PDA

View Full Version : MinerPSP v1.1 Released

wraggster
May 15th, 2006, 22:58
Jsharrad (http://www.psp-programming.com/dev-forum/viewtopic.php?p=2023#2023) has released an updated version of Miner PSP, heres the info:

<blockquote>MinerPSP v1.1
-----------------

MinerPSP is based on the game Miner VGA released into the public domain by Harrel W. Stiles in 1989.

You control a miner who's objective is to go underground, collect, and sell valuable materials to win the love of Miss Mimi. She likes rich men but
money is not the only thing that will win her heart....

Changes in V1.1
-------------------

Bugfix: Miss Mimi will no longer marry you as soon as you get into the bar.
Bugfix: The screen will no longer scroll without you if you hit a hazard off map.
Fix: Changed the pricing of torches and how long they last. Less $, more light.
Fix: Instructions are a little more helpful now, use d-pad right to scroll pages.
Fix: Slightly lowered hazard spawn rate and increased mineral spawn rate.
New: Sound.
New: You can now have up to 6 saved games instead of just 1. ***
New: Clover added! Always in first 1000ft. It is said to give the luck of the Irish.
New: Search the area button. Press Cross while underground to check the area out.
Doing this uses more of your torch/lantern though.

***Previous saves should work with this new system, the data was changed a little bit
but the ones I tested were compatible. You need to enter the saves directory and
rename your miner.sav to miner0.sav for it to show on the list.

Controls
----------
Start---------------------Main menu / Close menu / Cancel Save & Load
Cross--------------------Select menu item while menu open
Cross--------------------Search area while underground
D-Pad--------------------Move miner
D-Pad Up----------------Enter building
Hold R + Up/Down------Elevator up/down 100ft
Hold Circle---------------Inventory window
Hold Triangle + --Drill granite at
Hold Square + ---Bail water at
Hold L + press R--------Use dynamite (requires a torch)
Select--------------------Take a screenshot

TIPS:
-------

There is only one clover, don't lose it. Buy a drill as soon as economically possible, you could get trapped by caveins with no way out otherwise.

Buy a bucket as soon as economically possible, you could get trapped by water springs with no way out otherwise. You will always try to run back toward the elevator when setting off dynamite, a clear path helps you get out of the blast radius.

You can walk faster in town by holding down the d-pad than in the dangerous mine. Light sources allow you to see minerals & hazards easier.

Digging tools reduce your mining costs. Woody's surgical blade is known to give miners a temporary boost in hitpoints at a cost. Many rumors are to be heard in the saloon. </blockquote>

Download and Give Feedback

Cloud_35
May 16th, 2006, 00:26
Great Game!!!:D

Still the gfx are great, i think that a little improvement won't be bad;)

knblh
May 16th, 2006, 07:27
brill game one of my fav homebrew's atm.

Keep up the great work m8

just one thing any chance reducing the price to dig? i always die due to lack of cash lol

Cheers

Bri

crazyjohn
May 16th, 2006, 07:41
Awsome! I remember playing this years ago! Downloading now...

jsharrad
May 18th, 2006, 06:47
buy a pick and shovel to reduce the price to dig, it works out better in the long run... ;)

Vendeta
October 13th, 2006, 21:44
There shouldent be any price to dig it would make it funer or like only 1$ to dig lol

craigdanbeaton
November 16th, 2006, 16:58
Amazing