PDA

View Full Version : Wii Will Sell Alot

wraggster
May 15th, 2006, 18:20
Press Release from Nintendo:

The GameCube wasn't Nintendo's biggest success, but the company is looking to change its downward spiral in the console business with the Wii. Speaking to the Japanese press on the 9th, Nintendo president Satoru Iwata said that for the Wii, hardware sales "two to three times that of GameCube is a possibility."

This would put the Wii at between 40 and 60 million units worldwide. Not quite PlayStation numbers, but it's possible that Iwata is just giving a conservative estimate.

Cap'n 1time
May 15th, 2006, 18:54
i dont doubt nintendo will sell really well this time around. I think alot of people want to see the underdog come out on top and with the developments they made, i think it deserves to. The GC was just a game machine.. the wii is something that the worlds never really seen before.

Fly On
May 16th, 2006, 04:36
Underdog? Nintendo was set to pwn the world (even with the minor name setback, which I liked from the beginning :) ), and E3 exemplified that. And the Wii really is just a gaming machine, except on steroids. That's all it's doing right now, gaming. I can't wait to get my hands on one! (Brawl, anyone?)

the one and only
May 16th, 2006, 04:56
hmm after the gamecube nintendo's name was seriously tarnished here in Nz i think i have persuaded 3 people to buy a wii from the red steel footage alone xD times are a changin

bullhead
May 16th, 2006, 15:26
Once this pure GAMEs machine hits the shops, everyone will want one, there will be wii all over the place...
Thats my opinion.

GaMeR_2000
May 16th, 2006, 22:18
It will sell 4 times GC.

Video_freak
May 20th, 2006, 00:43
i remenber when Nintendo was the "Big N" before the PS1 and Gamecube came out.