PDA

View Full Version : Monkey64 & Daedalus coders work together !

nmkrapper
May 16th, 2006, 14:38
Hey guys I'd like to ask if it's possible to make Monkey64's coders and Daedalus' coders to work together and finish the nintendo 64 emulator quickly.
Is that possible?

PSmonkey
May 16th, 2006, 15:25
we both are going at our emulators in a different forum. So us merging and working on a single emulator wont really get us to the end faster (probably even slower since we would have to start over or one would have to learn the others emu src).

On the other hand we are trading info back and forth to help each other out. As well in the future me and him will be working on a few things that would benifit both emulators.

shadowprophet
May 16th, 2006, 15:27
No genius would cincider thereselves a true genius.
But from a third person prospective, I believe we can concider them as such.

And as such, I believe its best to just back off and allow them to do there work in which ever way they see fit :rolleyes:

But pushing and ebbing them to do things a certain way the only effective thing your doing is compromising both there projects and irritating them on top of that.

I say give them support and breathing room and allow them to do what it is they do:cool:

Your not alone in thinking they would make a great team, everyone thinks that:o

But at the same time, giveing them space and allowing them to do there thing, works better for everyone in the long run,
In shot people put coders on a pedestal, And either worship or throw rocks,

either way at the end of the day, there very real people just like you and me.
They cant be forced or pushed or persuaded into doing anything they dont wish to do.
In fact the only real option we really have is to wait for them to make there releases and enjoy the hell out of them, when they do;)

But yeah, they would make a dream team, no doubt :cool:

Cap'n 1time
May 16th, 2006, 15:35
Ok.. this has been thought of over and over and over. im gonna concider temp banning people that throw this "zomg join up!" because if you will take the time to read ever other post in every other thread youll notice that you dont have an original idea.

Accordion
May 16th, 2006, 15:37
nothing is truly original
but your right

Lumir
May 16th, 2006, 16:00
Join on the n64 emu... na like monkey said they would have to start all over or one would have to learn the others emu.

Now for a diff emu if monkey is up to it after n64 and iris then maby. (hints at ps1) bwahah j/k xD.

Psycho77
May 16th, 2006, 16:45
I think if we merged both sources code together, and recompile everything we going to double up the fps !

I think peoples fail to understand, that putting something like that together would require more effort than just sharing help and ideas.

shadowprophet
May 16th, 2006, 16:48
Ohh thats nice lol
Quzar would have a feild day on you with that idea:)

But it just doesnt work that way :o

If you merge both source codes together, what your gonna get even if somone was talented enough to pull it off would be a frankenstien mess that runs worse then anything imagninble, if it could be made to run at all ;)

PSmonkey
May 16th, 2006, 18:25
Ok.. this has been thought of over and over and over. im gonna concider temp banning people that throw this "zomg join up!" because if you will take the time to read ever other post in every other thread youll notice that you dont have an original idea.

Dont.
I wont be very pleased if you do and wraggster will know about it. :)

kersplatty
May 16th, 2006, 18:59
hey monkey what are you working on atm cos u said u were gonna slow work on monkey64 after a decent buil was out

Cap'n 1time
May 16th, 2006, 20:01
Dont.
I wont be very pleased if you do and wraggster will know about it. :)

well actually it was an empty threat, now they know that and the purpose is lost... THANKS ALOT YOU BIG MEAN HEAD! :mad:

Accordion
May 16th, 2006, 20:35
THANKS ALOT YOU BIG MEAN HEAD!

wow
harsh

shadowprophet
May 16th, 2006, 20:41
I like cheese:D