PDA

View Full Version : snes9xTYL 0.4.2 std/me Just released

mameuser
May 15th, 2006, 00:38
Yoyofr and Laxer3a (http://yoyofr92.free.fr/psp/snespsp.html) have released a new version of the best Snes emulator for the PSP, heres whats new:

Hi all, new version's ready

it comes with some bugs fixed , some others not

get it as the usual place :

here's a quick list of changes :

[FIX] key combo are now allowed in game when not assigned to a specific feature (L+R, ...).
[FIX] annoying ingame popups ("3", ...) should be gone.
[FIX] sound issues after loading a savestate should be gone.
[FIX] noise issue when starting a game fixed.
[FIX] now should exit without crashing on psp 2.xx.
[FIX] uncompressed rom now have loading progress bar too.
[FIX] improved ips patch handling, still not perfect. Try to IPS patch your game before putting them on PSP.
[FIX] credits screen fixed.
[NEW] me version : started to implement a "pseudo sleep mode". psp clock is reduced, screen is turned off and buttons won't respond.
however, the backlight cannot be switched off automatically, neither the psp put to real sleep mode.
hold the display button for 2s to completely turn off the LCD.
[NEW] GUI reworked a bit.
[NEW] beep sounds when selecting stuff in menu & file browser can now be turned off in menu / misc / pad beep.
[NEW] sound output volume doubled.
[NEW] added a 300Mhz setting for eLoader 0.97 (333Mhz won't work on this eLoader version, because of wifi : thx fanjita ;-) )
[NEW] savestate export to snes9x (using snes9x slot 1). Copy the SAVES/<game rom filename>.000 to your PC and load in snes9x.
[NEW] little intro Press a button to skip it if you don't like it

so things like better cheats code handling, macros/combos handling, network features, ... will be part of releases!

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

Pelnied
May 15th, 2006, 01:11
awesome guys last version rocked but this prob Way better

PS: the last version didnt auto savestate when it was turned on... did u fix it this version?

V3N0M
May 15th, 2006, 01:13
Very cool, nice revision.

Sterist
May 15th, 2006, 01:15
wut compression format does it use?

Stringa
May 15th, 2006, 01:18
Hah, this was a surprise. Awesome update guys. Ta.

Neo-Tokyo
May 15th, 2006, 01:21
this version doesn't work with my 2.5 psp, the previous one did, though. I can only see a white picture, nothing more and freezes completely.

Shadelancer
May 15th, 2006, 01:23
Wierd Glitch. When I use the "Detect mode" for redefining key's, everything I try to set with O - then hit the button I want to change it to it is "Up(analog)".

Odd.

Psp 1.5 - Snes9xTyl 0.4.2me.
Note: Only When "Analog Stick mapped to pad" - is set to yes.

Otherwise, Wonderful Job. =)

Damian666
May 15th, 2006, 01:25
WOW!WOW!WOW! Wait...let me say it again...WOW!

Jonesyxxiv
May 15th, 2006, 01:34
Doesnt work for my 2.6 either. I just get a white screen.:( Hope they fix this soon.

edit: I tried the 1.5 eboot also. Same thing happened.

Pelnied
May 15th, 2006, 01:53
my question is... WHATS UP WITH ALL THE EMULATOR TOPICS POPPING UP TODAY????? lol

PS: Will u fix the auto savestate?

Illegal Machine
May 15th, 2006, 02:14
I dig the changes...

good stuff this is.

Cooe14
May 15th, 2006, 02:18
I h g u j h uuuu j h u u u uuuuu jj jj j j jjjjjjj jj jj jj jj jjjjjj hg b hgb hg b hgb hgb hggbbbbbnbbnbnbnbn
It's that awesome!

Video_freak
May 15th, 2006, 02:23
i'm really glad that you fixed the sound issues from when you load a savestate. other than that, the emu was perfect!!!

tedou
May 15th, 2006, 02:29
big thanks yoyop you are the best

mog
May 15th, 2006, 02:39
[FIX] annoying ingame popups ("3", ...) should be gone.!!!
I was just thinking about putting 0.2c back on my psp to play FF6.
I wasn't expecting to find another update for a few months... but TYL, you guys rule! :p

luis_05
May 15th, 2006, 02:55
Dude!! this is awesome!! It way faster than the previous version. It did not crash my psp like the previous version. Thanks once again for ur time in doing this emulator for psp lovers like myself!! I have psp fw 2.01, for jonesyxxiv and neo-tokyo try downloading the standard version not the me one cuz that one uses kernel mode!!

cloud_952
May 15th, 2006, 02:59
>_> But.. I don't WANT to download the STD version.

;_; My PSP is clean.

Anyway.. onto the topic, it looks interesting. I really need to get back to SNES gaming on my PSP. It makes the world much more enjoyable when you can play SNES games on the go. =D

Jonesyxxiv
May 15th, 2006, 02:59
Dude!! this is awesome!! It way faster than the previous version. It did not crash my psp like the previous version. Thanks once again for ur time in doing this emulator for psp lovers like myself!! I have psp fw 2.01, for jonesyxxiv and neo-tokyo try downloading the standard version not the me one cuz that one uses kernel mode!!

LOL Im not a noob. I did download the standard version. It just doesnt load. All you get is a white screen. The Last version worked fine.

uhoh_hotdogs
May 15th, 2006, 03:00
Hmmm. I also have a 2.6 version filmware PSP and I get the white screen too . . . I don't know what's going on, I am indeed using the non ME version.

jman420
May 15th, 2006, 03:07
well wow, thanks.. Final Fantasy Mystic Quest works now :D

I did have an issue with sound on Super Mario RPG, but that was after I loaded a save state, so it could have been that...

and as for the psudo-sleep mode, if you press a button it will turn on your backlight, so it only realy saves power if you also turn it to lock all buttons (on the power swich)

anyway, Thank you TYL group.. or, YL group :P

Voltron
May 15th, 2006, 03:12
my question is... WHATS UP WITH ALL THE EMULATOR TOPICS POPPING UP TODAY?????

Its been an amazing week for PSP homebrew. This is the perfect finale to the constant quality releases this weekend.

I say the more EMU's the better. And this is now definitely the best PSP EMU for 1.50 firmware PSP's.

Sound output DOUBLED ---> YES! It was so quiet compared to other EMU's.

I hope more donations start coming your way TYL. You deserve them. I know I will be donating (Again) :-)

Thank you for keeping SNES alive on the best Portable gaming device in the world.

Video_freak
May 15th, 2006, 03:14
wow....playing with the ME version right now! ::drool::

dan3127
May 15th, 2006, 03:16
well done man for a great emulator this snes ty version 0.4.2 is great its running fine on my 2.6 with gta e loader 0.9.7 for the confused 2.6 owners with white screen simply do this make sure you are running 0.9.7 e loader then when you have extracted this emulator to wherever you will see 1.5 and 1.0 double click on 1.0 and then move what you see snesty to psp/game then double click the 1.5 u will see 2 snesty and snesty% move both thease aswell 1 as a time both 2 psp game then load gta and when you see your emulator list one of them wont be there because it was corrupted and 2 will one that works 1 that dosent to check which one does, just move down to the emulator where you see 4.2 and press square if it says error code thats the 1 that wont work the other 4.2 does so to recap extract all files then move all 3 snes ty 1 by 1 to psp game 1 works u will see as long as it is e loader 0.9.7 and 2.6 hope this helps then moving roms is the same as always just move to the emulator hope this helps :D :D let me no if it did help i like helping lol:D

uhoh_hotdogs
May 15th, 2006, 03:31
Still nothing. I tried both the 1.0 and the 1.5 versions for the non ME version as well as ME versions. When I load the emulator I get a white screen (for the non ME versions) and when I load the ME version I get a black screen (I know the ME version isn't supposed to work on filmware 2.6 PSPs but I tried it to make sure the downloads weren't mixed up). I extracted all of the files and am using eloader 0.97 with emenu 0.1. And I placed the folder into my GAME folder. It just isn't working for me. I'm not sure what the problem is, the previous version worked for me.

Video_freak
May 15th, 2006, 03:37
i'm using the ME version (fw 1.5) and i still don't get sound for some of the games i load from savestate :(

dan3127
May 15th, 2006, 03:38
are you placing the actual 1.0 or 1.5 folders the whole folder, or are you opening the folder first and just moving the snesty folder if you move the 1.0 or 1.5 folders to psp game it wont work you need to open each of thease and only move the snesty folder do this with 1.0 1.5 and you should have some luck just move the lot but only the snesty folders not the whole lot including the number 1.5 1.0 that wont work open thease and move the snesty whats inside thease ok:) :) :)

Jonesyxxiv
May 15th, 2006, 03:39
Still nothing. I tried both the 1.0 and the 1.5 versions for the non ME version as well as ME versions. When I load the emulator I get a white screen (for the non ME versions) and when I load the ME version I get a black screen (I know the ME version isn't supposed to work on filmware 2.6 PSPs but I tried it to make sure the downloads weren't mixed up). I extracted all of the files and am using eloader 0.97 with emenu 0.1. And I placed the folder into my GAME folder. It just isn't working for me. I'm not sure what the problem is, the previous version worked for me.

^^^Exactly the same thing for me^^^ It seems we are doing everything right it just doesnt work. I dont know why it works for you.

Edit: Dan3127, like i said before im not a noob. I know how to put homebrew on my psp.

Sk8.4.Life
May 15th, 2006, 03:46
Why in the world can't I download it? I click the link, and it keeps sending me to a log in screen, where I promptly log in, only to have it refresh the same page, asking me to log in again.

dan3127
May 15th, 2006, 03:48
^^^Exactly the same thing for me^^^ It seems we are doing everything right it just doesnt work. I dont know why it works for you.

Edit: Dan3127, like i said before im not a noob. I know how to put homebrew on my psp.
I never for once said you were a noob i was just going into as much detail to help you sorry for trying

Video_freak
May 15th, 2006, 03:51
Why in the world can't I download it? I click the link, and it keeps sending me to a log in screen, where I promptly log in, only to have it refresh the same page, asking me to log in again.
dude, just download it from another site

Jonesyxxiv
May 15th, 2006, 03:54
I never for once said you were a noob i was just going into as much detail to help you sorry for trying

I know you didnt call me a noob, I was just trying to stress that i knew what i was doing and I have everything set up right and it still wont work.

Edit: I tried to Download from another site (just trying everything) and that didnt work either.

Edit 2:Someone posted this on QJ.net

1. » 2.6 users

try this build here if you can't get past the intro. (white screen)

http://rapidshare.de/files/20485226/snes9xtyl_0.4.2_minusintro.zip.html

Im going to try it now

dkwan20
May 15th, 2006, 04:03
will this work with fanjita??

dan3127
May 15th, 2006, 04:04
well anyway i hope you have some luck the only strange thing that i have found with it jones is that its now got a 300zzz clock speed which at frameskip3 andframes per second 120 is a decent speed but when i move the psp clock to 333z it goes slower instead of faster maybe someone else will post this aswell anyway if you manage to download you will see good luck matey:D

Jonesyxxiv
May 15th, 2006, 04:05
That other build DOES work with 2.6.:)

Sk8.4.Life
May 15th, 2006, 04:34
dude, just download it from another site

Yeah, I went to the owners site and got it, and boy oh boy, it looks amazing!

I haven't used this program since .2, so the interface on this one blew me away! It's simply amazing! That is how all PSP emulators should look. =P

EDIT: And by the way, I'm running it on a OS 2.0 PSP with Fanjita's .97 loader and it works like a charm. I was just playing Secrets Of Mana on it, and I only got minor lag when the text was scrolling in game.

Andraik
May 15th, 2006, 04:44
Cool guys good job!

Video_freak
May 15th, 2006, 06:04
just a suggestion, it would be cool if you could rename the savestates to say whatever you wanted.

vettacossx
May 15th, 2006, 07:25
IF YOU CANT GET THIS VERSION TO WORK INSTALL THE PREVIOUS VERSION AGAIN....THEN JUST REPLACE THE EBOOT FILE WITH THE NEW ONE ... thats what i did for 2.6 and it works gr8 !!!i love the new intro! awsome work its running gr8 on 2.6

ryan_rocks29
May 15th, 2006, 11:09
IF YOU CANT GET THIS VERSION TO WORK INSTALL THE PREVIOUS VERSION AGAIN....THEN JUST REPLACE THE EBOOT FILE WITH THE NEW ONE ... thats what i did for 2.6 and it works gr8 !!!i love the new intro! awsome work its running gr8 on 2.6
Tried this method, still get white screen. Do you replace the EBOOT with the 0.40 or 0.41 one and do you use the STD or ME EBOOT?

EDIT: Tried replacing EBOOT with 0.4.0, 0.4.1, all STD and ME versions and still does not work.

indstr
May 15th, 2006, 13:08
don't know if anybody mentioned this yet..

i tried fake sleep mode for the ME version. it drained about 70% battery life in 9 hours.

not too impressive :(

Lodis
May 15th, 2006, 13:50
Tried this method, still get white screen. Do you replace the EBOOT with the 0.40 or 0.41 one and do you use the STD or ME EBOOT?

EDIT: Tried replacing EBOOT with 0.4.0, 0.4.1, all STD and ME versions and still does not work.

The reason why you are getting the white screen is because of the new intro they added to the emulator. Download and use the no intro build that was posted a few threads back and it will work.

mr_nick666
May 15th, 2006, 13:51
This emulator is near perfect (Not that I can think of anything else it needs!) Just been playing Mario Kart on my 1.5 and it seems even faster than before! :o
Cool new intro and spiffed up user interface - all really well polished ;)
Thanks for making this wicked emulator guys :D

Plowking
May 15th, 2006, 13:59
On my 2.00 PSP:
Eloader version 096

It apppears that Donkey Kong Country no longer works with this new version of the emulator.

I checked various game framerates and compared them to the SNES .02c

Version 4.2 handles mode 7 better, and you'll get better framerates in certain mode 7 sections of games.

The menu in 4.2 is nice, but just far too fiddly and takes longer to configure games. Not being able to frameskip on the fly is annoying.

UPDATE:
Donkey Kong does actually work, but it crashes on the level with the STOP/GO lights - could there be a graphic effect on that level thats crashing the emu?

That level works on PSP accelerated, but not on software modes.

drock82
May 15th, 2006, 16:00
Donkey Country Works Fine On My 1.5 And Im Using The Me Version

Kramer
May 15th, 2006, 16:45
Nice Emulator works fine on 2.6 speed is pretty good with a bit of configuring.
For better speed on 2.1+ turn the sound output frequency down to 22050hz or 11025hz.

shadowprophet
May 15th, 2006, 19:03
I was attacked by a virus that wiped me out.
Im finely back, But so for a 1.5 psp I need to get the me version ?

:confused:

fucht017
May 15th, 2006, 19:04
The opening Theme song from Tales of Phantasia stil scrached a bit...but thanx again for youre hard work:D

Voltron
May 15th, 2006, 21:56
Love the intro, love the new transition effects when changing going to/from menu, love the SPEED, love the enhanced sound output, and well...... hell I love just about everything with this Emulator.

Tetris Attack can be playable now with some tweaking.

I use the 1.50 (ME) version -

Mr. Shizzy
May 15th, 2006, 22:09
DOOM is playable with a little tweaking too.
One BIG question- is Netplay with this possible between a 2.5 & a 1.5 firmwares? The last version of this wasn't. I heard that Netplay would be impossible for a 2.5 using ELOADER. Is this true? Thanks in advance for the info.

Lodis
May 15th, 2006, 22:25
I was attacked by a virus that wiped me out.
Im finely back, But so for a 1.5 psp I need to get the me version ?

:confused:

You definately need to get the ME version if you have a 1.5. The ME version does all sound emulation on the seperate (333MHZ) Media Engine (ME) which makes a huge difference in the speed of eveything. Comparing the ME version's speed to the standard version is like comparing a sports car to a standard model (maybe a bit exageratted I know). Since the Media Engine can only be accessed in Kernel mode, only a 1.5 Psp can use this and believe me you will notice the difference!!

shadowprophet
May 15th, 2006, 22:30
You definately need to get the ME version if you have a 1.5. The ME version does all sound emulation on the seperate (333MHZ) Media Engine (ME) which makes a huge difference in the speed of eveything. Comparing the ME version's speed to the standard version is like comparing a sports car to a standard model (maybe a bit exageratted I know). Since the Media Engine can only be accessed in Kernel mode, only a 1.5 Psp can use this and believe me you will notice the difference!!
Thank you,
I was pretty sure I needed to get the me version,
But I just had to make sure

urherenow
May 16th, 2006, 01:53
you didn't NEED to get the ME version...

you WANT to get the ME version :D

jesterbox911
May 16th, 2006, 04:00
Ok so i need help (I'm a noob at this:( ) first off will the new version run on a v2.6 psp? and if it does i need help on where to place the files both the program itself and the roms. thanks:) If you don't want to post it on here you can email me at [email protected]

ritz
May 16th, 2006, 04:09
DUDE!!! THIS new version ROCKS with a Capital "R"!!! Well played.

Video_freak
May 16th, 2006, 05:33
i play with the ME version and it rocks. another thing that would be cool is if you could rename the savestates. theres also that annoying bug that doesn't play sound when you load a savestate...

Kramer
May 16th, 2006, 08:42
does anyone know if ad-hoc work with 2.1-2.6
and is it any good

Illegal Machine
May 16th, 2006, 10:58
I dont understand all this savestate bug BS

because this emu does the whole SRAM thing, so you can pretty much play the game as it was, you don't have to save it with the state save do you?

I use SRAM autosave, and it works pretty well.

Kramer
May 16th, 2006, 13:50
I just tried ad-hoc it works pretty good on 2.6 except some games wont work

Plowking
May 16th, 2006, 14:05
SNES 4.2 for PSP 2.0 Users

I've finally given up on the old 0.2c version for this latest version. I stuck doggedly to 0.2c due to problems I had with the previous 0.3 and 0.4 versions. Problems include slower speeds, and more game crashes and lockups.

However for PSP 2.0 users (and possibly other versions) there's another problem with this one. It crashes in "PSP Accel approx software mode" when you attempt to run a game or a level within a game that uses a certain graphic effect on screen.

In Donkey Kong 3 on the level 'Stop and Go station' there's a transparent effect used for the lights that I think is the cause of the crash.

On Mario Bros 3, it crashes at the beginning of world 6, when the first level fades in.

I can't fully explain these probs, but they could happen in many games. To fix it I either had to change the engine to PSP Accel accurate soft, or just PSP Accel.

Anyone else encounter these issues?

MaxSMoke
May 16th, 2006, 16:32
What's the point of this Fake-Sleep mode? Is there something wrong with the sleep mode? I know it crashes on Firmware 2.0+, but for 1.5, it works great. I sleep/pause the SNES emulator all of the time with only an occasional crash. It's not like it's hard to just save-state, so it hardly matters if it does crash.

More importantly, I *REALLY* hope that Fake-Sleep isn't the default action for fw1.5. The last thing I need is to think I shutdown my PSP, only to find the battery completely dead the next day when I need it.

bobkarns
May 16th, 2006, 18:13
Long time homebrew user, first time....umm....forummer? Anyway, incredibly impressed with the emulator. I have a 1.5 psp, and the ME version works amazing. The only games i've had trouble with are the mega man X games. They are really fast through the levels, but when i get to a boss the FPS slows down to about 22. All in all though, I am incredibly impressed. THANKS GUYS!!!

gr42178
May 16th, 2006, 18:28
DOOM is playable with a little tweaking too.
One BIG question- is Netplay with this possible between a 2.5 & a 1.5 firmwares? The last version of this wasn't. I heard that Netplay would be impossible for a 2.5 using ELOADER. Is this true? Thanks in advance for the info.
Ive been trying to get doom to work...what kind of "tweaking" did u do?

Plowking
May 17th, 2006, 11:46
2.0+ FW users only:

Ok I did one final big test of the new emulator version last night.

My final report is that I'm going back to the my trusty 0.2c.

Here's why:

For me, a 2.00 PSP user (who doesn't want to downgrade) there is zero improvement in framerates for all games I tried. Maybe there are some out there with an improvement, but out of over 20 I tried, there was none. In fact 0.2c is faster by on average 2 frames.

All mode 7 games (mario kart,. f zero etc.) run just as well in the old version as the new one.

The new enulator has a bug. Games with some sort of transparent effect in certain levels, or the transparent effect often used in RPG's for the dialogue boxes will crash, always, unless the engine type is changeds (usually to PSP Accell. OR just Accurate soft. (not both in some games and only both in others - its quite annoying trying to find the right engine that wont crash)

Note I'm only talking about the firmware 2.0+ version - I believe the ME version must be excellent, because the frame jump in having something else do the sound must be close to the speed jump you get if you turn the sound off in the standard version of the emulator.

Still great work guys, and nice menus etc. Very polished, but reliability probs and no speed increase means I'll be staying with 0.2c.

Still, I love this emulator.

ps . if you're on 2.0+ FW, no amount of tweaking in the world will get Doom playable.

Lt-Razorworks
May 17th, 2006, 16:04
I have done a little bit of PSP coding myself, and one question: is it possible to change the clock speed to anything you want at any given time with code?

If it is, then for this fake sleep mode you might want to clock the PSP processor at 1mhz...that would make the battery last quite a few times longer than what it does now.

Broadus
February 23rd, 2007, 23:30
Why is it that 0.4, not 0.4.2, is linked on the front page as the latest version of SNES9xTYL?

CaptainMorgan4
February 24th, 2007, 00:46
Does anyone know if there will ever be another release, I mean all games aren't full speed (starfox 1 & 2), I mean almost all are perfect but will there be a 0.5?

Tripsk8er333
February 25th, 2007, 10:40
I hate to ask, but does anyone Know if this will be ported to the NDS? Or if it is even possible.

kami_elric
December 31st, 2008, 18:38
it says on BOTH the attached files that they need to be FOUND. o.o