PDA

View Full Version : Solar Charger for PSP/DS/GBA In the UK

wraggster
May 14th, 2006, 16:59
Divineo UK (http://www.divineo.co.uk/php/affstart.php?affcode=arboretum&prod=psp-sc) have announced they are in stock of the Solar Charger for the PSP/DS & GBA, it looks like a GBASP in design, heres the details:

http://www.success-hk.com/item_photo/item/PSP-0130_Ld6q2.jpg

Recharge the PSP, Nintendo DS or GBA-SP without a power source
Portable and environmentally friendly
Built in 1800mAh Li-ion battery
Cables to connect to PSP, DS & GBA-SP provided
Recharges in 4 hours in bright sunlight
Can be used in Sunlight or Cloudy Conditions, plus can also be used in artificial (indoor) light

More info at Divineo UK (http://www.divineo.co.uk/php/affstart.php?affcode=arboretum&prod=psp-sc)

mog
May 14th, 2006, 17:59
...isn't this the same one that's been around for like a year now?

Cool anyway, i've been thinking about getting one but i wanna hear from someone else that has it already...

If it has the same mAh Li-ion type battery as the psp built in, then it should be able to power the psp for 4+ hours.
So does that mean you can run your psp of this and never need to turn it off as long as there is sunlight?

mr_nick666
May 14th, 2006, 18:05
Im waiting for user reviews too! :confused:
Sounds good in theory...

shirtsforpants
May 14th, 2006, 18:17
sounds cool, but isn't it a less than awesome idea to purposely leave a videogame system in direct sunlight for four+ hours?

Mr. Shizzy
May 14th, 2006, 19:26
^^^LOL - Thats the same thing I was thinking. It might be good to keep around for an absolute emergancy- but I wouldn't use it in the direct sunlight.

Sterist
May 14th, 2006, 19:44
4 hours must be the "Best-Case-Scenario"

Video_freak
May 14th, 2006, 20:32
sounds cool, but isn't it a less than awesome idea to purposely leave a videogame system in direct sunlight for four+ hours?

ya i know, wouldn't it just be horrible to find your psp baking outside. :eek: i think this accessory was invented by a complete dumbass... :rolleyes:

jaydoo
May 14th, 2006, 20:38
I live in the UK and got one of these a while ago.

Ive gone to work and left it on a sunny window sill all day and theres no way youre getting a full charge out of this thing.

I think the most Ive seen it manage is about 27%.

edit: you charge the charger seperately, then plug it into the psp so no worries abut baked psp.

nigelrigel
May 14th, 2006, 21:29
ya i know, wouldn't it just be horrible to find your psp baking outside. :eek: i think this accessory was invented by a complete dumbass... :rolleyes:

dude the idea is is that the PSP isnt in the sunlight, tis teh CHARGEr in the light!

LC_killer
May 14th, 2006, 21:40
this sounds liek somthing i might pick up. i am going to be on 2 and ahalf day bus trip to california later this summer, so 2 days there 3 days back. IF it works would be nice insted of bringing 5 batterys.

mog
May 15th, 2006, 02:53
jaydoo, thanks for that.

I don't think that this product is really meant to be sold here in the UK lol !
What we need is rain powered rechargers, far more reliable! :D

mr_nick666
May 15th, 2006, 14:06
Cheers Jaydoo! I live in the UK too so thats me screwed! :mad:

I think Mogs got the right idea - rain power is the way forward for us! :D

bullhead
May 15th, 2006, 14:22
Like a mini water mill you stick out your window and the water turns a dynamo that charges the psp.....! Problem solved. Slogan: "good for a rainy day!"

Cloud_35
May 15th, 2006, 18:37
WTF???????

I think the manual was VERY clear with "do not expose to direct sunlight".

Anyway...