PDA

View Full Version : A new MMORPG??

jman420
May 15th, 2006, 06:54
Hello all, I was just going to join "jman0708" in a MMORPG project, but due to him being banned, I would rather work on a real MMORPG.

I am only a 3D artist, so I cant do anything in the form of Programming, but I do have connections to a kick ass 3D engine, and I would like to set up a project for a new 3D MMORPG based on psp..

I used to be an avid RuneScape player, and I very much enjoyed the game.. but as all things do, it got old..

And now I come before the PSP homebrew scene to ask, would anyone care to help me make a 3D MMORPG for the PlayStation Portable??

and just for further information, I am NOT jman0708, I do not want to get banned as he did under suspicion that I am him, I'm not.

I would like very much to be able to make a game for others to enjoy, but without the ability to program such things, I'm lost on my own..

Thats why I turn to you, the scene. Whom I hope can assist me in this project..

However, I will only stand for 3D, I only want to make a 3 dimensional game, because its not realy what people do.
and its not "Mainstream" because most people dont have any idea how to program in 3 dimensions..

I use Discreet 3D Studio max 7, (a registered version, of course) I would prefer to work using a Collada exporter, but I can use whatever people know how to program for..

Thanks to any and all that may want to jump on this bandwagon, :D
Jake.

JohnK
May 15th, 2006, 08:04
You should forget it. A MMORPG takes years to be done, with a large team of coders. So unless you have it...

jman420
May 15th, 2006, 11:20
true, but it is somthing to look forewards to..
weather or not it can be done is what I'm working twards..
the fact that it may take a while isnt the issue, technicly if I had the coders, the whole thing would depend on the 3D artist, as more of the game was compleeted, the coders would have little to do with the added models.. the whole thing would rely on when the models would be done, and since 3D art is my thing, it wouldnt be much more then script wrighting for the coders...

Cap'n 1time
May 15th, 2006, 15:26
I am all for projects like this! Have you decided on an engine? If you find a decent coder I suggest you take a look at freshmeat.net for some opensource rpg engines.

heres a quick search.
http://freshmeat.net/search/?q=rpg&trove_cat_id=18&section=projects&Go.x=18&Go.y=8

jman420
May 15th, 2006, 16:54
well yeah, the rendering engine I want to use is called Mount Fuji, a full collada rendering engine for psp, pc, linux, ps2, xbox, DC, and GC

JohnK
May 16th, 2006, 08:21
well yeah, the rendering engine I want to use is called Mount Fuji, a full collada rendering engine for psp, pc, linux, ps2, xbox, DC, and GC
I've never heard of this engine.
Could you give me some link ? Google didn't find anything.

jman420
May 16th, 2006, 09:34
its not yet been released to the public yet sry, and I dont want it to be.. untill I talk to the programmer anyway.

xXSujoXx
May 18th, 2006, 21:13
id like to help im good in lua

jman420
May 18th, 2006, 21:37
lua eh? any chance that you can program a 3d engine in lua? or infrascture networking? otherwize, It'd be great if you could help with some programming, I dont think lua is the way I want to go, but if its fully possible to do what I want to, it doesent mater what format its programmed in :D

I realized somthing else, if this project takes off, I'll need a server, any chance anyone could give me server usage aswell??

Cooe14
May 19th, 2006, 04:28
If you are going to go infrastructure do you need someone to donate the use of their server?

jman420
May 19th, 2006, 04:36
realy thats the only way I can think of, cause .. I dont have the money to set up my own rack server....

and I realy couldnt trade off the ammount of ports it would take to link a psp...

so in general, yes, I beleave that I need someone to allow me to use their server, because I dont think I want to use my own internet for my own psp game lol

xXSujoXx
May 19th, 2006, 11:03
i get 10 bucks every week for mowing the lawn... thats 40 a month.... how much is a server

xXSujoXx
May 19th, 2006, 11:04
Hopefullyenoug...