PDA

View Full Version : PiMP Streamer v0.5

wraggster
May 16th, 2006, 00:11
DickyDick1969 (http://www.geocities.com/dickydick1969) a member of our forums has updated his application that allows you to stream movies via Wifi to the PSP, heres whats new in this release:

- complete revamped the socket stuff at the server and client
- removed libcurl
- removed CSocket @^%@#!!!
- added further support for rss
- fixed some bugs with rss

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

Emeriastone
May 16th, 2006, 00:49
Any chance of 2.0-2.6 support in the future?

Runs beautifully on my 1.5 :p

Keep up the great work! (I think I may donate...)

lordnibbla
May 16th, 2006, 00:59
Love this app :D

cdrdj
May 16th, 2006, 01:10
I've been using this for over an hour now and i've only seen a few minor hiccups. Nothing major. AWESOME WORK!!

I've just been having some trouble getting the included Rss to work. I click on something from 1up, then it goes back to the select screen and the link i just clicked says downloading. Am i just supposed to wait? Cause when i clicked it again, it froze up and shut down.

shiftybill
May 16th, 2006, 01:34
this app pwns all i love it

Kloe
May 16th, 2006, 01:48
I hope he will get it running on v2.6 in the near future, I used to have a 1.5 psp but now have a 2.6 for my reasons, and I can't run this app anymore and i'm sad. :(

Voltron
May 16th, 2006, 01:57
I hope he will get it running on v2.6 in the near future, I used to have a 1.5 psp but now have a 2.6 for my reasons, and I can't run this app anymore and i'm sad. :(

OUCH! That surely is tragic. Life without 1.50 would be devastating to me.

Anyway, can't wait to try out this APP. Looks like some great work.

drew4237
May 16th, 2006, 02:22
i could live with a 2.0 cause then i can always downgrade back but i hate that stupid eloader(it isnt stupid but it is just a hassle when i can have 1.5

not here anymore
May 16th, 2006, 02:32
It would be uber cool if the program had an offline mode to be able to use it for PMP stored on the PSP instead of shutting down when no online connection is available.

Also a background image of some sort would be cool or at least support for a user defined bg (loading menu.jpg from the instal directory on PSP or something)

Top notch prog!
Later,

TSR

logicbomb.de
May 16th, 2006, 02:43
Runs great!

BTW, is it just me, cause the video always gets forced to 16:9 even when I change the setting to 4:3.

anyone else notice this?

cdrdj
May 16th, 2006, 03:12
Runs great!

BTW, is it just me, cause the video always gets forced to 16:9 even when I change the setting to 4:3.

anyone else notice this?

Yeah, that happens to me too. Even if it shows up as 4:3 when i exit and reload it still goes to wide.

guthix
May 16th, 2006, 03:40
Extremely nice, great job and keep up the excellent work. It really makes a big difference not having to rely on a small memory card.

lordnibbla
May 16th, 2006, 03:43
Can someone help me?

I have used all of the other versions of this program and the worked perfectly. But when I load up this one, it connects to my wifi but just gets stuck at

Current stream directory: " "

then it says 'error connecting to host'

If I try any of the other versions it works fine.

tsaikimon
May 16th, 2006, 04:13
for some of the people that had version .4 working but this one is not working for here is how I got past this issue.

1. make sure of course to change the ip address in the ini file on the psp to your computers (static) ip address

2. Make sure your psp is set to use a static ip address

3. If you are running a firewall make sure to forward port 3333 and do the same with your router

4. And most importantly I noticed that version .4 had the connection set to 1 in the psp ini file while this version has it set to 0. Changing this to 1 is what finally got this working for me. Not sure why this was changes to 0 but trying changing it to 1.

Video_freak
May 16th, 2006, 05:44
yay! now i can watch my fav south park episodes while i'm taking a dumb (too much information, i know, i know)

shadowprophet
May 16th, 2006, 06:54
If this works with windows xp yet:confused:

philage
May 16th, 2006, 08:12
Awsome news !!! This app is easily one of the best apps available, its so convinient to stream movies rather than have them hogging space on the MS, please please keep up the first class work, im gonna go try this version now and see what happens !!! :D

btw, i streamed my movies @ bitrate 400, audio 128 and frame rate /1.5, on 0.4 and it was nearly flawless, how much quality can be eaked out of this app ??? I would be amazed at even more performance.

Once again, keep up the good work.

Amiga
May 16th, 2006, 09:40
Works Fantastically!!

cdrdj
May 16th, 2006, 15:34
Can someone help me?

I have used all of the other versions of this program and the worked perfectly. But when I load up this one, it connects to my wifi but just gets stuck at

Current stream directory: " "

then it says 'error connecting to host'

If I try any of the other versions it works fine.

There's a program you have to open in windows. Its in the folder called Windoze. Make sure that is running or else you can't use this app.

If you do have it running, then try restarting the app. I've had this happen to me a few times and all I had to do was restart the Windoze program. If that doesn't work still, then try changing a few settings in the config and then save then reload the program. That also worked for me.

If this works with windows xp yet:confused:

It's been XP capable for a while. Im using Xp and i've used this since 2 versions ago.

shadowprophet
May 16th, 2006, 15:42
There's a program you have to open in windows. Its in the folder called Windoze. Make sure that is running or else you can't use this app.

If you do have it running, then try restarting the app. I've had this happen to me a few times and all I had to do was restart the Windoze program. If that doesn't work still, then try changing a few settings in the config and then save then reload the program. That also worked for me.

It's been XP capable for a while. Im using Xp and i've used this since 2 versions ago. I couldnt get the last verison to work for some reason :( i dont really know why now tho :(
I was reading in the forums and just assumed it didnt work with xp.
well then on to trying this out then:cool:
thanx a lot :p

Update for the first time ever I experienced pimpstreamer, I got it working and it is awsome beyond words :cool:

Thank you again cdrdj, I hadnt tried them lately cause I didnt think they worked with winxp.
this is truely the bomb if anything ever was :D
*Upadte

Im watching e3 coverage steamed to me from the net on my psp how next level cool is that!!

jaydoo
May 16th, 2006, 18:07
wow, wow, wow!

Full quality settings and only a couple of small, unobtrusive glitches.

The author gets my utmost respect.

shadowprophet: which site has e3 available for streaming?

shadowprophet
May 16th, 2006, 22:18
I dont know if im allowed to do this :(

But this is the one :o

IndianCheese
May 16th, 2006, 22:26
I always have slooooow buffer problems when using this app.

IndianCheese
May 16th, 2006, 22:31
Yeah, that happens to me too. Even if it shows up as 4:3 when i exit and reload it still goes to wide.

Open the PiMPStreamer.ini file and change "aspectratio" to 4:3.

cdrdj
May 16th, 2006, 22:47
Open the PiMPStreamer.ini file and change "aspectratio" to 4:3.

Yeah, I've tried editing the actual file and not just on the program. It shows up as 4:3 but when i play on my psp, it is 16:9. Anyone able to get 4:3 working?

Also, how do you add the RSS thingys? For example, I want to add Shadowprophet's RSS. I've tried dragging the file over to the box with rss thingy but that doesn't work. I extracted Shadowprophets .rar file and it gave me an xml document. I then try to drag and drop it onto the area the programs says to drop on to but nothing happens.

shadowprophet
May 16th, 2006, 22:50
I droped mine into the movies dir.
And my list pulled it up.
I tried to add them the way it sais to but it didnt work for me either :p

jaydoo
May 16th, 2006, 23:21
shadow, thank for the link but Im having trouble gettng it to work either by drag and drop or by putting the xml file into the MOVIES directory :(

Also tried editing the ini but no joy.

bballking
May 17th, 2006, 01:43
im having buffering problems too the video never plays smoothly on my psp...any suggestions? settings?

lordnibbla
May 17th, 2006, 02:44
I finally got it working after resetting to defaults.

(and the tedious network re-setup that comes with)

but it was worth it! Great app this is! :cool:

edit:

bballking, you should turn off wifi encryption if you havent already. And set up a static ip for your psp.

Oh, and forward port 3333 to your psp on your router.

irjimbob
June 9th, 2006, 13:01
I know i am gonnaa sound such a noob here but im not really, Can someone please give me a step by step guide to setting this up because all i can get is the list to come up with nothing in it and it says that the folder is empty or somthing. I am running windows xp i start the windoze exe file and set it up to have a film in the list. I then load the psp pimp streamer app up and i have changed the ip to the correct one and everything but i still cant get it to work!! Its all so very annoying:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

southzider
June 26th, 2006, 06:44
can you access your files from anywhere or do you have to be in your local wifi connection????? If so how do i configure my "ini" file