PDA

View Full Version : The aesthetics of Wii

wraggster
May 14th, 2006, 22:12
Via Revfanboy (http://www.revolutionfanboy.com/2006/05/13/the-aesthetics-of-wii/)

It's strange how almost every single picture of the Wii fails spectacularly to depict the console's actual size. In reality, the system is ridiculously small with an aesthetic that deftly illustrates how far Nintendo has come in terms of design after they churned out the monstrous looking N64. We're not shallow enough to attach much significance to a console's appearance, but there's something unnervingly attractive about that small white box and its various attachments.

Screenshots Via Comments

emuking
May 14th, 2006, 23:49
wow sexy

samthegreat68
May 15th, 2006, 05:49
man i would like that zapper better if the trigger was back where it should be

Miria
May 15th, 2006, 11:11
kool im gona hav to save if i want to buy all those accessories.

the one and only
May 15th, 2006, 11:22
man i would like that zapper better if the trigger was back where it should be

i actually think it is

if you look in the hole near the right end there is a button that will no doubt be used as a trigger

lol just tying to help xD

Anger
May 15th, 2006, 14:27
thats probably a pre-production prototype - meaning the final design will probably change. i think they would have showed it just to show us theres one in the works. :D

Nemu64
May 15th, 2006, 22:03
ok I have have a quick comment I have looked at the gun supposed prototype i believe the whole by the handle has a small button correct me if im wrong but i does seem to be a small rectangular shape there for this button that you were looking for just my opinion

pkmaximum
May 15th, 2006, 22:11
OMG I didn't even know there was another remote to choose from for the WII that may def. up my chances of buying this sytem. But it all depends because Nintendo will probaly be gay and charge for the roms for the emulators. And I will have to pay twice for games that I already own. (That will be a bummer :() But any way I do thing that gun is sexy and I'm sure its for games like playing duckhunt from back in the day lol ^_^ So I hope Nintendo will have a low price unlike PS3 and XBox 360 especially Ps3 $500-$600 o_O!!!! How do you guys thing the backwards compatability for the WII will work anyway?

Anger
May 16th, 2006, 00:40
well i hope they dont charge for carts we have but put it this way - how would they validate that you have a cart for a game so you can download the rom version for free? well the answer imo is that they cant and that means they will charge for all the old games - even if you already own them. the backwards compatability is an emulator meaning it should work like any other homebrew except they will probably have some kind of drm for the roms you download. they could allow you to download the rom for a set price or for a cheaper price download a time limited copy. i think this is a bad idea because people just dont like being told what they can and cant do with there own software - especially if they have the carts for those games already and are being made to pay for them again.
i really think the whole wii concept will be put to the test when they reveal exactly how this will work. im hoping they have some form of validation for legit carts so you dont have to pay twice for a game.

stotheamuel
May 16th, 2006, 01:30
i think a usb port for all old cartridges... and it should be able to play those weird lil gamecube disks and then a downloading service

that wud be awesome.. and prevent theft

Anger
May 16th, 2006, 02:32
yeah that would be a damned good idea - a usb based adapter to take the rom direct from the cartridge. well i doubt they would do this but this is a good idea if there plans can still be changed. whatever the outcome they have garaunteed that i will be buying a wii - if not on release date then soon after (funds permitting) :D

cndnlink
May 16th, 2006, 04:00
Man do people actually read any inforamation that comes out about the Wii. You will be able to play single or double layer 12cm optical discs, as well as the 8cm gamecube discs. And y would you want a usb slot, it will have an sd slot which you can use to upgrade internal flash memory. Hopefully from that we might be able to load roms. But untill we actually have a wii we can't test that theory.

Do some research before you post. Please

Fly On
May 16th, 2006, 04:32
I always thought the gun was just badass. :)

the one and only
May 16th, 2006, 04:57
ok I have have a quick comment I have looked at the gun supposed prototype i believe the whole by the handle has a small button correct me if im wrong but i does seem to be a small rectangular shape there for this button that you were looking for just my opinion

meh i said it first :D

Cap'n 1time
May 16th, 2006, 05:09
the gun is kind of bulky... but cool none the less

stotheamuel
May 16th, 2006, 05:14
. You will be able to play single or double layer 12cm optical discs, as well as the 8cm gamecube discs. Hopefully from that we might be able to load roms. But untill we actually have a wii we can't test that theory.

Do some research before you post. Please

i said i'm sure we will be able to play old gamecube disks.... and exactly MIGHT we'll have to wait

and usb would be pretty slow... but nintendo is a lil behind right now in the console game... its had some has ass ideas

psiko_scweek
May 19th, 2006, 23:17
I think Nintendo has everyright to charge for its older games (nes, snes, n64) becayse they do own it.

Now from what ive been getting they wont charge more than 5 for any one game, and that TurboGrafx games are going to be sold for 1 or 2 dollars. Now that isnt too much to ask.

the ONLY thing i see wrong with the idea is the fact that you wont be able to get ANY rom from ANY system only Nintendo games....meaning no Final Fantasy games for us...or Perfect Dark for that matter

Anger
May 19th, 2006, 23:48
i dont dispute paying - i dispute paying twice.
why should we, the people that had the original game carts, be made to pay for the same game just to allow us to play it on a new system? now i dont mind a small subscription fee to allow me to download any of the titles available but i will not pay a game by game fee when i still have the original versions in my attic, and can play pretty much any of them on my pc, my xbox, or my psp.
i know they have to make money on it which is why i dont oppose a subscription service, so im hoping they go down that route - either that or verify somehow the holder has the original cartidges of the games in question.

i guess time will reveal the mystery.

the ONLY thing i see wrong with the idea is the fact that you wont be able to get ANY rom from ANY system only Nintendo games....meaning no Final Fantasy games for us...or Perfect Dark for that matter

your supposition is wrong - there are going to be games from other systems - even segas old machines, so this is far from a fact.
whatever companies decide to sign up shall allow the games from there respective developers to be downloaded, so any developer could end up putting there games through this system meaning we could see virtually any game on a previous system being made available.

Video_freak
May 20th, 2006, 00:52
i would love a usb cartridge adapter. it could be the perfect solution. i hope Nintendo is reading these posts ::cross fingers::

Anger
May 20th, 2006, 01:59
it would solve a lot of problems imo. im also hoping they read this.

psiko_scweek
May 26th, 2006, 00:31
ok i know for a fact that the Wii can play certain Sega and TurboGrafX games...

what i was referring to, is SNES and N64 games that were not developed or released by Nintendo. Such as Squaresoft's Final Fantasy and Rare's Perfect Dark.

and they wont release a USB to catridge adapter. I dont think spending $1 or $2 for a game is actually a bad thing.

also, just wait for hackers to hack the SD format so we can put our "legal" roms unto them so we can play then with the Wii

Anger
May 26th, 2006, 03:07
they wont? probably not but it would be wise if they did. do you know something noone else knows?
i dont like paying twice for my games but im sure there will be people like yourself willing to pay. im hoping - even if the cart adapter is infeasible - that they allow us who have the orig carts to use them intead of purchasing the games again.