PDA

View Full Version : Report: EB stores refuse to stock PSPgo

wraggster
September 23rd, 2009, 16:18
EB Games could be the latest retail chain joining the ranks of those that have refused to stock Sony's upcoming PSPgo, if reports coming from Australia are correct.

According to Kotaku, numerous EB retail stores in Sydney have confirmed the console is not listed on their systems, despite its imminent release. The site also spoke to one rival retailer urging customers to preorder from its store because "EB aren't stocking it."

EB's head office refused to verify the rumours, saying it would not be commenting on the PSPgo.

Meanwhile, an SCE Australia spokesperson stated Sony has received solid support from retail ahead of the October 1 launch day of the PSPgo although refused to comment on another company's business.

"Retail support of the PSP platform includes both PSP 3000 and PSPgo," they added. "Many retailers will choose to range both PSP models side-by-side as we continue to offer expanded choice for the consumer for the handheld device platform. As with any new product, there will be continued discussions with retail partners to continue to expand reach over time in line with growth of the entire PSP platform."

Dutch retailer Nedgame and European chain Media Markt have already stated their decision not to stock the digital handheld - a stance ShopTo boss Igor Cipolletta said he sympathised with earlier this month.

"Sony has decided to cut publishers and retailers for the software of the PSPgo and deal direct with developers, giving them a 70 per cent margin for any items sold on Sony PSN. I believe if they had lowered that to 50 or 60 per cent, and given the opportunity to online retailers, it would have enjoyed greater success and retailers would attempt to promote the console to the market," he commented.

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/report-eb-stores-refuse-to-stock-pspgo

CoderX
September 23rd, 2009, 16:42
I really don't blame them, this is the first full digital driven video game device and any sales the device makes over the psp 1000, 2000, 3000 will be a direct hit to sales of in store games.

Honestly I have to say that the PSP-Go Is the first step in the death of an era. Video games are going to go digital, and one day, not shure when, Gamestop, & EB will no longer exist.

And Just Because I've never ever said it ("FIRST POST ! ! ! - Lame...")

symbal
September 23rd, 2009, 17:31
Another store joins the fight to keep the high street game retailer alive.. i know it's stretching the point but too much online retail is bad for local economys when we lose too many stores.

B2K24
September 23rd, 2009, 18:16
What if Retail stores have PSN digital kiosks where a user connects there GO to the kiosk and uses Debit/Credit or some sort of PSN card and then the retail stores could generate some profit from kiosk sales.

It also would play into the portability of the GO. I mean whats the point of doing it at home? Groups of teens could run through the malls showing off the GO to there friends and buy games on the GO.

symbal
September 23rd, 2009, 18:29
Yeah but i made this point before that what's the point with putting a kiosk in a store when stores could just be replaced with a cash machine giving out psn, itunes, xbox live vouchers, there's probably more profit doing that than paying costs to keep store open and not have much else to sell except game collectibles and low profit consoles, also those machines could have high speed internet connections and download the games right onto the console or some official external drive.

Zin0099
September 23rd, 2009, 18:38
buch of crap! pspgo is cool in my opinon

because is there any mp3 player out there with bluetooth support

or any portable videogame that will be able to play games you buy of the internet that is worth taking on the go and it's not like sony is going to cut out the umd support so shut up and stuff it

give it aleast a chance!

i gave the dsi a chance and you don't here that oh we won't stock!

ps i am psfanboy "part of the anti-360 war"

osgeld
September 23rd, 2009, 18:44
Um yea sony is going to cut out umd support, they have stated this numerous times, its not going to be instant but it is coming quickly

ojdon
September 23rd, 2009, 19:36
Good on them, I guess. Just make sure anyone can get access to an EB shop to go in and buy as many UMD as you can to show them your support ahaha.

Zin0099
September 23rd, 2009, 19:48
yeah because i love my psp umd's are great but so is downloadable content(and if you didn't realize psp dl you download the same game on unlimited number of memory cards but only up to 5 psp can play them!)

i'm mainly just pissed first ipod say ds and psp sucks
xbox has the same chip as ps3(screw u ms)
ms paying off companys like square enix for ff13
pspgo has basicly been kill by people who think it's rip off

but i'm still going to get one anyway
just leave sony alone and piss with microsoft

Zin0099
September 23rd, 2009, 19:51
sorry for x2 post but why would sony do that when that would really screw them over cuss not every one has internet matter of fact i don't have internet but the good old neihbors around my house supply me. because they don't have it security locked!

darkriku2000
September 23rd, 2009, 20:44
I really don't blame them, this is the first full digital driven video game device and any sales the device makes over the psp 1000, 2000, 3000 will be a direct hit to sales of in store games.

Honestly I have to say that the PSP-Go Is the first step in the death of an era. Video games are going to go digital, and one day, not shure when, Gamestop, & EB will no longer exist.

And Just Because I've never ever said it ("FIRST POST ! ! ! - Lame...")

Not gonna happen. Can you imagine downloading a ps3 game? thats 25 gigabytes, it would take forever. And I hear that we might be getting discs with over a terra byte of data in the future. Face it, retail isn't going anywhere for a long time

DCergo
September 23rd, 2009, 21:22
Um yea sony is going to cut out umd support, they have stated this numerous times, its not going to be instant but it is coming quickly

Quickly? I doubt it entirely. A UMD-based PSP4000 is in the works, so UMDs will be around for quite a while - and likely for the lifespan of the PSP series.

osgeld
September 23rd, 2009, 22:49
Quickly? I doubt it entirely. A UMD-based PSP4000 is in the works, so UMDs will be around for quite a while - and likely for the lifespan of the PSP series.

I guess we will see

osgeld
September 23rd, 2009, 22:55
(and if you didn't realize psp dl you download the same game on unlimited number of memory cards but only up to 5 psp can play them!)

so what good would it do to download it on more than 5?

i'm mainly just pissed first ipod say ds and psp sucks

really? please quote steve jobs saying that

xbox has the same chip as ps3(screw u ms)

What chip is that, the PowerPC, or the ATI video chip ... neither are in the ps3

ms paying off companys like square enix for ff13

Sony did it to nintendo, thats how the world works, suck it up

pspgo has basicly been kill by people who think it's rip off

Well its biult like crap, the screen is smaller and none of your current accessories will work with it ... all that for more money, it is a rip off

but i'm still going to get one anyway
just leave sony alone and piss with microsoft

Well good for you, I hope spending your life devoted to massive corporate structures serve you well, course you need to know they could not care less about you, how big of a fan you are or weather you even exist ... long as they get your money

Zin0099
September 23rd, 2009, 23:07
so what good would it do to download it on more than 5?

really? please quote steve jobs saying that
"ipod touch suchs with games just check out the qj.net post many people even with ipod touch agreed that ipod touch is not a really game system"

What chip is that, the PowerPC, or the ATI video chip ... neither are in the ps3

Sony did it to nintendo, thats how the world works, suck it up

Well its biult like crap, the screen is smaller and none of your current accessories will work with it ... all that for more money, it is a rip off

Well good for you, I hope spending your life devoted to massive corporate structures serve you well, course you need to know they could not care less about you, how big of a fan you are or weather you even exist ... long as they get your money

no i just like blue ray linux
psone/2/3 and japanese games too which ms really has no say in import support like psp/ps3 (it plays world wide games)

ps3's ee chip the processor chip was being make for ps3 but some how ms got the same chip and plus i think ms is crocked
final fantasy no square did it to nintendo cuss n64 didn't have enough room on cart like sony had with cds

pspgo can link both ps3 controller and up to the tv
and i didn't hear anyone compain about gameboy advance and how small the screen is?

i've been with sony since psx(playstation original) and do plan on keeping it that

osgeld
September 24th, 2009, 00:53
I prefer real linux on a non gimped distro

Xbox has a power pc based chip, EE is a power pc based chip, IBM helped design both, IBM is also the same one who sold MS a modified EE version of the ppc, Blame IBM (besides dont you know IBM is the enemy?)

Super about the go link, didnt they say the ps3 thing back when the phat came out? hasnt the psp been able to do TV for a few models now? Why do I want to pay more for something I already have?

Also the GBA screen was larger than all pevious gb screens, the second model had a slightly larger screen than 8 bit gameboys of that time, then that pocket / micro (whatever) was a personal choice... it also was fairly priced within its market and you could use your old crap with it

Ive been with sony since the ps1 days also, they let me down this gen, They released some white elephant, thats really expensive (for what it really is) and has little "to die for" exclusive games, thats not playstation thats XBOX!

Zin0099
September 24th, 2009, 03:52
ok well i won't fight with you it's i wish people would shut their mouth and atleast try a system

so yes like i stated i'm ps all the way! also nintendo is alright
i mean i loved my nes

but i was really just sick of see the games like

star ocean 4 (which is being released on ps3 now)
final fantasy 13
tales of vesperia(thank you microsoft for pay for the ps3 version)

i didn't want a 360 at all like i stated i only like sony products

and it's not about the accessories that is not my problem
wop de do!
but everyone wantted isos and know what sony is given us that with psone/psp games on the ps store((some ps3 games and rumored ps2 games for the ps3) so i'm excited to see this yes i know xbox is doing it to with xbox/360 games and that's nice but shut up and atleast try the new system it has features we won't see on the psp slim like

1- blue tooth (ps3 controller music head phones/headsets)
2-play on tv with ps3 controller
3-save state feature
4-16gb flash memory built in plus the option to add up to 16gb m2 cards(32gb and up later)
5 maybe psone games will let us have more than one controller up to the pspgo