PDA

View Full Version : is streaming video possible??

jman420
May 16th, 2006, 02:59
I use WinAmp to watch ESS.tv's streaming video, and wondered if it was possible for someone to create a media streamer that could connect to the IP of the different servers, and allow you to watch the streaming video..

I just wondered if it was possible, and if anyone wanted to work on one.

IndianCheese
May 16th, 2006, 04:33
Well, ESS.tv is a SHOUTcast radio broadcast, only it includes video stream also. PSPRadio streams internet radio, but NSV decoding (Nullsoft's video format) and video viewing are not implemented yet. Also, the buffering would probably be a bit too slow; I have noticed slow buffering in PiMPStreamer.

jman420
May 16th, 2006, 21:38
yeah, I just wondered if it was possible for anyone to adapt SHOUTcast to PSP in any way, to also include the video.. I suppose like you said the PSPRadio works for sound, but would it be possible to add the NSV and or video decoding to PSPradio??

robotdevil
May 20th, 2006, 04:16
It's gotta be possible, look at the Location Free TV, all streaming. How successfull it would be with a codec that's not built-in, dunno. Maybe 15fps. Maybe 10, depends on the complexity of the codec and how much addressable processor power can be secured. But should be totally possible, might take a year though.