fine on mine! I'm running 1.5 FW.

Cooe14
May 13th, 2006, 19:09
I was just thinking about this yesterday and BAM here it is.

Vega
May 13th, 2006, 19:36
awesome. Dgen rocks.

Eleetist
May 13th, 2006, 19:53
Still no Probotector fixes though :(. Everything else works great though, except for the known roms that load but only show a black screen(Phantasy Star 2 and Shadow warriors that I've tried).

Voltron
May 13th, 2006, 20:12
Sweet. First we got SNES9xTYL 0.4 and now a new DGEN. A great time for PSP emulation. Can't wait to try this out. I'm glad to see so many EMU's getting updated still.

Cooe14
May 13th, 2006, 20:13
Phantasy Star II works perfect.

V3N0M
May 13th, 2006, 20:16
I have gotten it to work with 1.5. I don't know if this did it but i change the name to Dgen and Dgen%.

Oh is it alright to copy it over my existing Dgen? It works fine.

jman420
May 13th, 2006, 20:27
yay! lol, now hopefully I can play Gunstar Heroes at 50 fps :D

Shadowblind
May 13th, 2006, 20:28
for some reason it screws up Sonic the Hedgehog 3 sounds. Any clue as to why?

Damian666
May 13th, 2006, 20:35
I can't get the Eloader version to work on my 2.6. But, still this is an excellent update. Keep it up Syn-z.

emuking
May 13th, 2006, 21:35
cool it works, now back to sonic:)

Sharkey
May 13th, 2006, 22:33
I use this emu often, I'll update immediately, thanks man.
Great jorbs. :)

danknugz
May 14th, 2006, 01:20
is there any emulators for psp that can run 32x roms?
THANKS!

funy56
May 14th, 2006, 02:28
Can this run in GTA firmware? Using Fantija softerware? I tried but it switches off itself...

aries2k4
May 14th, 2006, 02:45
Nice update. Thanks

biocat
May 14th, 2006, 05:03
Is there a version for use with 1.0 PSPs?

Illegal Machine
May 14th, 2006, 05:04
Works perfectly for me so far.

Even fixed Sonic 2 as far as I can tell.

an AWESOME release if I must say.

theres only ONE bug I found like 4 versions ago, and it still hasnt been fixed... O well.

Too bad thier site is in Japanese or I'd post it to them and then this would be perfect perfect.

.:PSP1.0:.
May 14th, 2006, 05:07
Bloody awesome! Thanks for the update it runs like a dream :)

wowfan
May 14th, 2006, 08:56
nice:)

ONi

PS. Shadow, it's nice to see that u've taken the things that was talk about in the "what you want" threat. GREAT!

thats because its an almost wholly lifted article from pspupdates. translation, and the sentences.. some have been removed though.

http://pspupdates.qj.net/DGEN-for-PSP-v1-50-Released/pg/49/aid/38997

shadowprophet
May 14th, 2006, 09:04
thats because its an almost wholly lifted article from pspupdates. translation, and the sentences.. some have been removed though.

http://pspupdates.qj.net/DGEN-for-PSP-v1-50-Released/pg/49/aid/38997
Yeah and thats the way ill continue to do things.
Do you honestly think I have the time to write a article for each release before I post these?
(I do have a life you know, and at least a small portion of that life is dedicated to keeping you people happy, So if people would just kindly ~back up out my coolaid~ for a little bit and let me do my job, that would be just lovely )
It more important to get the homebrew out to you guys.
Anyone would do the same in this case.
usualy tho, Most of the article is directly from the readme.

wowfan
May 14th, 2006, 09:14
Yeah and thats the way ill continue to do things.
Do you honestly think I have the time to write a article for each release before I post these?
(I do have a life you know, and at least a small portion of that life is dedicated to keeping you people happy, So if people would just kindly ~back up out my coolaid~ for a little bit and let me do my job, that would be just lovely )
It more important to get the homebrew out to you guys.
Anyone would do the same in this case.
usualy tho, Most of the article is directly from the readme.

fair enough... but why are links to roms and isos not allowed? piracy? but plagiarism (stealing of intellectual work) is ok? i just don't see why one form of stealing is ok, and the other isn't.. :rolleyes:

shadowprophet
May 14th, 2006, 09:22
Who said it was accepted?

But if you cant see the difference between copying and pasting an article from another site and software piracy, It seems to me your not interested enough to care to know the difference anyway.
Look an article about a peice of homebrew, Is not an epic tale writen and copyrighted by a playwrite:rolleyes:
*geesz for the life of me I will never understand why some people insist on biteing the hand that feeds them:rolleyes:

Edit,
I think some people missunderstand who I am and what im about,
Im not some type of specail case that should be set to a higher standerd, Who I am is one of you guys, the lucked up and became a mod. Since that time ive tried to do my job. as best I can.
But its really not fair to put me to some higher more pefrect standerd then you would others.
Im just a regular guy.
In short, I deserve to be cut some slack as much as anyone else? dont I:confused::(

wowfan
May 14th, 2006, 09:32
*geesz for the life of me I will never understand why some people insist on biteing the hand that feeds them:rolleyes:

are you not biting the hand that fed the post by not giving them credit? anyways... all i'm saying is that stealing is stealing, just because its in a different form doesn't make it justifiable

shadowprophet
May 14th, 2006, 09:56
Do you want my job!?
I sleep two hours a day.
The rest of the time im moderating the forums and finding releases for people to make them happy,
But people like you make me feel like my jobs not appriciated or even worth doing.
Do you think I get paid for this or somthing?
I do this for free because I love homebrew and I like to make people happy. Dcemu is my life. and to some people that may sound like a pretty shitty life.
But I love my Job and wouldnt change it for anything.

So yeah I make mistakes sometimes. Im a freaking human being. But whats done is done..

wowfan
May 14th, 2006, 10:06
Do you want my job!?
I sleep two hours a day.
The rest of the time im moderating the forums and finding releases for people to make them happy,
But people like you make me feel like my jobs not appriciated or even worth doing.
Do you think I get paid for this or somthing?
I do this for free because I love homebrew and I like to make people happy. Dcemu is my life. and to some people that may sound like a pretty shitty life.
But I love my Job and wouldnt change it for anything.

So yeah I make mistakes sometimes. Im a freaking human being. But whats done is done..

no i dont want your job if youre not getting paid. what im trying to get across is that there is no difference between lifting whole news articles and lifting an ISO. people are getting paid to write news, just like people are getting paid to program games. being said, and seeing that this network consists solely of copy/pasted news, i am trying to make the logic jump that having ISOs and ROMs should be ok. this network already supports text-piracy, so why not game piracy?

shadowprophet
May 14th, 2006, 10:40
well software piracy.
Just really inst the same, We have to be very careful at dcemu about software piracy.
Roms and isos give us a bad warez image.
And warez sites just arnt stable.
They go up and down and are moved and shut down all the time.
Dcemu wants to be here for a while to serve you homebrew. because even without warez homebrew is great enought to dedicate a site too like this :cool:
And we want to be here long enough to make sure we can give it to you :D

knight123
May 14th, 2006, 10:48
no i dont want your job if youre not getting paid. what im trying to get across is that there is no difference between lifting whole news articles and lifting an ISO. people are getting paid to write news, just like people are getting paid to program games. being said, and seeing that this network consists solely of copy/pasted news, i am trying to make the logic jump that having ISOs and ROMs should be ok. this network already supports text-piracy, so why not game piracy?

I did intially agree with your views on the copying of this particular new posting. But to attack the dcemu network based on 1 new post is flawed and very wrong.
There are many great devs that are hosted by Dcemu, along with many other that post release news here. There has been occasions where PSPU have copied the text straight from these forums when news was posted here 1st.
You seem to be a PSPU fan boy to so blantantly attack the network over one new posting.

ste
May 14th, 2006, 10:59
This emu is awesome! If only it could run Contra / Probotector like PSPGenesis does. This and the recent SNES9xtyl is making my 1.5 PSP earn it's keep big time!

wowfan
May 14th, 2006, 11:08
I did intially agree with your views on the copying of this particular new posting. But to attack the dcemu network based on 1 new post is flawed and very wrong.
There are many great devs that are hosted by Dcemu, along with many other that post release news here. There has been occasions where PSPU have copied the text straight from these forums when news was posted here 1st.
You seem to be a PSPU fan boy to so blantantly attack the network over one new posting.

i am not solely basing my argument about one homebrew post. take a look at any site and you will see the entire text has been copy/pasted from other sites. look for any post to IGN, Joystiq, etc. you will see a straight copy/paste. But as far as PSP sites appearing to copy/paste each other -- its usually always the readme, which is like copy/pasting a press release: ok. when people copy/paste an entire handwritten article created by someone other than themself, thats stealing, just like isos, but in a different form.

Darksaviour69
May 14th, 2006, 11:57
right no more offtopic posts, we source all our news stories. pspupdates do the same thing ... they (now) source there news the same way, don't take my word for it.....

http://forums.qj.net/showpost.php?p=250591&postcount=7

The_Ultimate_Eggman
May 14th, 2006, 13:40
Cant get it to work FW 1.5 error game cannot be startewd :( any clues going back to 1.40 for now

The_Ultimate_Eggman
May 14th, 2006, 13:54
Wierd downlaoded it from (cough cough) another site works fine now...

lumisi
May 14th, 2006, 14:31
This emulator is great and every game seems to work on it but double dragon, any options on the emu to make it work?

fucht017
May 14th, 2006, 16:45
At last, Comix Zone is running great....Thanx for all youre hard work

mr_nick666
May 14th, 2006, 18:18
Any news like this is good news- 1st, 2nd or 3rd hand it dont make a difference to me! :D Cheerz Shadow for the heads up :p (they dont know whats good for them!) :rolleyes:

lord_goth
May 14th, 2006, 19:30
Not seen an answer yet to this but has anyone got dgen to work on a 2.6 PSP with the eloader version or the (.5 version cos i have tried both

lord_goth
May 14th, 2006, 19:33
Me again. on mobile so can't type much at one time. as i was saying, tried both and no luck. can't understand why tho. please someone reply!

lord_goth
May 14th, 2006, 19:37
Me once again! i got a 2.6 using gta super blok .97 loader

Damian666
May 14th, 2006, 19:40
For those who have a firmware higher than 2.01+ the only DGen you can use is 1.30. DGen versions 1.40 and 1.50 aren't compatible yet for higher firmwares, so just hang on until someone can fix the problem.

Andraik
May 14th, 2006, 19:59
hmmm...

Voltron
May 14th, 2006, 20:02
I have tested this briefly with firmware 1.50 and it seems to work. Still won't load Contra Hard Corps though. Just a black screen. All of the SOnics work, Mega Man Wily Wars, Beyond Oasis, etc. seem to work great. Great sound and fast speed.

lord_goth
May 14th, 2006, 20:21
Thanks for the answer. Just bugs me why a eloader version has be released and it don't work. Bit fed up with playing with no sound

lord_goth
May 14th, 2006, 20:25
Me again! as i was saying. im old school and loved my megadrive and snes but want to play on the move but hate playing without sound.

lord_goth
May 14th, 2006, 20:29
Was looking forward to the new snes emulator but it runs slower then version 3 and i have to play that with no sound also. anyone wanna a 1.5 for my mum?

slayer2psp
May 14th, 2006, 20:38
i had to rename the folders to gen gen% do that if it doesnt work on your 1.5. that happens at times when they hide the corrupted files. they should never realease stuff like that because of this problem. doesnt seem like much has changed roadrash and desert strike return the gulf still dont play right

Illegal Machine
May 14th, 2006, 20:58
things to try if your roms don't work...

Turn the core emulation from performance to normal.

Knock the sound sampling down to 22050 khz

try a different frameskip setting

change the region priority, to something appropriate for the rom you're using.

and see if that works for you any better

lord_goth
May 14th, 2006, 21:06
So no one wants to swap there 1.5 PSP for my mum. she's a good runner for her age plus she can do more them what a PSP can do!

shadowprophet
May 14th, 2006, 21:09
So no one wants to swap there 1.5 PSP for my mum. she's a good runner for her age plus she can do more them what a PSP can do! Can she play an mp3? Where does the memory stick go? :plol

I had a whole bunch more but I was cracking up to hard to finish :p

lord_goth
May 14th, 2006, 21:19
I won't carry on cos i can see this getting rude. i mean where could you shove a memory stick in a woman. you have a choice!

shadowprophet
May 14th, 2006, 21:22
Thats soo soo wrong lol
And now that i review my earlier post I can see how you think I would be insinuating :(

But thats just not the case, Im just tired, havnt had sleep and wasnt thinking bro my bad lol

lord_goth
May 14th, 2006, 21:23
Anyway, what i want to know is why there was a eloader version when it don't work with the eloader on a 2.6?

shadowprophet
May 14th, 2006, 21:30
As a forum mod here. Im obliagated to tell you.
THat what your doing is called trolling,

Trolling is posting one post right after another repeatedly when all those bits and peices of information could have been summed up better in a single posting.

Trolling is aginst the rules becuase it makes a thread that was trolled in dissorganized and harder to navigate.

This is just a friendly warning.
Trolling is aginst the rules, In the future try to get all of your questions and information into a single post and give somone time to answer that post befor you reply, Think of forums as a turn based thing, you have to be fair to the others ;)

lord_goth
May 14th, 2006, 21:32
Don't worry shadow! why do you think im trying to swap her in the first place!

lord_goth
May 14th, 2006, 21:36
Sorry i did not know but i did explain that im on a mobile and it don't let me type large messages so i have to post in this way if im surfing on it. sorry!

shadowprophet
May 14th, 2006, 21:41
Were very leanient on new people here because there are a lot of rules that just wouldnt make since to somone who hasnt spent a lot of time in forums.
Therefor we dont really start cracking down on the rules untill the person has reached a certain number of posts, or done somthing very offencive to somone else, and trolling by it self is just about the least offencive rule to break we have ;)

Just in the future try not to troll :p

lord_goth
May 14th, 2006, 22:22
Not being funny but whats happened to freedom on the net?

Ennohex
May 14th, 2006, 22:30
It still seems that the 6-button option doesn't want to work for all games. I tried MK3 and UKM3 to no avail. Also, you can't configure a (megadrive) button to the left trigger and shift the menu button somewhere else, that sucks.

Fixing these 2 gripes will make this emulator better than PSPGenesis. Until then, I'll still be using PSPGenesis.

gavind
May 15th, 2006, 00:58
i think shadow is trolling

only kidding

gooding_5
May 15th, 2006, 01:00
i got an error on my 2.6
"found suspicious hardpath"
any ideas??

Jay_PSP
May 15th, 2006, 01:01
Does this work with 2.0 using tiff?

mog
May 15th, 2006, 03:15
This is great... only that the download links on this thread are confusing. :confused:
I downloaded the right one in the end tho.

Which one of these sounds like the link for 1.00 psp's?
1: 1.50 eloader.zip
2: 1.50 firmware1.5.zip
...lol
anyone else that got confused, the answer is #1, but i downloaded #2 twice by accident! :p

Chackan
May 15th, 2006, 07:14
I've got a 2.0 psp and it doesnt work in tiff mode neither in gta mode =|

yamaneko
May 15th, 2006, 12:08
Beyond Oasis Work ?

Apoklepz
May 15th, 2006, 21:48
Beyond Oasis Work ?

I don't know, but some people who posted earlier here claim it to be working. I'll test this today.

Can anyone tell me if there's finally an exit to this emulator? And also if it's not in the options, how to execute it... I just don't like making a forced shutdown when playing homebrew on my PSP, because when you turn it back on there's always a brief flash on-screen of what you were last playing & I hear this can be harmful to my system in the long run...Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

I also want to thank the autor of this homebrew for this update and shadow for bringing it here. Good work people.

Eternal-Blue
May 16th, 2006, 07:31
Is it possible to remove the "system messages" (the messages when you save stats or change sound via r+start, r+analog ect.)

Got the problem that everytime i save/load stats i lose the vsync.

Lhun
May 16th, 2006, 07:52
Great emulator! Glad to see progress still being made. I just had a suggestion to make regarding browsing rom files. It would be very nice if pressing left and right on the D-Pad while browsing the rom list would "page up / page down" the files (Like most other emulators do). When one has a rather large list, it takes forever to get down the list to X/Y/Z.

(Right now when you push left and right on the D-pad it jumps to save states or backs out of the folder).

Just a minor suggestion, but Im sure I cant be the only one who finds this a bit tedius.

Again, thanks for all the hard work! And look forward to future upgrades!

-Lhun

Jay_PSP
May 16th, 2006, 14:31
Thanks for the releases!

One problem:
With DGen 1.5 the screen turns green after the Sega logo, worked fine with 1.3, playing Berenstain Bears Camping Adventure?

Any ideas?

JaySparrow
May 17th, 2006, 02:45
Any chance this DGEN 1.50 doesn't work in a 2Gb memstick? Because I have tried with 1Gb and 32Mb and works fine...
but with a 2Gb...displays [when starting the DGEN] 'game could not be started'
Is it some problem in adressing the memory or what...? 181Mb according PSP or Windows XP]
The 2Gb memstick seems to be ok... when running various large ISO's games like PoPoLo Crois [1.17Gb] and Daxter [1.26Gb]...
and when occurred the crash it has 5 minor ISOs, and all seem to be running fine...

Or am i doing somethin' wrong...?

P.S. I've tried loading and launching gbemu 1.24 in the same situation above [when crashing DGEN 1.50] and gbemu works fine...!!!
what da heck is goin' on...?

benn
May 19th, 2006, 00:26
As a forum mod here. Im obliagated to tell you.
THat what your doing is called trolling,

Trolling is posting one post right after another repeatedly when all those bits and peices of information could have been summed up better in a single posting.

Trolling is aginst the rules becuase it makes a thread that was trolled in dissorganized and harder to navigate.

This is just a friendly warning.
Trolling is aginst the rules, In the future try to get all of your questions and information into a single post and give somone time to answer that post befor you reply, Think of forums as a turn based thing, you have to be fair to the others ;)

WTF!!!:confused:
do you even know what you are typing???
i dont know where you read that explanation but that is not trolling. the action you refer to is plain old SPAMMING!
TROLLING is TOTALLY different. TROLLING involves posting hear-say, rumour or unfounded truth and presenting it as fact.
an example of trolling is me posting:
"i have a close friend who works at Sony who has just completed Gran Turismo and it goes Gold in June."
i am presenting a rumour as truth. this is misleading to readers and also confuses fact with fiction. this denegrates the authority of the forum. that is why trolling is banned. classically, this action of misleading people through lies is the action of a troll. hence the term.

IWantMyMTV
May 20th, 2006, 13:25
It still seems that the 6-button option doesn't want to work for all games. I tried MK3 and UKM3 to no avail. Also, you can't configure a (megadrive) button to the left trigger and shift the menu button somewhere else, that sucks.

Fixing these 2 gripes will make this emulator better than PSPGenesis. Until then, I'll still be using PSPGenesis.

Using firmware 1.50...

I already prefer this emulator to PSPGenesis although I have both on the memory stick.

The only thing that keeps me from killing PSPGenesis is that DGen won't play Warsong (a top five favorite along with Herzog Zwei, Mutant League Football, Powerball, and Desert Strike...and neither emulator is working 100% with Desert Strike).

PSPGenesis sounds a little better (which is a qualitative judgement), but DGen sounds fine (I run both at 22kHz sampling). PSPGenesis also gets the EA logo correct while DGen does not (see the Road Rash or Mutant League games).

Initially, I though PSPGenesis was faster, but that was because I had PSPGenesis on 'AUTO' frame skipping and DGen on '0'. When I set PSPGenesis frameskip to '1' and DGen frameskip to '1' using 'Type F', DGen was hands down faster and looked better. 'Type A' frameskipping with a value of '1' was about the same as PSPGenesis.

Of course, I don't use the six button configuration (never had a six button controller when I owned a Genesis), so that's a wash for me.

I respect the work of both programmers, and was an early adopter of PSPGenesis. I made the switch at version 1.30 of DGen, and it appears that Syn-Z is still hard at work making DGen better. PSPGenesis appears dormant although it worked pretty well right off...not a whole lot of need for improvements unless you like menu bells and whistles. It's a dream come true being able to play Genesis on a handheld. And both emulators run games at completely playable speeds and in full screen with a teensy bit of frameskipping.

Desert Strike still hangs on the intro screen on PSPGenesis, and you get corrupted colors on Dgen. Other than that, all the games I tend to play work fine. Never tried Beyond Oasis...never owned it when I had my Genesis.

Thanks to both Syn-Z and Sougen for making life a little more fun.

benn
May 20th, 2006, 14:39
Using firmware 1.50...

I already prefer this emulator to PSPGenesis although I have both on the memory stick.

The only thing that keeps me from killing PSPGenesis is that DGen won't play Warsong (a top five favorite along with Herzog Zwei, Mutant League Football, Powerball, and Desert Strike...and neither emulator is working 100% with Desert Strike).

PSPGenesis sounds a little better (which is a qualitative judgement), but DGen sounds fine (I run both at 22kHz sampling). PSPGenesis also gets the EA logo correct while DGen does not (see the Road Rash or Mutant League games).

Initially, I though PSPGenesis was faster, but that was because I had PSPGenesis on 'AUTO' frame skipping and DGen on '0'. When I set PSPGenesis frameskip to '1' and DGen frameskip to '1' using 'Type F', DGen was hands down faster and looked better. 'Type A' frameskipping with a value of '1' was about the same as PSPGenesis.

Of course, I don't use the six button configuration (never had a six button controller when I owned a Genesis), so that's a wash for me.

I respect the work of both programmers, and was an early adopter of PSPGenesis. I made the switch at version 1.30 of DGen, and it appears that Syn-Z is still hard at work making DGen better. PSPGenesis appears dormant although it worked pretty well right off...not a whole lot of need for improvements unless you like menu bells and whistles. It's a dream come true being able to play Genesis on a handheld. And both emulators run games at completely playable speeds and in full screen with a teensy bit of frameskipping.

Desert Strike still hangs on the intro screen on PSPGenesis, and you get corrupted colors on Dgen. Other than that, all the games I tend to play work fine. Never tried Beyond Oasis...never owned it when I had my Genesis.

Thanks to both Syn-Z and Sougen for making life a little more fun.

good post man (and only your second).
posts like this are a worthy contribution to threads.

i have always been a DGEN player and have wondered about trying out the other MD emu but having read your post i will stay where i am apart from to try out Warsong. i never played the game but if you rate it as one of your top 5 (and the genesis had many top games) then i will give it a go.

keep up the 'good contribution' posts.

IWantMyMTV
May 20th, 2006, 19:41
Warsong is a turn-based, fantasy tactics game...similar to Fallout Tactics released on the PC...or you could say somewhat like Heroes of Might and Magic without the city building/resource management or King's Bounty (remember that on the Genesis?...proud papa of the Heroes of Might and Magic series) without the overland travel...I liked it but I'm not much of a twitch gamer...

Another good one (that I forgot) is Megalomania (or Tyrants: Fight thru Time as we called it in the U.S.)...one of the first RTS games...nothing better than dropping nukes on a guy that only had biplanes...the biggest difference is that you don't control your units once they're produced...you can just leave them defending your base or attacking the enemy...and the game does it based on tech levels and numbers of attackers/defenders and defensive emplacements with very little animation...therefore, it's not a click fest RTS...it was extremely difficult trying to win the last levels...(tip: If you never played it, always reserve about half the people you have available...your real resource is people...the more idle people you have, the faster they reproduce and the more you can subsequently leave idle (ummm...reproducing), harvesting resources or researching...on the early levels, you don't need all the men available and it reserves the ones you don't use for later levels where you will need them...play the early levels with the bare minimum of people needed to win)

Tech trees and resource management just a little before Dune and a long time before the original Warcraft or C&C...plus, it was weapons from different historical periods (not a great variety but enough to keep it interesting)...you can form (and break) alliances...the Italian guy (Caesar) is great with his 'You wanna come on my side?' effeminate Mario speech synthesis...

Megalomania only works on DGen and was the reason that I added DGen initially...(PSPGenesis loads it and then just goes to a black screen...you can still go to the emulator menu and stuff...ie, it doesn't freeze the PSP...just can't play the game)

shadowprophet
May 20th, 2006, 22:28
WTF!!!:confused:
do you even know what you are typing???
i dont know where you read that explanation but that is not trolling. the action you refer to is plain old SPAMMING!
TROLLING is TOTALLY different. TROLLING involves posting hear-say, rumour or unfounded truth and presenting it as fact.
an example of trolling is me posting:
"i have a close friend who works at Sony who has just completed Gran Turismo and it goes Gold in June."
i am presenting a rumour as truth. this is misleading to readers and also confuses fact with fiction. this denegrates the authority of the forum. that is why trolling is banned. classically, this action of misleading people through lies is the action of a troll. hence the term.
You know what thats irritates me slightly.
But the hell with it. im haveing a good day today nothing can bring me down today, And you . You have a good day to :cool: :pCheers:p

IWantMyMTV
May 20th, 2006, 23:34
Dont get on my bad side. thats not a threat, thats not a promise, thats stateing the obvious that i am a mod here and you are not.
Common sense should serve you well enough to know that you wouldnt want one on your bad side, think about this in the future please:cool:

Did you say that you were a mod or God? *scratching head* I'm a bit confused...

I'm not exactly sure what a mod does, but there was no profanity in benn's post...and I, for one, learned what trolling is...I thought it was education...the flaming wasn't directed at me so maybe I didn't take it as personally as you did...but I've been called a lot worse than that in other forums and during online gaming...

Just a suggestion...stop taking every post personally...or do it in PM or e-mail world...and be careful with your warnings...

Forums are built on the free exchange of ideas and opinions...obviously some methods of expression have to be moderated, but you really don't want to exercise that power capriciously or you'll lose your forum and be moderating yourself...

shadowprophet
May 20th, 2006, 23:48
And seconedly, I changed my post of my own will.
Because I wanted to be civel about this.
The problem is, every time I lay my hands upon a keyboard. Someone has somthing to say about the way I do things.
Now the problem is. People just want to walk all over everything I do and examine my posts like im being studied under a fine tooth comb.
I dont like this.
Its irritating as hell. And where exactly did you come off with did I say I was a mod or a God?
When people meet your posts with WTF!! thats kind of rude isnt it?
Its also kind of rude to assume things. of people.
To exspect more of them because there a mod.
Im just as human as you and i get pissed when I have people examine every single post I make looking for flaws to correct me in.
Im not prefect and I dont clame to be.
But whats really irritating, is this is just a small percent of the shit I have to listen to every single day from people. and frankly im quite sick of it.
So very very sick. You yhink ym job is in danger?
go ahead. take it away bro :p
The fact of the matter is I didnt get the job by not knowing what im doing. it wasnt given to me as a prize or a mercy gift. I got it because I know what the hell im doing.
And im not pissed i just find it offencive. That i cant be treated as a regular user. and everything i say or do is picked apart and examined and raveged like a pack of wild dogs hungry for blood.
Try being me for just one day. you would quit bro, you would quit and wouldnt look back.

mr_nick666
May 21st, 2006, 00:20
You should try being me for a bit... You might like the short dress and the flame-red lipstick :) An unusual look for a man you might say.. but what I do in the privacy of my own home...! :p

Chin up shadow - dont let the b**tards grind you down! :D

shadowprophet
May 21st, 2006, 00:22
You should try being me for a bit... You might like the short dress and the flame-red lipstick :) An unusual look for a man you might say.. but what I do in the privacy of my own home...! :p

Chin up shadow - dont let the b**tards grind you down! :D
thanx mr_nick666 lol that made me laugh :p

mr_nick666
May 21st, 2006, 00:28
If Im gonna be up and on the computer at gone midnight I might as well make a man smile ;) (this it what happens when my girlfriend leaves me unattended!) :o

You can please some of the people... etc...
You seem fully into your homebrew to me and you talk like one of us and get enthused like one of us so, as far as Im concerned, your just one of us :)

Remember kids... Shadowprophet is just a man! :eek:

funy56
May 21st, 2006, 03:29
And seconedly, I changed my post of my own will.
Because I wanted to be civel about this.
The problem is, every time I lay my hands upon a keyboard. Someone has somthing to say about the way I do things.
Now the problem is. People just want to walk all over everything I do and examine my posts like im being studied under a fine tooth comb.
I dont like this.
Its irritating as hell. And where exactly did you come off with did I say I was a mod or a God?
When people meet your posts with WTF!! thats kind of rude isnt it?
Its also kind of rude to assume things. of people.
To exspect more of them because there a mod.
Im just as human as you and i get pissed when I have people examine every single post I make looking for flaws to correct me in.
Im not prefect and I dont clame to be.
But whats really irritating, is this is just a small percent of the shit I have to listen to every single day from people. and frankly im quite sick of it.
So very very sick. You yhink ym job is in danger?
go ahead. take it away bro :p
The fact of the matter is I didnt get the job by not knowing what im doing. it wasnt given to me as a prize or a mercy gift. I got it because I know what the hell im doing.
And im not pissed i just find it offencive. That i cant be treated as a regular user. and everything i say or do is picked apart and examined and raveged like a pack of wild dogs hungry for blood.
Try being me for just one day. you would quit bro, you would quit and wouldnt look back.

Can this be play on version 2.5? I tried but it switch itself off after loading.

Uhh sorry man. I clicked the edit option insted of the reply with quote option :(
My bad. The options are so close togeather in the mod control panel. :(

xXSujoXx
May 21st, 2006, 03:34
Love it

shadowprophet
May 21st, 2006, 03:41
Can this be play on version 2.5? I tried but it switch itself off after loading.

Uhh sorry man. I clicked the edit option insted of the reply with quote option :(
My bad. The options are so close togeather in the mod control panel. :(
Sorry i messed up your post, I feel bad about it :(
i only ment to reply to your quote the edit quote options and the reply to quote option are right beside each other. and I made a mistake.
By the time i had realized it, it was too late :(
Anyway. yes this can be played on a version 2.5
All you need to do is to make sure you have the proper version the me version is for 1.0 and 1.5 the other is the one you need :cool:

lynchjuk
May 28th, 2006, 17:32
Simple question. Does or can dgen v1.5 run with gta eloader on v2.6. If so how?

Cooe14
May 28th, 2006, 19:36
I don't think DGEN v1.5 can run with eloader. The one that runs with eloader i think is v1.3

gunntims0103
May 28th, 2006, 19:45
Simple question. Does or can dgen v1.5 run with gta eloader on v2.6. If so how?

sorry bro dgen v.1.5 doesnt work on e-loader at least 4 me it doesnt dgen v.1.3 is the one you want
;)

qaopjlll
May 28th, 2006, 21:20
Has anybody managed to get the 6-button controls to work at all? Every game I tried them with wouldn't respond to input with 6-button mode activated.

Compatibility seems lower than last release... Lemmings 2 worked before but now is just a black screen. Megaman Wily Wars still won't work for me. At least the problem with the water in Sonic 2 is fixed.

Between this and PSPGenesis, both are good but neither one is great. DGen has lower compatibility but PSPGenesis is slower and crashes all the time.

V3N0M
May 28th, 2006, 21:24
Dgens the one to stick with. I haven't had any problems at all.

tinmanjo
May 29th, 2006, 23:51
Hi i recently was uisng 1.30 with ebocks loader and 2.60 firmware and it worked fine, but for some reason now it doesnt work, it just crashes and switches off, any ideas as to what it could be, ive tried everything to get 1.30 to work again and it just crashes.

I wiped the memory card
Tried several roms
etc.etc..

Zion
May 29th, 2006, 23:54
have you tried using a older version of the eboot loader? or the new eboot loader without the cache option?

tinmanjo
May 30th, 2006, 01:08
I tried the alternative eloader, no success, it still crashes, not sure where you can get an older eloader from except 0.97, it seems strange why the thing wont work after it did.

Is Synz releasing a patch for dgen 1.50 to run 2+ firmware?

mavsman4457
May 30th, 2006, 01:12
how do you switch background images? what kind of file do you need for a background, .png or .jpg?

shadowprophet
May 30th, 2006, 01:18
If there speaking of the program im thinking of I belive the format you need is BMP actuelly:)
*edit. My bad your talking about the emu itself.
lol
I thought you where speaking of the program to change the background images on the psp.
My bad lol moveing along now.

Zion
May 30th, 2006, 01:21
Have you tried the no-cache version. If that doesnt work the only thing i can think of is that you are using zipped roms?

mavsman4457
May 30th, 2006, 01:39
wait, can you change the background on a 1.5 psp?

mavsman4457
May 30th, 2006, 01:39
of the psp itself? sorry for the double post.

shadowprophet
May 30th, 2006, 01:44
need alink to the program ?
Remember tho its a flash program that flashed the background pics to the psp firmware so be careful with it :)

Post 191 in this thread http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=24130&page=7
Is a program i uploaded it can also be found here its the same program i just put it there for eaiser access. this is the progie you need to change the background on the 1.5 psp :)

omadeli
May 30th, 2006, 12:41
none of the dgens work on my psp! and ive used dgen 1.30 but it has stopped working strangely please help me i have a 2.6 psp

mavsman4457
May 30th, 2006, 20:10
what does it mean in the personalize readme when it talks about a second memory stick?

shadowprophet
May 30th, 2006, 20:21
psp personalze was created before the single card exploit was made
back when people had to card swap.
Its best to just follow the readme step by step :)
because the program isnt set up be done with a single card :)

Eingang
May 30th, 2006, 21:18
hey there is anyone out there who knows how to contact the coder syn-z itself ??

My absolute number 1 favorite game is Mega Turrican and it has major graphic errors in the background and with some sprites. They are simply messed up, blocky, no idea how to describe. Just play 5 minutes and you will see what I mean. None of the other emus shows these problems, but this is the best anyway.

So could someone please ask him to look this problem up and solve it ??? It would really make me happier !!!! THX

gunntims0103
May 30th, 2006, 21:38
can Syn-z fix his e-loader virson the download doesnt work and its been lik that 4 a while

halogta
May 30th, 2006, 21:59
I must be doing something wrong because mine doesnt work when i select dgen i get a black screen and my psp shut off, i have a version 2.6 psp i dont no if tht has anything to do with it or not, please respond

gunntims0103
May 30th, 2006, 22:08
I must be doing something wrong because mine doesnt work when i select dgen i get a black screen and my psp shut off, i have a version 2.6 psp i dont no if tht has anything to do with it or not, please respond

read the post i put on the top of yours Syn-z's e-loader version does not work he has to fix it

Zion
May 30th, 2006, 22:09
I think someone should start a Dgen help Thread.

EDIT : il do it :p

mavsman4457
May 31st, 2006, 01:42
wait, shadow prophet, what if i don't have a second memory card? sorry for my ignorance.

edit: ok thanks for the help i found a site to download that clarifies what to do for having only one memory stick and gives you the correct files. http://files.pspupdates.qj.net/cgi-bin/cfiles.cgi?0,0,0,0,38,479

Chackan
June 2nd, 2006, 16:44
Still waiting for the loader version to be fixed =|

mavsman4457
June 3rd, 2006, 04:16
so does anybody know if the background can be changed and how to do so?

ambetz
October 10th, 2006, 14:30
hello im new here and i got lot of problem in my psp 2.6

-DraGon-
October 12th, 2006, 11:31
Love this emu!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;)