PDA

View Full Version : Sims 2 2.50?

Electrifying
May 16th, 2006, 15:36
I bought the Sims 2 today here in Europe. So I put the UMD in the drive, turned on my psp, waited a while until i saw the EA logo. So I was curious what kind of update there was on the disc. So I went back to the XMB and I saw it included a 2.50 update, so I got a bit scared and ejected the UMD.

So my question is, can i safely play the sims 2 on my 2.00 PSP without the risk of the game (accidentally) updating my PSP? from what I understand, and what I thought is that the sims requires 2.00 to run. :o

Accordion
May 16th, 2006, 16:53
you cant update by accident
you have to select the update option, make sure the power plug is in and have battery full, then you have to select the options to confirm

it is a bit dangerous to the psp to rewrite the flash, if it goes wrong then it kills the psp. there are the above security measures to make sure this cant happen

unless you choose to, it wont update.

why do so many people think there psps will take over and update in secret?

Electrifying
May 16th, 2006, 17:17
you just might never know to what lengths Sony goes to kill hombrew :p

Ok thx, i guess I can fire up the sims 2 safely on my psp :)

BTW, will the update refuse to run if the AC adapter isn't plugged in? I hope so, because i only use the AC to charge, not to play so i can never update my psp until i want it to.

Accordion
May 16th, 2006, 17:47
believe me the disc will not update the psp without you confirming it, if the game runs, then have fun playing it

i did once joke about sony sending an update through the mains electricity network right into your charging psp at night. you wake up and it is now 2.7000001
the ultimate update with absolutely no features whatsoever, no features means nothing to exploit. ha

Electrifying
May 16th, 2006, 19:02
lol, ok thanks. The game is running without any problems on my psp, so the mods can close this thread now :D :p